The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-21-2018, 06:03 PM   #21
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I don't currently own a vehicle, as many know, but do still have a lisence. My first car was an 84 red Ford T-bird with a Turbo v6. I LOVED that car. Bought it mostly with my own money from my first job, after finding it in a for sale ad in the newspaper. (Remember when people still used those?) Liked it from the first day, and even more so after I discovered its little "quirk". It would only behave properly for me. Dad drove it the first day I got it, called it a piece of junk. She heard him. Died promptly after he said it, and rolled to a stop at a red light with three other cars beside and behind us. I told him to apologize for hurting her feelings, and he grumbled about not buying cars from guys at night and managed to restart it without too much trouble.

A week later my mom wanted to try it out. She drove it and made a similar comment about it being a clunker- it immediately died on her, too. The car KNEW. I started calling it Christine as a joke, but apparently it liked the name, and the only issues I ever had was when the alternator went out. It would act cranky and would run kind of reluctantly if I let the gas get below 1/4 tank, but she ran loyally for 6 years.

Finally bit the dust when the engine computer went out and I could not get it replaced. But of the cars I have had, she was my favorite. Outran a 30th anniversary Camaro one night, my speedometer only went to 85 but he apparently lost track of her speed at 120, with more pedal still to go. Outdrove a friend in her Mazda RX one night on the freeway at 1:30 AM. Was about 120 that time too, according to her after we stopped. That T-bird was also tough as nails- was hit TWICE on the road by other cars, and all it ever got was a scratch on the bumper sticker on my back fender. And that was at 55 mph! She was invincible.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:43 PM   #22
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Hasn't been too long since I began driving but I have a Toyota Camree, Toyota Oreon and an Toyota Highlander, all of them I enjoy taking out for a ride.

My personal favourite way of transport is still a Bicycle, however.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote