The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-25-2021, 05:17 PM   #1
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Collecting 1/4 scale

I am wondering is it people on this forum that just collect 1/4 scale figure and are Happy with that??

I love that we Get all this figures like vernon and punk frogs etc but on the same time its getting Very mutch to collect from diffrent companeys all around.

i cant be onlin 24/7 to be updated on every relase and exclusives that are coming from all companeys all the time and has been thinking if i woued be happyerer to Get rid of most of my 1/12 collection and just collect 1/4 scale and just Get the main horror/tmnt cast instead of always hunting to keep the collection compleate.

Is it someone here that dont Get the urge to Get everything and are Happy with there 1/4 collection??
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:21 PM   #2
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

I still love my 1990 movie Quarter Scales because I always loved the design work of the brilliant mind of Jim Henson. I don't care much for the Fred Wolf Turtles that is being released but, to each is own.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:44 AM   #3
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
I am wondering is it people on this forum that just collect 1/4 scale figure and are Happy with that??

I love that we Get all this figures like vernon and punk frogs etc but on the same time its getting Very mutch to collect from diffrent companeys all around.

i cant be onlin 24/7 to be updated on every relase and exclusives that are coming from all companeys all the time and has been thinking if i woued be happyerer to Get rid of most of my 1/12 collection and just collect 1/4 scale and just Get the main horror/tmnt cast instead of always hunting to keep the collection compleate.

Is it someone here that dont Get the urge to Get everything and are Happy with there 1/4 collection??

I have the 1/4 scale TMNT movie turtles and love them (I got them before getting their 7 inch counterparts). They really stand out in my room. Unfortunately, I never bothered with Shredder and the Foot, opting instead for the 7 inch figures. However, I would be interested in a "fuzz" Splinter in 1/4 scale - it would look like an animatronic Jim Henson puppet. Same thing with Rahzar, I would love to see him in deluxe scale compete with fur/fuzz. Tokka would just look brilliant in 1/4 scale because the current figure is already loaded with details. Rahzar and Tokka would probably cost $150 to $200 due to their stockiness. Casey is an obvious pick for 1/4 scale but I'm not particularly interested.

On a side note, I hope NECA miniaturizes their 1/4 scale Batman Returns figures.

P.S: I spaced out my purchases for the Q scale TMNT releases. Picked up two turtles a year. I always have the urge. I don't think the size makes much of a difference. If I get the deluxe scale, I eventually want the regular ones. If I get the regular scale, I want the deluxe. However, I can't get everything and therefore skimped on deluxe Shredder and Foot.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #4
cloud
Stone Warrior

I love the 1/4 scale line and care very little of the 7" series. It's just a different shelf presence. I just wish NECA wouldn't just abandon the 1/4 fan base because that's what it feels like right now.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:48 PM   #5
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I have the 1/4 scale TMNT movie turtles and love them (I got them before getting their 7 inch counterparts). They really stand out in my room. Unfortunately, I never bothered with Shredder and the Foot, opting instead for the 7 inch figures. However, I would be interested in a "fuzz" Splinter in 1/4 scale - it would look like an animatronic Jim Henson puppet. Same thing with Rahzar, I would love to see him in deluxe scale compete with fur/fuzz. Tokka would just look brilliant in 1/4 scale because the current figure is already loaded with details. Rahzar and Tokka would probably cost $150 to $200 due to their stockiness. Casey is an obvious pick for 1/4 scale but I'm not particularly interested.

On a side note, I hope NECA miniaturizes their 1/4 scale Batman Returns figures.

P.S: I spaced out my purchases for the Q scale TMNT releases. Picked up two turtles a year. I always have the urge. I don't think the size makes much of a difference. If I get the deluxe scale, I eventually want the regular ones. If I get the regular scale, I want the deluxe. However, I can't get everything and therefore skimped on deluxe Shredder and Foot.
Not going to happen. Especially with McFarlane toys doing 7" figures right now. But I do hope McFarlane toys would finally give us a Batman Returns series with Batman, Penguin, Catwoman, Max Shriek.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:10 AM   #6
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I love the 1/4 scale line and care very little of the 7" series. It's just a different shelf presence. I just wish NECA wouldn't just abandon the 1/4 fan base because that's what it feels like right now.
I think they mentioned some more 1/4 scale figures were coming this year, on Twitter. Unless they were referring to the 1/4 toon line....
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:03 PM   #7
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Just got my Giant Raph,
Didn't think I would but I squealed seeing this in person.

Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 03:22 PM   #8
AquaParade
Banned

Are the 1/4 movie turtles getting a re-released?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:44 PM   #9
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
They were already, but there are more 1/4 movie characters on the way.

Last edited by mikey0; 03-13-2021 at 10:46 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 09:31 PM   #10
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
They have been.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:32 PM   #11
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
I think they mentioned some more 1/4 scale figures were coming this year, on Twitter. Unless they were referring to the 1/4 toon line....
I remember NECA mentioning a 1/4 Casey Jones whichbI hope will be the unmasked version
Old 03-15-2021, 05:43 PM   #12
AquaParade
Banned

I guess I mean re-re-released? I mean, the figures are above market price, so..
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:36 PM   #13
pentoolart
Thug

1/4 Cartoon Raph Arrives this weekend!

I just got my confirmation and shipping email from BBTS that my Raph is due to arrive this weekend....

This is going to be a wonderful weekend. No student assignments to grade. Caught up on all my online training class for this week... and one of the most awesome Turtle Figures arriving on Saturday. COWABUNGA!
pentoolart is offline   Reply With Quote