The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-26-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

The Big "Turtles are only human" quotes thread.

Well, let's be honest, the Teenage mutant ninja Turtles are more human than they are Turtles and in all series of the Franchise there are moments in which they showcase their humanity, which is why I'm posting this thread here.

I'll start off with an exchange between Leonardo and Splinter from the recent IDW Teenage mutant ninja Turtles comic book series "Desperate Measures" in which the former vents his frustration about having to deal with a team consisting of teenagers.

Leonardo: It's just - There's so many bad things going on and ALL they want to do argue with each other and goof around. I TRY to get them to focus, to take all of this seriously and they just BLOW ME OFF at every turn. Raph wants to HUNKER DOWN, Mikey wants to be a SUPERHERO and Donnie's got his HEAD BURIED in his gadgets 24/7. They're driving me CRAZY!
As he finishes his rant, Leonardo notices that Splinter is grinning.
Leonardo: It... It's NOT FUNNY Father!
Splinter: I am not laughing my son.
Leonardo: But you're GRINNING!
Splinter: Yes, yes, I AM doing that. Forgive me Leonardo, my amusement is not to be insensitive. I am just happy to know that my Teenaged boys are STILL teenaged boys even when they are away from me.

From the 2012 series, Leonardo has fallen head over heels with Foot Clan Kunoichi Karai and has made a fool of himself trying to impress her. In the episode "The Alien agenda" Karai has "formally introduced" herself to the other turtles before abandoning them during the battle, "leaving it up to the good guys" to defeat the Kraang. Needless to say Leonardo has a lot to explain.
Michelangelo: So...
Donatello: (to Leo in an angry voice) We're thinking somebody should start talking!
(Leo looks sad as the scene cuts to the lair)
Leo: I should have told you about Karai sooner, but I really thought there was a chance she would be good, and... I guess I... sort of... liked her. Go ahead, laugh.
Michelangelo: Dude, I can't believe you trusted her.
Donatello: I can't believe you didn't trust us enough to tell us.
Leo: I was wrong, I'm really sorry.
April: I tried to warn him.
Raphael: You too, huh?
Splinter: Leonardo, you are not the first young man or turtle to make a fool of yourself in front of a girl.
Michelangelo: What about Donnie? (Donnie hits him)
Splinter: However, when that girl is a Kunoichi working for the enemy, that is a completely different thing. Deception is the ninja's most powerful weapon. And Karai appears to be a master of it.
Leo: Thank you, Sensei. I'm glad you're not mad.
Splinter: Who says I'm not mad? (Whacks Leonardo's foot with his cane making Leonardo scream)
Old 11-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Of course they are, they're characters in fiction, it's a requirement. If Bugs Bunny was more like an actual rabbit, then his shorts wouldn't be funny. We need characters to be like humans even if they're not human, otherwise we can't relate to them.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Lol, speak for yourself! I personally relate to animals better than I do to most humans. At least animals are honest in their feelings, which most humans really are not. I understand them, and how they show things like love, trust, loyalty, and friendship. We can actually learn a lot from them. Even turtles....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:49 AM   #4
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Lol, speak for yourself! I personally relate to animals better than I do to most humans. At least animals are honest in their feelings, which most humans really are not. I understand them, and how they show things like love, trust, loyalty, and friendship. We can actually learn a lot from them. Even turtles....
I think it's more you relate to anthropomorphic creatures.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:08 PM   #5
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Interesting thread. It'd be like how an outsider would probably see the turtles as monsters until, or if, they are present when they aren't kicking butt and are just being normal teenagers.But even then in real life we would all run away screaming from a big anthro turtle man. I mean...if you are sane.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:36 AM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Interesting thread. It'd be like how an outsider would probably see the turtles as monsters until, or if, they are present when they aren't kicking butt and are just being normal teenagers.But even then in real life we would all run away screaming from a big anthro turtle man. I mean...if you are sane.
I mean... yeah. Your first assumption is... that these hunam sized turtles, with weapons no less, are gonna kill you and eat you.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote