The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #21
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Sh3ll Hero View Post
So you're telling me that Goku never made the spirit bomb, got hit my Azula Vegeta, transfers the energy to Krillin who throws the spirit bomb at Vegeta with King Kais guidance, misses where it bounces off of Gohan and hits Vegeta? I think you should go rewatch that episode bud.
That all happens, but it doesn't beat him. Vegeta gets back up and is ready to kill them all until Goku coaxes Gohan into transforming, who then only barely manages to beat Vegeta by getting lucky and falling on him.

Yes, of course Goku is stronger later.

Why are we talking about this?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #22
Half Sh3ll Hero
Foot Soldier

i don't know. Let's get back on topic.

It really looks like a great issue and I'll be picking up this issue along with a few other micro series issues I've missed out on.

Half Sh3ll Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:07 AM   #23
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

it was a great issue. There is something however that is not explained in this issue. Is Traag an alien made of rock like he is in the OT and Nick cartoon?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #24
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
it was a great issue. There is something however that is not explained in this issue. Is Traag an alien made of rock like he is in the OT and Nick cartoon?
He's an alien, but his rocky exterior is not natural.

Baxter Stockman developed the rock soldier mutagen, as was explained early in the series.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #25
Crabfight
Thug

It seemed like Traag and Granitor both come from a non rock-covered species, and Krang gave the rock-like armor to them later. Am I correct in this? If so, it kind of takes the point of the name GRANITor away...

I thought the issue was enjoyable. Not my favorite in the Micro-Series, but that's just because I'm growing a bit tired of Krang. I'm much more excited about the villains involved in the upcoming Cityfall story: Alopex and Old Hob. We still have a Baxter issue before then, though, and it seems like that will largely be focused on Baxter's reaction to Krang, which makes sense.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #26
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabfight View Post
It seemed like Traag and Granitor both come from a non rock-covered species, and Krang gave the rock-like armor to them later. Am I correct in this? If so, it kind of takes the point of the name GRANITor away...
That is correct.

Baxter exposits about developing the rock soldier process and mutating Krangs forces in TMNT (IDW) #7.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #27
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:

I thought the issue was enjoyable. Not my favorite in the Micro-Series, but that's just because I'm growing a bit tired of Krang. I'm much more excited about the villains involved in the upcoming Cityfall story: Alopex and Old Hob. We still have a Baxter issue before then, though, and it seems like that will largely be focused on Baxter's reaction to Krang, which makes sense.
First off,I apologize for the DBZ comparison. I just saw a mirrored background between a character and Krang and wondered if Tom did this conciously.

As mentioned above, Baxter Stockman used the turtles then experiements to develope a mutagenic serum from the dna of a turtle shell to create the rock skin of the rock soliders as we know them. This gave us the asnwer as to where the army came from. It also showed us that Krang's father's enemy, Traxus is Krang's robotic body itself.

My question is,when are we going to get a development on what about to Professor Honeycutt? I expected this issue to cover that.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #28
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Sh3ll Hero View Post
So you're telling me that Goku never made the spirit bomb, got hit my Azula Vegeta, transfers the energy to Krillin who throws the spirit bomb at Vegeta with King Kais guidance, misses where it bounces off of Gohan and hits Vegeta? I think you should go rewatch that episode bud. Technically Gohan finishes Vegeta by smashing him while in his Azula form.

So in certain respects, I am wrong. But in my opinion barring Vegeta going Azula Goku had it in the bag.

Need I bring DBZ GT into the mix? There are plenty of times Goku smacks Vegeta around in that series.
I apologize for going off-topic, but...

What the f**k is Azula?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #29
Half Sh3ll Hero
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I apologize for going off-topic, but...

What the f**k is Azula?
Saiyans who have a tail.

They're also called Oozaru.

Half Sh3ll Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'd also like to know why Traag is spelled as Tragg.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #31
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Really good story, loved how evil they made Krang. Also, it was a really clever way to explain where Krang's body came from.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #32
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Not exactly related to the issue, but to Krang's origin:
1.) Foot Ninjas break into Stockman's lab to steal Ouze, at the beginning.
2.) Foot Ninjas break into Stockman's lab to kindap Splinter.
3.) April steals data from Stockman's lab.
3.) Foot Ninja (Karai) breaks into Krang's Burnow Island base, and steal Ooze again.

God, those guys really need to hire a proper security! How is that Krang still doesn't look at the Foot Clan as a treat? Don't get it. Especially since back in the day Shredder also killed an Utrom in "Secret History of the Foot Clan". Btw, I think he was not Quanin, because Fugitoid stated it in Krang War, that Quanin died with the Utrom homeworld, thanks to the Ooze, that they abused for their wars. (...or if 0e was Quanin, Shredder's not killed him, as he tought. it happened kinda off-screen way)

Quote:
Yup, they were yellow-skinned, bald, humanoid creatures. There was some dialogue where Krang said to Baxter, that all he did was failure, then Baxter replied with how the Rock Soldier serum worked, and made their skin stone-solid, and bullet-proof. That topic's also revisited in Krang War, when one of the Neutrinos shot down Granitor, and a few minutes he returned with any major injuries. Well, I think that was Granitor...

About the Micro, it was kinda nice, nothing too "groundbreaking" or whatever, but it was a nice read.
Also, the art is awesome! I know Henderson did the Casey micro before, but I really hope that he will draw even more TMNT in the future.
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #33
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Really good story, loved how evil they made Krang. Also, it was a really clever way to explain where Krang's body came from.
I didnt noticed that it was krang robot body i thought that he was another alien. But now that i read the issue again yes it is a robot. So this robot became very intelligent and had it own mind and decided to kill krang. I dont understand why Kranf decided to use it as his robot body afer all what it has done instead of destroying it.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #34
Slade
god status

Quote:

I agree with you on that.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #35
ToTheNines
[sic]

That was ok. I really liked that art, and the Morbus reference was awesome, but it was pretty much all by the numbers and turned out to be almost completely what I was expecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
God, those guys really need to hire a proper security! How is that Krang still doesn't look at the Foot Clan as a treat? Don't get it. Especially since back in the day Shredder also killed an Utrom in "Secret History of the Foot Clan". Btw, I think he was not Quanin, because Fugitoid stated it in Krang War, that Quanin died with the Utrom homeworld, thanks to the Ooze, that they abused for their wars. (...or if 0e was Quanin, Shredder's not killed him, as he tought. it happened kinda off-screen way)
Shredder didn't kill that Utrom. They knocked him back into his portal then blew it up.

Although, I thought they killed him too my first time reading it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #36
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

A nice little issue that works. I liked the origin to Krang's exosuit, although Traxus' design totally reminded me of Sigma from Mega Man X! I definitely see the Vegeta origin comparison and the inferiority complex that Krang develops from his race's inherent small size. I think showing how Utroms find ways to accommodate this shortcoming really ups their threat credibility.

The artwork is fantastic and Henderson is quickly moving up the ranks in TMNT artists for me. Would love to see him do a whole mini-series like Santoloucco on Secret History. Him doing both the gritty Casey Jones issue and this more sci-fi oriented issue shows he has a lot range in his very clean but detailed art.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #37
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

great issue. i feel like they could of done more with him.

i felt wanting more as I finished it.

they should do 1 more on him... i think. just felt too brief
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #38
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I liked the issue for what it was, but agreed that it seemed a bit brief considering all the hype behind it. But that could be more our fault than IDW's.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion, krang