The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-31-2018, 05:43 PM   #3841
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Hasbro Confirms Power Rangers Movie Plans
https://www.powerrangersnow.com/hasb...s-movie-plans/

Looks like the franchise isnt dead just yet

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:54 PM   #3842
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post

They still don't say whether this will be a sequel to the 2017 film or just a complete reboot.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:24 AM   #3843
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post

At least the general PR franchise isn't. Hasbro has a lot of successful franchises, and they might do the show some justice. The movie they put out might turn out to be somewhat accepted like Lionsgate's movie, which even non-fans (and even haters) actually praised. I just don't think it'll be any more successful.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:29 AM   #3844
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Guaranteed to be a full reboot/reimagining. There isn't any point in trudging forward with part 2 of a movie that lost a lot of money. Particularly with new bosses/owners involved.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:46 AM   #3845
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So another big event this year from BOOM Comics is a graphic novel called "Soul of the Dragon", a story about Tommy going on one last mission to try and rescue his and Katherine's son JJ

https://www.amazon.de/Mighty-Morphin...dp/1684152542/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #3846
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Guaranteed to be a full reboot/reimagining. There isn't any point in trudging forward with part 2 of a movie that lost a lot of money. Particularly with new bosses/owners involved.
Exactly, I know many fans love the movie and I liked it too even if not amazing but the partnerships mess alone would mean its a reboot but counting that the movie didn't set the BO on fire and especially if they want to make its just not going to happen.

It was an interesting take, I wouldn't mind a sequel but I'm more than fine to see a new version whatever it may be even if I'm not crazy of a Hasbro-Verse universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So another big event this year from BOOM Comics is a graphic novel called "Soul of the Dragon", a story about Tommy going on one last mission to try and rescue his and Katherine's son JJ

https://www.amazon.de/Mighty-Morphin...dp/1684152542/
Ugh, I finally came to like Lord Drakkon but everything BOOM keeps doing feels so FanFic that it turns me off. At least it acknowledges that Tommy/Kat is canon as the final couple. I'll always prefer the Tommy/Kim ship but the Zeo christmas special cements that Tommy Married Kat.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #3847
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Ugh, I finally came to like Lord Drakkon but everything BOOM keeps doing feels so FanFic that it turns me off. At least it acknowledges that Tommy/Kat is canon as the final couple. I'll always prefer the Tommy/Kim ship but the Zeo christmas special cements that Tommy Married Kat.
I agree the whole Lord Drakkon thing is getting more and more fan-fiction. The moment that one Tommy murdered another sealed the deal.

Everyone knows that Tommy and Kimberly are mean to be. I always thought the Christmas special that finished Zeo after the gold powers were reclaimed and Machine Empire defeated was an alternate future. As in it could happen, but not necessarily.

Has it been defined White Light and The Power Transfer happen in the version we are reading in Boom!? The time that has passed makes it difficult or would have to happen not long at all after this Shattered Grid mess clears up his summer.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:57 AM   #3848
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I agree the whole Lord Drakkon thing is getting more and more fan-fiction. The moment that one Tommy murdered another sealed the deal.

Everyone knows that Tommy and Kimberly are mean to be. I always thought the Christmas special that finished Zeo after the gold powers were reclaimed and Machine Empire defeated was an alternate future. As in it could happen, but not necessarily.

Has it been defined White Light and The Power Transfer happen in the version we are reading in Boom!? The time that has passed makes it difficult or would have to happen not long at all after this Shattered Grid mess clears up his summer.
haha I know they're meant to be but to me that's on screen canon and I cannot refute that no matter how much I disagree with it. It's silly for me to say "it's an alternate future" when it's there and if not it gets to fanfic territory like ....the boom comic.

I don't read the boom comic so I don't know, I've only read a few panels posted on /co/ and I hated the idea of Lord Drakken but now I'd like to see him in the show proper but man everything is so fanfic OC DO NOT STEAL to remain relevant and "cool" instead of embracing the cool things the franchise already has. Ironic how the fandom loves this comic which is all about Tommy and yet always complain about being tired of Tommy whenever he makes a return in the show.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:27 PM   #3849
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
haha I know they're meant to be but to me that's on screen canon and I cannot refute that no matter how much I disagree with it. It's silly for me to say "it's an alternate future" when it's there and if not it gets to fanfic territory like ....the boom comic.

I don't read the boom comic so I don't know, I've only read a few panels posted on /co/ and I hated the idea of Lord Drakken but now I'd like to see him in the show proper but man everything is so fanfic OC DO NOT STEAL to remain relevant and "cool" instead of embracing the cool things the franchise already has. Ironic how the fandom loves this comic which is all about Tommy and yet always complain about being tired of Tommy whenever he makes a return in the show.
I remember seeing the Zeo finale when I was 9 and thought it was an alternate timeline not what will happen. The whole romance seemed forced to me as a child.

If Tommy is not in the Boom! series after issue #30 then, not so. However, it does look that way at this point and that is why I like it overall, a Tommy/Green Ranger focus with the original six featured.

I still say Lord Drakkon could have been Lord Zedd before we knew him proper or even a twist that he started out as Tommy of an alternate Earth.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:51 PM   #3850
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I never understood the appeal of Tommy/Kimberly, that felt pretty forced to me as well when I was growing up...frankly I preferred the fanon idea she finally reciprocated Skull's one-sided advances, married him, and gave birth to Spike from Samurai
Old 06-03-2018, 03:07 PM   #3851
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't know I think it was subtle and it was slow and that's why it worked. Kat didn't even if it was "set up" in a few episodes and likely had more time than Tommy/Kimberly did. We all like our OTP stories and we all had a crush on Kimberly and girls on Tommy haha.

I think it was Funaro who started the idea of Spike being Kimberly's son and that was the reason she left. I find it funny and he kinda deserves it after Skull always having his advances stopped. Since Tommy/Kat is canon, I'd say I'll think Kim/Skull is canon until proven otherwise.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #3852
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I always thought that Jason and Kimberly ended up together. I thought there was something in the Pink! mini-series that it was hinted that Jason was the guy she was referring to when she was writing the Dear John letter.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:22 PM   #3853
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I don't know I think it was subtle and it was slow and that's why it worked. Kat didn't even if it was "set up" in a few episodes and likely had more time than Tommy/Kimberly did. We all like our OTP stories and we all had a crush on Kimberly and girls on Tommy haha.

I think it was Funaro who started the idea of Spike being Kimberly's son and that was the reason she left. I find it funny and he kinda deserves it after Skull always having his advances stopped. Since Tommy/Kat is canon, I'd say I'll think Kim/Skull is canon until proven otherwise.
Alternate future! I always assumed that is what is was. Kids didn't want it then and their kids don't want it now. Have you not seen the watched the What Hurts The Most tribute video to Tomberly? Those two and Jesse/Becky taught 90s' kids about romance. I felt the Tommy/Kimberly romance was developed and then A.J.'s departure ended it because the long distance relationship could not be worked onscreen. It was sudden with Kat and felt forced. There was a chemistry between Jason and A.J. that seemed believable. The all of a sudden plots Sutherland's character fell into from her having no skills at all becoming a ranger to deciding she wants Tommy for herself just don't make sense even for Power Rangers. No offense to Kat's actress of course.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #3854
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:

I think it was Funaro who started the idea of Spike being Kimberly's son and that was the reason she left.
Yes it was him, and we can just piss on that now that he has more or less proven to have been a troll in the PR fandom.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #3855
ZariusTwo
Overlord

First look at Soul of the Dragon

Old 06-05-2018, 03:48 PM   #3856
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

So Tommy officially ends up with Katherine. Huh... okee doke. Never did like her. Can't wait to read this GN tho. I love the design of "Old Man" Tommy
Old 06-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #3857
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Shout! Factory
‏Verified account @ShoutFactory
54s54 seconds ago

It's official! We're releasing a pre-Power Rangers Sentai season! On 9/25, Chōjin Sentai Jetman: The Complete Series will be available for your viewing pleasure! Pre-orders are live now at http://ht.ly/fSl030kpyYP .

Old 06-09-2018, 02:47 AM   #3858
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quick, someone nab those Take Flight scripts.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:46 AM   #3859
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It appears the Dino Charge and Megaforce cast have got together for something

https://twitter.com/BrennanMejia/sta...03458975678464
Old 06-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #3860
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It appears the Dino Charge and Megaforce cast have got together for something

https://twitter.com/BrennanMejia/sta...03458975678464
not megafarce that was the weakest season ever not to mention the megafarce red ranger had the acting ability of megan fox aka cardboard

Tags
power rangers