The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-06-2017, 11:39 AM   #261
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

True... So we leave off with B&R as heroes, Casey's ribs broken, the TMNT inevitably back to being bored...

You know, it's funny... Had the show allowed OT Shredder and Krang to destroy the world (maybe aided with 2012 Kraang tech and mutagen), it might have explained the apocalypse.

Though to make this one that is the TV finale make sense after the apocalypse one already aired, they could have thrown Renet into at the beginning like she stepped in to help them get a re-do, stopping OT Shredder and Krang from causing it. o.O Maybe I'll just pretend that's the case and we didn't see that part. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #262
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yes, but Fred Wolf Shredder and Krang can never be allowed to succeed with their plans because they're typical Saturday Morning Cartoon villains who must be foiled at all times.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #263
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

But then it makes all the more sense that they'd want to go to 2012's world to try to do it where such things are possible! (But find that they themselves are just too bumbling to succeed. Though it really comes down this B&R having a bit more brains.)

The OT world is clearly made of some kind of invisible indestructible matter. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:47 AM   #264
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of funny, had Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady not turned on them they might have actually succeeded. Krang even says, "What happened? What went wrong?" like he was so sad because he thought he was going to win this time.

As I said, the plot in these eps of Shredder/Krang repowering the Technodrome and trying to conquer Earth with Rock Soldiers was basically the main plot of the entire original cartoon and what they were trying to do for like 10 seasons. In a way it's the perfect sendoff to the series.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:05 PM   #265
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's kind of funny the last shot we see of Nick's Casey is his ribs breaking from being hit by Rocksteady.
So his X-Ray was foreshadowing of his skull in the Apocalypse, I guess?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #266
CyberCubed
Overlord

Probably. April also had a premonition of Casey's skull way back in the Alopex episode too.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #267
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

My only major complaint about these crossovers is the fact that they didn't have Tiger Claw appear.

Since Tiger Claw called a Truce with the turtles in "end times", it would've been nice to see him fighting alongside them in these episodes when the technodrome was destroying the city. For someone who is shown to care when the world being destroyed at the end of season 3, it was odd to see him completely absent.

I don't think it would've normally been such a big deal, but Tiger Claw was really teased as being connected to all the OT turtle appearances, from first being introduced in Wormquake (the same episodes in which the OT turtles first had a cameo), to have been shown fighting them in a flashback in "The Wrath of Tiger Claw" and even at the end of Transdimensional Turtles, you would think he would have atleast been mentioned.

Would've been cool if we saw the 80s turtles and Tiger Claw initially get aggressive towards each other due to the previous encounter, but then set their differences aside and work together.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #268
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really hope the Nick universe does get revisited a few years down the line with a movie. We do need to see Tiger Claw fight alongside the Turtles, more than just in the Kavaxas arc. Since Ciro wanted to do another Fugitoid story too it probably would have included most of the Nick cast.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:01 PM   #269
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Yes, but Fred Wolf Shredder and Krang can never be allowed to succeed with their plans because they're typical Saturday Morning Cartoon villains who must be foiled at all times.
Except the second episode of the original Big trilogy.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #270
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Come to think of it, FW Shredder posed far more of a threat to the entire city in 3 episodes than Nick Shredder did in the entire series, because FW Shredder and Krang had the technodrome which easily demolished everything in its path, in addition to stone warriors and foot soldiers.

Nick Shredder on the other hand, struggled to take over the city even when The Kraang and Triceratons were gone due to the turtles and Karai/Shinigami forming their own branch of the Foot.

Talk about Irony.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:46 PM   #271
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
FW Shredder and Krang had the technodrome which easily demolished everything in its path
Shredder even demolished traffic in the "Big Zipp Attack" episode with a technorover.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #272
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nick Shredder never did have any "world domination" plans like OT Shredder or 2k3 Shredder did. He probably would have tried to conquer the city at least, or whatever that means in the context of a cartoon.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:44 PM   #273
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Nick Shredder never did have any "world domination" plans like OT Shredder or 2k3 Shredder did. He probably would have tried to conquer the city at least, or whatever that means in the context of a cartoon.
He did make an alliance with the Kraang at the end of season 2 when they took over the city, and even tried taking it over himself after they were gone so it wasn't out of his league.

Its funny though, realizing that the incompetent Shredder did what his dangerous counterpart couldn't (unless we count Half Shell Heroes, where Nick Shredder does take over the city).

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 11-06-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:42 AM   #274
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Honestly, I have no idea what he wanted outside of getting revenge on Hamato Yoshi.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:45 AM   #275
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Had he lived long enough, I assume after killing Splinter he'd pack his bags and go back to Japan. We never did know who was running the Foot in his absence all these years.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #276
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm pretty he had a world-conquest thing on the side, which was probably exasperated by working with/for Krang.

He likely wouldn't leave, no matter what point of his relationship with Krang at the time, because of all the Dimension X tech lying around.

Besides, the guy running the Foot instead of him is probably glad that he's gone
Old 11-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #277
CyberCubed
Overlord

In a way this Shredder was simple minded in his goals. Kill Splinter, eventually the Turtles, bring Karai back with him...and I guess rule the city with a criminal intent.

I mean he still made deals with the mob, Purple Dragons, Xever, Bradford was training new Foot recruits, etc. So perhaps he just wanted an organized crime syndicate.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #278
sdp
-

No, in Season 3 Tiger Claw mentions how the Kraang only want to destroy the world and don't care about humans Shredder replies that neither does he. Also in that same season Tiger Claw mentions how the Kraang are going to betray him and they're not doing the city any favors, he replies something along the lines of "i'll let them play for now and eventually I'll take them out and rule over the city".
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #279
CyberCubed
Overlord

Had the Kraang won or the Turtles died, it is obvious Shredder would have eventually turned on the Kraang himself. It's not like he was going to continue sitting there in his little thrown room as all humans were mutated into Kraang creatures around him in the entire city.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:43 AM   #280
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I remember that, I think it's as people have pointed out, his first and foremost priority was to kill Splinter. At that time he was also trying to find Karai and also was asking the Kraang to mutate her back to human so I think he was holding on before he turned on them. Didn't he say something about dealing with them but not yet? I can't remember what but it was something like that.
I had the feeling he certainly wanted power, just not in the same way as 80s shredder?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote