The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 05:11 PM   #1
iammattie
New Recruit

Need help identifying some Turtles Forever Multiverses

Hey all, I work with the youtube channel "Watchtower Database". Primarily, we focus on the DC Animated Universe, but we're trying to put together a video on the multiverse and that just happens to collide with the Turtles world as a result of the Batman/TMNT Adventures run from a few years back.

As part of this, we're trying to ID all the universes from the collage seen in Turtles Forever, but the downside is we aren't Turtles experts so it's been quite a challenge. Currently, we have 30 of them pinned down with sources (Issue numbers, specific on screen media, original art, etc.) but we're losing our minds trying to find these last 5 (or 6 if that random corner at the top of the page is somehow identifiable.)

Anyone think they can be of assisstance?

Based on feedback from posting this on Reddit it seems that the one in the center is by Steve Lavigne (Maybe from TMNT Adventures?), top left might be Dan Berger, lower left might be from action figure packaging, and bottom middle might be Jim Lawson. All of these have been great jumping off points for research purposes, but I'm still coming up blank!
iammattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:33 PM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Bottom middle is totally Mike Dooney.
The Lavigne and Berger pics are correct. It's hard to see some...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:38 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Looks like Mitchroney in the middle.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:40 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Looks like Mitchroney in the middle.
You know what...yeah. that's Ken.

Old 02-13-2020, 10:00 AM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I think some of them were fan drawings.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:29 AM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

Likening every occasion that the Turtles were drawn in different style to a different universe is very problematic. For example, we've run into this in Iron Man circles as well - one artist will draw sayyyyy.... the Modular Armor with pads on the thighs and another will draw the modular armor without pads and you'll have fans scramble to ID it as a new Armor or decimal modification. That doesn't work. It's an artists liberty - it's still the same armor.

And so, Michroney's Archie Adventures Turtles are the same as Lawson's Archie Adventures Turtles even though the art styles are completely different. But Lawson's Archie Adventure Turtles are different than his Mirage vol 1 Turtles. I think this is important as most reasonable people aren't going to assume an entirely new Universe of TMNT every time someone scribbles anything down on paper.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:01 PM   #7
iammattie
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You know what...yeah. that's Ken.

I got in touch with Dan Berger this morning to confirm his piece and he was also attributing that one to Mitchroney, so I think you guys are on to something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I think some of them were fan drawings.
I've gotten about 30 that were official (though some were original pieces done by TMNT artists for the film), so I'm not sure why any of the last 4 would be fan drawings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Likening every occasion that the Turtles were drawn in different style to a different universe is very problematic. For example, we've run into this in Iron Man circles as well - one artist will draw sayyyyy.... the Modular Armor with pads on the thighs and another will draw the modular armor without pads and you'll have fans scramble to ID it as a new Armor or decimal modification. That doesn't work. It's an artists liberty - it's still the same armor.

And so, Michroney's Archie Adventures Turtles are the same as Lawson's Archie Adventures Turtles even though the art styles are completely different. But Lawson's Archie Adventure Turtles are different than his Mirage vol 1 Turtles. I think this is important as most reasonable people aren't going to assume an entirely new Universe of TMNT every time someone scribbles anything down on paper.
Sure, but I don't think that really pertains to what I was asking. In the film, each piece of art is used to represent a different universe. I don't think that indicates a lack of continuity from one art style to the next. For instance, there were 3 pieces that came from the anime. 2 from the same episode. Just means that there are 2 universes where those events occur. If we go by the logic of infinite universes then it only makes sense that some will be pretty similar.

Either way, I'm just trying to identify what was shown on screen.
iammattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:35 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

The bottom left image looks like a doctored image from TMNTA Issue 22.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200213_223401.jpg (53.8 KB, 11 views)

Old 02-20-2020, 07:52 AM   #9
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

In TMNT 2012 season 5 the 80s krangs mentioned that there are 7 earth's and the 2012 earth is parallel to the 80s earth

Last edited by Teddygaming reviews; 02-20-2020 at 08:04 AM.
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote