The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-05-2017, 01:44 PM   #21
Dust
Foot Soldier

Can we stop bringing up 'A Day Inside May' every thread CyberCubed is in? It's getting rather annoying now.
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #22
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Can we stop bringing up 'A Day Inside May' every thread CyberCubed is in? It's getting rather annoying now.
Yo, real talk.

It's seriously at a point where this needs to become a punishable offense.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:01 PM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

With the mention of 'a couple' I'm curious as to exactly who was 'inside May' unless it was Ash himself?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #24
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

In this version, and only this version I'd actually prefer April/Don over April/Casey. Nick!Casey is kind of an annoying brat, so I really can't root for him, and I agree with the "just give me some time" interpretation of the "You're my mutant" line. And, since he's cooled his jets since then and was willing to let go, I'd say he's still learned his lesson.

As for the human/turtle thing, he's a bipedal anthropomorphic turtle and Nick!April's not entirely human anyway, (and Mirage!April got it on with a cockroach) so it doesn't bother me.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post

As for the human/turtle thing, he's a bipedal anthropomorphic turtle and Nick!April's not entirely human anyway, (and Mirage!April got it on with a cockroach) so it doesn't bother me.
Exactly. Plus, they shouldn't have bothered with the crush in the first season to begin with. It wasn't a one-off gag. It went on throughout the whole season. And they're both main characters. The only reason everyone wants to push it off is because 'ew turtles, ew mutants, ew sex with animals' and other childish nonsense. Why not just full on castrate your favorite heroes while you're at it?

If it was any other human character (Casey or some new guy) acting in the exact same way with the exact same lines and scenes with April, would anyone have really complained it in season 1 or try to excuse it as a gag or one-off joke? No. They're just doing it because the giant talking turtle is doing it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 04-22-2017, 11:25 PM   #26
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

You know despite me hating the whole "Donnie is thirsty for April" gag this show had for 2 seasons, I still prefer April being involved with Donnie than Casey. At least Donnie has somewhat of a personality and some semblance of character because after the Northampton arc, Casey's character has been bog down to saying "Dude" or "Wicked".
Old 04-23-2017, 12:45 AM   #27
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think they couldve expanded both Caseys and Donnies character after the Northampton arc if April got with Casey, then Casey wouldn't be as disliked as he is now because he'd have more to do than just shout catchphrases.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:55 AM   #28
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Plus, they shouldn't have bothered with the crush in the first season to begin with. It wasn't a one-off gag. It went on throughout the whole season.
Exactly. If the crush issue would have been only a temporary sub-plot, in season 3 the writers would have set April and Donnie as just best friends and they would have developed more the relationship of Casey-April to lead it to romance. But not only they didn't, but even the Donnie/April "possible romance" thing is still there in this last season. I mean ... even the episode number 100 of the show, which normally is a special episode of any TV show, the writers decided to focus on April and Donnie with some drama beetween them. It's like if the writers are telling us that the crush sub-plot is not a joke anymore and it became something serious.

And don't forget the too much campaign that Nickelodeon has done by supporting Apritello during all these years. Has Nickelodeon ever support Capril outside? I think never. And the last poll they made asking if you prefer Capril or Apritello was 2 months ago and the result was 23-77 winning Apritello (althought I would discuss the legitimacy of their polls):

Of course the campaign doesn't influence on the story, but it does on the viewers of the show.
If you think about it, would Nickelodeon really support that much a ship that won't happen, if they know that it would end with fans being angry about it? It's noneless, unless they do know the ship will be canon sometime
The writers have definitely taken it too seriously, that's why I think for this time they're gonna break the "tradition" and make Apritello canon for the first time (something risky for them at the beggining of the show, but I think it's a great idea and I do appreciate it) After all they have done, setting Capril as the end game would be disappointing and the whole Apritello idea they brought since the first episode of the show would be in vain.

Last edited by Redworld96; 04-23-2017 at 06:02 AM.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Exactly. If the crush issue would have been only a temporary sub-plot, in season 3 the writers would have set April and Donnie as just best friends and they would have developed more the relationship of Casey-April to lead it to romance. But not only they didn't, but even the Donnie/April "possible romance" thing is still there in this last season. I mean ... even the episode number 100 of the show, which normally is a special episode of any TV show, the writers decided to focus on April and Donnie with some drama beetween them. It's like if the writers are telling us that the crush sub-plot is not a joke anymore and it became something serious.

And don't forget the too much campaign that Nickelodeon has done by supporting Apritello during all these years. Has Nickelodeon ever support Capril outside? I think never. And the last poll they made asking if you prefer Capril or Apritello was 2 months ago and the result was 23-77 winning Apritello (althought I would discuss the legitimacy of their polls):
https://68.media.tumblr.com/654a6272...51e2b_1280.png
Of course the campaign doesn't influence on the story, but it does on the viewers of the show.
If you think about it, would Nickelodeon really support that much a ship that won't happen, if they know that it would end with fans being angry about it? It's noneless, unless they do know the ship will be canon sometime
The writers have definitely taken it too seriously, that's why I think for this time they're gonna break the "tradition" and make Apritello canon for the first time (something risky for them at the beggining of the show, but I think it's a great idea and I do appreciate it) After all they have done, setting Capril as the end game would be disappointing and the whole Apritello idea they brought since the first episode of the show would be in vain.
I'm starting to think it wasnt meant to be a one off joke and it was just fan denial and praying/wishing it was a joke that would end/go away for the sole reason of 'ew turtle sex with human', when they're kinda forgetting its a damn kids cartoon and cartoon couples rarely do more than hold hands or whatever.

Like if casey is with april noone says anything or thinks anything remotely perverted, but set her up with Don and everyone is already getting grossed out by the thought of her going down on him. Wtf? Get those thoughts out of your head. I don't remember anyone saying 'heh heh i bet casey gives it to april good' when they were a couple in the 2K3 series, so why is it everyone is so quick to think of sex if don is involved. Just stop.

Again, you don't make a romance subplot for the first season and then just dump it on the second when some new guy comes along. It's just bad writing and if anything it would be more about the suitor trying to overcome this new challenge. Noone would have wanted casey to randomly lose april to some other guy in the 2k3 show and just sit back and be like 'oh well, guess it was a meaningless crush'.

Plus Capril would have worked if casey wasnt the most annoying character in the series. At least 2K3 casey was likeable.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:42 PM   #30
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I think yes because it is the one that makes the most sense both biologically and genetically.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:14 PM   #31
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
I think yes because it is the one that makes the most sense both biologically and genetically.
Yeah but love overcomes all, especially in a world full of mutants and aliens. Mikey has crushes on Renet and Shini, where's all the 'ew turtle sex, ew'.

What about Raph, making out with an alien? He's still an Earth based animal with his hands all over an alien creature.

Plus April isn't even human. Who's to say the same dna that makes her immune to mutagen also makes her unable to concieve a normal human child.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:12 PM   #32
Yoshimickster
Foot Soldier

I'M in the minority in actually liking 2K12 Casey...but yeah he and April have ZERO chemistry, Apritello all the way.
Yoshimickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:43 PM   #33
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshimickster View Post
I'M in the minority in actually liking 2K12 Casey...but yeah he and April have ZERO chemistry, Apritello all the way.
I don't dislike Casey either. I like how he fights with his friends. I don't dislike any character for this series...but like with anything, it's super rare of me to dislike or hate a character. Casey is no exception. He's ok. He isn't selfish or snooty, and those are a couple of traits that turn me away from a character.

There are things Casey has done or said that I disliked, but it didn't make me dislike him as a character and friend of the Turtles.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:32 PM   #34
victory_angel
Foot Elite

The difference between Donnie and Casey much of the time is how they have developed towards her.

Donnie-Yes his attempts at gaining April's attention bordered on creepy. But that was whenever he was openly trying to get April's attention. There were other times where he is just there for her as a friend, no intentions or strings attached and those are the moments his love for her truly shines.

He also has taken the time to listen to her and get to know her, he pays attention to how she reacts to the things he does and anything she doesn't appreciate he doesn't repeat. And even the times he unintentionally does say something that he didn't mean to say he does back peddle and tries to get things back on track. Which makes things a bit more awkward such as that time Raph had to end up dragging him out of the dojo before he made even more of a fool of himself.

In Donnie's defense, he has lived in an all-male society much of his life. Splinter has likely given the Turtles "The Talk" for the sake of them actually knowing the reproductive system of the body not for the sake of something they would ever experience. Which would make any possible relationships with a girl even more special for the Turtles because they don't know if they would ever have companionship beyond their brothers?

They obviously would have seen women in comic books, on TV, in magazines, and such. But the only thing they would really grasp for the most part is that women and girls were different from boys.

Casey on the other hand- He doesn't really like April so much as he likes the idea of her. The only reason he approached her in the first place was because she had put up a request to tutor someone and he used the need for a tutor as an excuse to spend time with her. And there have been times where they have been together hanging out where he had essentially stated he wanted to be someplace where he could make out with her.

But over time, he's beginning to see that April is really going to only see him as a friend. Yet, that doesn't mean he isn't going to stop gunning for her.

Auman has confirmed for me via facebook is that the Capritello triangle is sort of a mirror to the triangle between Splinter/Tangshen/The Shredder. It just won't be quite as bloody.

Casey knows April has on some level chosen Donnie which does cause him some frustration, but there isn't anything official as of yet. So while he is still leaving the field open for girls like Karai just in case, he still isn't ready to give up on April without a fight.

April for her part loves both of her suitors as dear close friends, but both provide something she can get out of having a relationship with them.

Donnie makes her feel like she has a family that's aways there for her as needed who welcomes and accepts her as one of their own. But this will cost her any sense of normalcy she may have in life.

Casey provides her a chance to live life as a normal person. While she herself isn't completely human, she does have more of a chance to live a normal human life than the Turtles do. But to do that it means that she will have to turn away from her life with the Turtles eventually.

She wants to have the balance between both but knows she can't exactly have things both ways. Which is one of the reasons that she doesn't like it when Donnie and Casey bicker, because it makes her feel she does need to take sides on the issue and will only give fuel to their rivalry.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:53 AM   #35
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Technically, Apritello didn't happen either. They just teased it for years but honestly? Nothing came from it. What...one kiss on the cheek and that's it?

They're not boyfriend/girlfriend, they're not in any kind of relationship and they're not going to be, there's no 'hijinks over a first dinner/first date', or anything at all. And honestly? There's no evidence that April remotely even likes Donnie that way...even after years of them doing this 'teasing' thing.

Once again, it's one of those things that they bring up but do nothing with...just like many other ideas or points on the show. Like the phrase goes, 'Sh*t or Get Off the Pot". Do one or the other.

My point is, it can easily still be Capril and there's no reason to think otherwise.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:22 AM   #36
neatoman
Emperor

Oh and let's not forget the... Ahem... "Squirrels of Fores... hadowing".

Spoiler:
I'm saying they implied Casey and April had sex off-screen. They banged,
they porked, they snuggled, they got busy, they did the hanky panky, they nailed, they cleaned the pipes, they shagged, they got down etc.

What else are two hormone filled teens going to do far away from the internet?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:43 AM   #37
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Technically, Apritello didn't happen either. They just teased it for years but honestly? Nothing came from it. What...one kiss on the cheek and that's it?

They're not boyfriend/girlfriend, they're not in any kind of relationship and they're not going to be, there's no 'hijinks over a first dinner/first date', or anything at all. And honestly? There's no evidence that April remotely even likes Donnie that way...even after years of them doing this 'teasing' thing.

Once again, it's one of those things that they bring up but do nothing with...just like many other ideas or points on the show. Like the phrase goes, 'Sh*t or Get Off the Pot". Do one or the other.

My point is, it can easily still be Capril and there's no reason to think otherwise.
Ahem. Apritello did kiss on the lips once.

But yeah nothing substantial happens after that.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:58 AM   #38
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Ahem. Apritello did kiss on the lips once.

But yeah nothing substantial happens after that.
Yeah, after that everything was like if nothing happended in that episode.
But I'll remember what Ciro said in an interview:

TOONZONE NEWS: A popular element of the show has been Donatello’s crush on April, a comedic and complicated situation that only got more so with the arrival of Casey in season two. With fans buying into it in differing levels, is there a planned end point or are you seeing where it goes episode to episode?

CIRO NIELI: There’s definitely a planned end point, but we don’t know how we’re charting it, so it’s a little bit of both of what you just said. It’s fun to meander there. The affairs of the heart are never planned that clearly so we’re kinda playing it a little bit realistically that way. We’re just having fun with it right now, but Casey definitely moves fast though. I think Donnie’s a lot more of a polite guy but Casey never waits that long. But you never know….I think April truly loves Donnie.

Plus some recent comments of Ciro on Instagram talking about Donnie and April in the future ICK music video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
The whole show is the reason to at least think otherwise XD
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:31 PM   #39
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Has anyone here ever considered that it could turn out being neither?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:10 PM   #40
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Has anyone here ever considered that it could turn out being neither?
T'would be nice, but I doubt they'd let April remain single. They always seem to want to pair her up with someone in every incarnation.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote