The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 06:29 AM   #2281
Vegita-San
Emperor

I don't have movie accurate models..but..

Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #2282
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Haha, nice keeping it contemporary!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #2283
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Okay, now I have to ask - Bobby, has the idea of a FW TMNT comic ever come up? Maybe with a slightly harder edge, such as the recent Power Rangers, Flinstone's, or Batman 66 books?

I mean, that art looks great.
Not in any serious way, no.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:43 AM   #2284
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Hey Bobby I know it's not your department and all but what's happening with the IDW HC Volume 8 putting in issue 65 and skipping the earlier Universe issues and Bebop And Rocksteady's mini? Is Volume 9 be missing any of the ongoing issues in order for those to be implemented since they should be next on the timeline, or are you guys cutting them from the HC althogether? Really hope that's not the case since the HC have been close to perfect so far...
I don't have the volume lists in front of me, but nothing essential has been missed. Universe and B & R will be included in the IDW Collections. Those are sorted in ways that makes sense for reading order/chronology and also being able to put the right amount of issues in a collection. So it could just be a space issue for Volume 8.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:21 PM   #2285
Shargor
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I don't have the volume lists in front of me, but nothing essential has been missed. Universe and B & R will be included in the IDW Collections. Those are sorted in ways that makes sense for reading order/chronology and also being able to put the right amount of issues in a collection. So it could just be a space issue for Volume 8.
Thanks for the answer. If it's a space issue, didn't you consider adding Deviations one-shot instead? Thematically it fits pretty great in this volume. And it won't cause any continuity problems, as issue #65 definitely will.
Shargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:48 PM   #2286
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It's good to hear nothing will be left out, well, deep down I knew it wouldn't but reassuring is conforting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
Thanks for the answer. If it's a space issue, didn't you consider adding Deviations one-shot instead? Thematically it fits pretty great in this volume. And it won't cause any continuity problems, as issue #65 definitely will.
I think they should've just left it out and leave the HC with one issue less, it's not like we hadn't had a shorter HC before anyway, V4 only had 13 issues on it while Volume 7 without issue #65 would have 14, saving it for Volume 8 right after B&R mini series and the earlier Universe issues and wouldn't screw continuity.

So if it really is a issue of number of volumes I think everyone would be ok with having it end on 64 with one issue less then having some continuity hickups with the way it is now.

It will also be weird because this way Volume 8 will only consist of the B&R mini and Universe issues with a couple of ongoing issues thrown in since a lot of those happen between Issue 65 and 66.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:06 PM   #2287
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
Deviations is a what if story, so not the type of thing that goes in the IDW Collections. I'm curious, what continuity problems does #65 present?
Old 11-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #2288
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Deviations is a what if story, so not the type of thing that goes in the IDW Collections. I'm curious, what continuity problems does #65 present?
I think mainly the issue would be Pepperoni being present at the Christmas party when she didn't come to live with the Turtles until the events of Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything, but that's just off the top of my head
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #2289
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I kind of thought it was after BB&RDE, so I looked over Pepperoni's presence.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #2290
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I kind of thought it was after BB&RDE, so I looked over Pepperoni's presence.
Yes exactly, the Christmas party takes place after B&RDE, but #65 may be included in the HC volumes before B&RDE
Old 11-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #2291
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ah, yeah. That would be a problem...
Old 11-12-2017, 06:15 PM   #2292
Tardigrade
Random Punk

Quote:
Like mention before the presence of Pepperoni which should happen after BRDE. But also, April mentions the alliance between her and Baxter Stockman which happen in TMNTU #4.

TMNTU #5 would also read better juste after #65 since they happen at the same time.
Tardigrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #2293
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardigrade View Post
Like mention before the presence of Pepperoni which should happen after BRDE. But also, April mentions the alliance between her and Baxter Stockman which happen in TMNTU #4.

TMNTU #5 would also read better juste after #65 since they happen at the same time.
^ This.

So, what do you say Bobby? Can you work your magic and do something about this for us? Or is it too late for that? If it can be done I think everyone would be happier with having one less issue on Volume 7 if it means things would be kept as they should.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:10 PM   #2294
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

A majority of the B&R Destroy Everything series was spent jumping around through time and, well, destroying everything. Maybe one thing that was destroyed was the timeline of the series as a whole!
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #2295
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

This stuff classifies as inconsequential in my eyes, but I discussed with reprint department I think we can shuffle things around.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #2296
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
This stuff classifies as inconsequential in my eyes, but I discussed with reprint department I think we can shuffle things around.
Yay! That makes us very happy... those in-order hardback collections are top notch stuff, Bobby...
Old 11-13-2017, 03:12 PM   #2297
Shargor
Thug

Quote:
What a relief. Thanks, Bobby!
Shargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #2298
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Continuity, inconsequential?? Never!

But seriously, thanks for trying to appease all us continuity nerds, Bobby
Old 11-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #2299
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You my good man, are a Godsend, this is why IDW comics are the only comics I buy, you guys care more about your readers then turning in a profit.

*Goes of to buy every Ghostbusters HC as well*

Oh BTW, any plans for a Back to the Future HC as well? X-Files? Seriously, release them and I'll get them all.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:00 AM   #2300
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
You my good man, are a Godsend, this is why IDW comics are the only comics I buy, you guys care more about your readers then turning in a profit.

*Goes of to buy every Ghostbusters HC as well*

Oh BTW, any plans for a Back to the Future HC as well? X-Files? Seriously, release them and I'll get them all.
Haha, well, we definitely care about profit too.

No clue on HCs for those books! I'm really pretty clueless when it comes to stuff outside my direct titles.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz