The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #2361
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I see you're givin' away answers today, Bobby, so I've got a quick, asinine question for you!

Does "Service Animals" take place between "Invasion of the Triceratons" and "Kingdom of Rats"? I know "Invasion" isn't over yet, so if you can't say, I get it. Raph and Alopex searching for stolen pet shop animals seems like a pretty chill case to investigate following an alien invasion, is all.
It would need to be before at least #73 if it was before, which takes it back a little farther than I like. But what little we see of the city in it is pretty "un-invasioned", so I think it works better before. Let's go with that for now and if there's some reason it doesn't work we can retract!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #2362
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Cool, glad to hear. They are fun to do when we are able!
Old 02-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #2363
neatoman
Emperor

Was a message deleted?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #2364
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I don't think so. My last response was to AquaParade. Forgot to quote it.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #2365
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
It would need to be before at least #73 if it was before, which takes it back a little farther than I like. But what little we see of the city in it is pretty "un-invasioned", so I think it works better before. Let's go with that for now and if there's some reason it doesn't work we can retract!
Thanks! There is that narrative break in serialization between #72 and #73 where "Service Animals" seems like it could fit in. That's where you slotted TMNT/Usagi too, isn't it?
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #2366
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I believe so, yes.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:22 AM   #2367
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Hello, Bobby!

I have a small question. You probably know that the Ninja Turtles appeared in "Injustice 2". At the end we see Krang, Shredder and Foot. Their design, as well as the words of Donatello very much resemble the IDW-Universe. You took part in the development of game? And is it possible for further cooperation between DC and IDW (not only in comics)?

Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #2368
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Ha, nope, no involvement from us. This is the first that I've seen of those characters in the game. That's cool.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #2369
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, good for you, Bobby. I can't imagine seeing my ideas for TMNT slowly seeping into the "lore-pool" of the franchise.

Now you are finally immortal. A god of the forum. Long Live Bobby.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:27 AM   #2370
neatoman
Emperor

This reminds me, any chance of of you guys getting in contact with Mike Mignola?
Hahahaha!
Old 02-21-2018, 03:39 AM   #2371
neatoman
Emperor

The News about Image reprints and a conclusion just hit, when can we expect it to hit store shelves?
Hahahaha!
Old 02-21-2018, 03:47 AM   #2372
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The News about Image reprints and a conclusion just hit, when can we expect it to hit store shelves?
The first issue of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Urban Legends is set to hit shelves May 16.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:53 AM   #2373
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
This reminds me, any chance of of you guys getting in contact with Mike Mignola?
Mike is too expensive for regular work on the book and from conversations i've had with him he hasn't seemed too interested in TMNT. (I'm not sure for what purpose you have in mind, but... hopefully i'm foreseeing where the question was going)
Old 02-21-2018, 09:57 AM   #2374
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Mike is too expensive for regular work on the book and from conversations i've had with him he hasn't seemed too interested in TMNT. (I'm not sure for what purpose you have in mind, but... hopefully i'm foreseeing where the question was going)
Alright then, if he doesn't want to work on the book then he doesn't want to work on the book, I was just wondering because of that game.
Hahahaha!
Old 02-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #2375
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

So Bobby, a couple of questions in the wake of the very exciting TMNT: Urban Legends news!!!

#1. Were you at all involved in this process, and if so, can you share any details on what you did or what the process was?

#2. What is the marketing thinking for reprinting an entire series' run in single issues, as opposed to what might be safer decisions like a couple of trade paperbacks or hardback collections?

#3. Obviously you can't say anything officially, but do you personally have any interest (if we lived in a perfect world with unicorns and edible rainbows) in seeing IDW do the same for other unfinished volumes like Volume 4 or The Forever War years down the road from now?
Old 02-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #2376
AquaParade
Banned

Great questions, "Cylon..."

I'm also interested in anything related to this announcement that you can share. It's just really interesting news.

I'd like to know if you were surprised at this being given the "okay". Is it fair to think Nickelodeon may be loosening their grip on the restrictions of TMNT, or was this something they were open to doing from the start?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #2377
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So Bobby, a couple of questions in the wake of the very exciting TMNT: Urban Legends news!!!

#1. Were you at all involved in this process, and if so, can you share any details on what you did or what the process was?

#2. What is the marketing thinking for reprinting an entire series' run in single issues, as opposed to what might be safer decisions like a couple of trade paperbacks or hardback collections?

#3. Obviously you can't say anything officially, but do you personally have any interest (if we lived in a perfect world with unicorns and edible rainbows) in seeing IDW do the same for other unfinished volumes like Volume 4 or The Forever War years down the road from now?
1. I've pretty much just been a bystander and answering folk's questions here and there as I've previously read the series.

2. Just trying to maximize profits, I suspect. I personally think collecting it in trades is the smarter/safer way to go.

3. My opinion is that it's totally in Peter's court regarding Vol. 4. If he wants to finish it, he should. If not, then he should not! Forever War is a different story-- they wanted to finish it. As such, I think it would be a good thing to do! I talked to those guys about it back during the 30th Anniversary book. Still potential to do it, maybe, possibly. We'll have to see how the Archie reprints do, and how Urban Legends does.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:21 PM   #2378
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Bobby, do you know if the extra page from the 1997 TMNT trade will be included at either the end of TMNT: Urban Legends #2 or the beginning of #3?
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #2379
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

No clue-- i'm not involved with the series. Sorry!
Old 02-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #2380
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
No clue-- i'm not involved with the series. Sorry!
Oh. Then who is its editor? Justin?
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz