The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #161
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Nah, see, Miller says that the City at War incident happened nearly a year before #36 happened, and at the start of Vol.2, Don still has his broken leg, which would indicate that Vol.2 doesn't start that long after City at War.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #162
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Nah, see, Miller says that the City at War incident happened nearly a year before #36 happened, and at the start of Vol.2, Don still has his broken leg, which would indicate that Vol.2 doesn't start that long after City at War.
Ah, must have missed that detail. Thanks, Tristan!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #163
ToTheNines
[sic]

Challenges: Origin seems to indicate that Tales volume 1 # 7 takes place before Leonardo #1.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #164
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Been making a number of minor adjustments lately, thought I'd update you all who might not've noticed (I'm sure all of you don't check this list as often as *I* do).

At Felix's behest, I bumped "Paris Nocturne" back to the Vol. 4 six month gap as it only takes place a month after one of those issues. Put a "possible post Vol. 4" note on it because it could easily take place after Vol. 4, too.

Moved "Change of Power" to just before "City at War" at Ross May's behest, as according to him, that's where he intended the story to take place.

Finally, moved the "Gizmo and the Fugitoid" miniseries to "The Future". Looking over it, the Utroms mention that the Fugitoid had already been to their planet and was established there before getting lost for some time and recovered by Gizmo and Fuzzy. The end also shows Earth in a "futuristic" setting where humans and aliens cohabit the planet, tying in with what we know about Earth post Vol. 4.

That is all
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #165
ToTheNines
[sic]

I don't think "fifteen years later" is canon, they have multi-colored head bands.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #166
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I don't think "fifteen years later" is canon, they have multi-colored head bands.
One could argue it as a coloring error. There are certainly worse errors in confirmed canon stories, like Donatello's portrayal in "Soul Survivor".

But meh, other's mileage may vary.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #167
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, but it is in Turtle Soup.

And what does Donny act like in that one? I haven't read it, but he also acts out of character in "Sins of the Past".
Old 12-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #168
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah, but it is in Turtle Soup.

And what does Donny act like in that one? I haven't read it, but he also acts out of character in "Sins of the Past".
Yeah, that's the one I meant, "Sins of the Past". Where Don basically acts like Raph through the whole thing.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #169
ToTheNines
[sic]

The odd thing is, Murphy wrote that one... and I normally love his version of Don.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #170
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I think it is, and I agree it was a coloring mistake.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #171
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

For what it's worth, the bandana coloring is the only thing inconsistent with "15 Years Later".

They even get the kid's name right, "Chet", which was revealed to be his name in TMNT Vol. 1 #7.

Last edited by DrSpengler; 12-04-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #172
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's canon, just ignore the color bandana inconsistency. Small details like that can be overlooked.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #173
Honeycutt
Random Punk

"D'ants Fever" wasn't actually retitled for the Shell Shock TPB. The altered "Rick's Dive" sign is very prominently placed at the top of page one, leading most people to believe it's the title. (If I remember correctly, this led to confusion on the part of whomever laid out the table of contents, and the story is listed as "Rick's Dive" there.) However, if you look at the bottom of that first page, "D'ants Fever" is still the given title among the story's credits.

This of course changes nothing continuity-wise as far as your list is concerned, just a fun fact.
Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #174
discordiatookie
facehugger

Wow, don't think i've ever commented on this thread, even though I do use it quite often. Sorry. So here goes:

Cheers Doc, for all the hard work this bad boy has taken, its a proper turbo thread that would be sorely missed if not here. And it saves me the trouble of having to work out what comes after what, etc, whenever I wanna read some stories in proper order.

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #175
norinrad2
Random Punk

Now if we could only get alot of these story's in collected formats (eg; hc or tpb) like the 'turtle soup' anthology, 'city @war' event, image comic's run, etc.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #176
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycutt View Post
"D'ants Fever" wasn't actually retitled for the Shell Shock TPB. The altered "Rick's Dive" sign is very prominently placed at the top of page one, leading most people to believe it's the title. (If I remember correctly, this led to confusion on the part of whomever laid out the table of contents, and the story is listed as "Rick's Dive" there.) However, if you look at the bottom of that first page, "D'ants Fever" is still the given title among the story's credits.

This of course changes nothing continuity-wise as far as your list is concerned, just a fun fact.
Yeah, I think you're right. Looking over the Shell Shock table of contents...it's a very, very poor table of contents. Full of spelling errors and what-not, plus the page numbers are worthless since the pages of the book aren't numbered.

Looking at my timeline, I used the table of contents titles, spelling errors and all.

I'll have to go through the list and fix em.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #177
Honeycutt
Random Punk

Wow, you're right. My favorite has to be "Fhoul's Night Out." Freudian slip!

What I failed to say in my post was how impressed I was with this topic when I first found it a couple of months ago. It inspired me to organize my own continuity list for Vol1/TalesV1, complete with annotations and references. A project like this has been sorely needed for many, many years. Thanks for taking on a challenge so vast!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #178
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Well, I appreciate all the positive feedback.

I plan to incorporate it into my site, TMNT Entity, with some better organization and annotations and color-coding and symbols and a key and all that good stuff.

Gonna wait until the last of the Tales issues are out, though. It'll make updating it easier if I have all the materials laid out before me at once.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #179
Honeycutt
Random Punk

Wow! I look forward to that. I really dig what you're doing with the TMNT Entity site.

Now for an actual continuity suggestion:

I re-read Tales V1 #7 last night ("The Return of Savanti"), and I noticed that the group was still living in the city with April. They're bundled up for winter when they attend the museum, but then they return to the apartment, where Renet appears to the group. This should put the story right before Leonardo #1.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #180
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Well, I appreciate all the positive feedback.

I plan to incorporate it into my site, TMNT Entity, with some better organization and annotations and color-coding and symbols and a key and all that good stuff.

Gonna wait until the last of the Tales issues are out, though. It'll make updating it easier if I have all the materials laid out before me at once.
You know, a true TMNT chronology book might still be possible. Printed, even. There couldn't be a better author than you.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, timeline, tmnt entity