The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-02-2019, 07:08 AM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

February - depressing?

Am I the only one who finds it depressing?

I may have a different viewpoint than most. my aunt died young on valentines day. but I think it's more than that. It's almost like I get worn out on winter and with spring so damn close, I want it to warm up fast.

curious if i'm the only one.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:40 AM   #2
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm sorry for the loss of your aunt.

As for the topic - No, I don't feel that February is a depressing month.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Winter depression is a thing
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nah, I get tired of winter, pretty much before it even actually starts, but can't say that it (or February) actually makes me depressed though. Maybe you have a touch of that seasonal depression thing?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:47 PM   #5
Roseangelo
Emperor

I like February. It has a convention that I have been attending for seven years and I especially look forward to going every year.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:37 PM   #6
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

You're making this two days after February's ended?
Old 03-03-2019, 04:01 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

February is one of those months I don't really notice. Plus, it's the shortest one in the year. I barely noticed it this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Winter depression is a thing
Well, they say that sunlight and warmer weather makes people happier, and tbh warmer countries have lower suicide rates on average than colder ones. I guess there might be a correlation, but not necessarily a causation. The region in our country with the highest amount of suicides is actually in south, where it can get REALLY hot in the summer. And their winters aren't particularly cold. And then there's countries like Japan and Korea which have quite high suicide rates each, but they can get quite hot in the summer as well. In their case it's more of a stressful society and insane academical pressure factor, I guess.

I dont' like rain, but that's because it's annoying and ruins a lot of plans or makes going outside a bigger pain. Not because "it's depressing". As for the sun and such, well warm weather is nice, but when it gets too hot it's brutal and certainly doesn't make me wanna leave the bed or my fridge. After feeling 3-4 days in a row with temperatures around 40-45C last summer, going down from 45C to 32C in the next day felt like a lot fresher
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:23 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

It doesn't depress me, but being so short it makes it feel like time is moving faster than it should. Like the year just started and it's already March.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:49 PM   #9
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

Well, they say that sunlight and warmer weather makes people happier, and tbh warmer countries have lower suicide rates on average than colder ones. I guess there might be a correlation, but not necessarily a causation.
...winter depression is an actual diagnosis that can be given to someone, man. There's no "guessing".
Old 03-03-2019, 10:24 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Feburary is my favourite month of the year.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-03-2019 at 10:31 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:24 PM   #11
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Well, they say that sunlight and warmer weather makes people happier, and tbh warmer countries have lower suicide rates on average than colder ones. I guess there might be a correlation, but not necessarily a causation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
...winter depression is an actual diagnosis that can be given to someone, man. There's no "guessing".
Cure is correct it's called "Seasonal depression" and they believe there is a causation not just a correlation!!! They believe that it's due to the amount of sunlight that person receives. The vitamin D we receives from the sun directly affects our serotonin levels. One of the most common occurrences for people to have seasonal depression is in Alaska due to the fact they can go months with sunlight!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:04 AM   #12
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I dont' like rain, but that's because it's annoying and ruins a lot of plans or makes going outside a bigger pain.
You sort of get used to it, living in a country where it tends to rain a lot Although there was always also heatwaves in the UK last summer, so it's not entirely rain and cooler weather.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #13
newfan
Mad Scientist

January might well be the most miserable month over all but I don't get depressed because of it, I do notice when the green comes back in spring though along the lighter eves/mornings. Always nice to see.

The only Jan where I felt a bit miserable was some years back, it just seemed to rain every day for a few weeks, between leaving home and returning in the dark it was also dull all day from the constant grey skies. Sure noticed when we got a blue sky then.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:09 PM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You sort of get used to it, living in a country where it tends to rain a lot Although there was always also heatwaves in the UK last summer, so it's not entirely rain and cooler weather.
Winter has been very tame where I live this year. In a couple of days recently the max temperature even reached 20-21C. There's been some rain, but not a ton, and max temps have been in the 15C-18C territory. Not that my city, Lisbon, tends to be brutal in the winter, but this is still a warmer winter than average.

Portugal is only brutal in the winter up North, especially in the more mountainous areas.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:00 AM   #15
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Nah, I get tired of winter, pretty much before it even actually starts, but can't say that it (or February) actually makes me depressed though. Maybe you have a touch of that seasonal depression thing?
possibly.

I don't mind winter. I actually quite enjoy it...November, and December at least. And January is fine, because the promise of a hopeful new year is around (although the promise never lives up!).

It's just by the time February turns around.. i'm so sick of snow and cloudy skies that I NEED sun and warmth . it was great to finally hear the birds start chirping again the other day.

I am definitely a 99+ type of degree person.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #16
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Same here in Ireland.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote