The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-16-2005, 03:51 PM   #21
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Uhm, I know this must sound abnormally stupid now, but what on earth is the morphign grid?

And are they still using footage from the Sentai series, since Dekaranger seems to be identical to SPD.

And the Zeo Zords sort of still existed? Man, you sure create a lot more questions than you answer (I'll stop asking if I get annoying...)
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:01 PM   #22
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky
Uhm, I know this must sound abnormally stupid now, but what on earth is the morphign grid?
The Morphin' Grid...a universal source where each Ranger team draw most, if not all, of thier powers, they use thier morphers to connect to the grid, the grid however, can be fragile at times, such as when Tommy caused it to overload in "Ninja Quest" during season three, resulting in the loss of the Thunderzords

Quote:
And are they still using footage from the Sentai series, since Dekaranger seems to be identical to SPD.
They are still using Sentai footage when it suits them, Sentai itself is now being filmed partially in New Zealand as part of a partnership between Toei and Village Roadshow

Quote:
And the Zeo Zords sort of still existed?
Not anymore, as I said "Forever Red" is connected to "Scorpion Rain" (the fan hoax) so the Zords have been destroyed
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:20 AM   #23
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

So if I got that "Power Grid" thing right, then it is only able to support few Rangers at a time. Right?

Then it must've been expanded from season 3 to SPD, since SPD has 12 active Rangers at a time (A-squad, B-squad and 2 secret Rangers).
Old 03-18-2005, 12:18 PM   #24
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
So if I got that "Power Grid" thing right, then it is only able to support few Rangers at a time. Right?
Not neccersairily, as S.P.D has displayed, having a large number of Rangers (and there ARE a lot more to come in S.P.D) is something the Gird is capable of handling.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:34 PM   #25
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

What I don't understand is how humanity was able to duplicate the technology that chances people into Rangers? First Zordon and Alpha Five have it and then the government (Rescue Squad I think...). Is the technology that easily accessible? And if it is, why don't rogue governments use them? I know the concept is a bit adult for a show aimed at kids but it makes you wonder.

What do you think would happen if say...the North Koreans got that morphing technology.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:16 PM   #26
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

The north koreans are not part of this discussion due to political content.

But I also wonder how SPD got to manufacture the Zords. Apparently some brilliant engineer needed to know how to power all these things from the Power Grid.

But you could always argue, that the Power only helps good people. Now who's good and who's not is up to the politicians. And talking about government (not the north koreans), did you notice that the Power Rangers never worked for the governement. They always fought for the people who relied on them, so they can't possibly work for a government, even though they might be working for the police. Also, the Rangers never attack anyone. All their acts are defensive.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:19 PM   #27
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger55
What I don't understand is how humanity was able to duplicate the technology that chances people into Rangers? First Zordon and Alpha Five have it and then the government (Rescue Squad I think...). Is the technology that easily accessible?.
After the Zordon Wave saved the Earth, the goverment probably were permitted to borrow some technology from the Astro Megaship to aid thier research into developing morphing technology, as well as collaberating with Andro's people, the colony of KO-35.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #28
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The north koreans are not part of this discussion due to political content.
Oops my bad. It slipped my mind for a sec.

So...the power only chooses people who are good?

Quote:
After the Zordon Wave saved the Earth, the goverment probably were permitted to borrow some technology from the Astro Megaship to aid thier research into developing morphing technology, as well as collaberating with Andro's people, the colony of KO-35.
Good point. But tell me this. How are all the different Rangers and forementioned Zords compatible to the morphing grid. Zeo for that fact. Isn't that power derived from magic?

Oh and not to get off topic but what ever happened to Scorpina? She just disappeared after a while.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:56 PM   #29
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Quote:
So...the power only chooses people who are good?
Apparently yes, ever Ranger that was on the bad side turned to the good side after a while.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:12 PM   #30
Duke
Mad Scientist

I haven't watched power rangers in years but I seriously loved that show. I stopped watching it on a regular basis sometime after kimberly was replaced with Kat, then I picked it back up during zeo, then quit again after turbo ended. I have watched off and on some and made a point to catch "forever red" which i thought was a great episode. But I never really understood the episode. I thought Jason/Rocky's original red powers were destroyed right before Zeo started so how in the word did Jason morph into the original red ranger. I remember watching some episode of In Space where adam came back and used his black ranger powers yet they were failing so wouldn't Jason have had the same problem?
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:27 PM   #31
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Good point. But tell me this. How are all the different Rangers and forementioned Zords compatible to the morphing grid. Zeo for that fact. Isn't that power derived from magic?
No actually, it's a power source, it was being held in the caverns of Despair by magic, the crystal can still tap into the gird, and is just as compatible.

Quote:
Oh and not to get off topic but what ever happened to Scorpina? She just disappeared after a while.
It's presumed she was turned human during the Zordon wave, as she was half-human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
I haven't watched power rangers in years but I seriously loved that show. I stopped watching it on a regular basis sometime after kimberly was replaced with Kat, then I picked it back up during zeo, then quit again after turbo ended. I have watched off and on some and made a point to catch "forever red" which i thought was a great episode. But I never really understood the episode. I thought Jason/Rocky's original red powers were destroyed right before Zeo started so how in the word did Jason morph into the original red ranger.
That very question is the plauge of the P.R Fandom, as were a lot of questions from "Forever Red", fortunatly, the answer lies in "The Power Transfer", when Jason's powers were given to Rocky, he had a morpher of his own, so the morpher Jason uses here is actually his original.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #32
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Apparently yes, ever Ranger that was on the bad side turned to the good side after a while.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Psycho Rangers considered Power Rangers?
Old 03-18-2005, 07:21 PM   #33
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Psycho Rangers considered Power Rangers?
I also thought they were.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:34 PM   #34
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Well, the writer's guide says that the Psycho Rangers were nothing but (very cool looking) monsters used by Astronema, who could make themselves look like the Power Rangers.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #35
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

One word....

TOMMY

ah, the heroes of my childhood.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:51 PM   #36
Duke
Mad Scientist

Yeah Tommy owned. I was a huge fan of the green ranger and was pissed when his powers failed. Then he got them back temporary with Zordon's help/energy. And then I was pissed when he lost them again. I thought the white ranger was cool too but I definitely prefered the green ranger version and the Dragonzord.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #37
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Uh well...I hope this isn't considered necroposting. I just wanted to comment on something about the show and didn't want to post another.

Does anybody think S.P.D is different? Whereas in the other seasons the monster would be made giant by either science or sorcery the monsters use giant fighting robots. And now the finishing move isn't the giant sword slash (or other incarnation) it's them judging the monster. What?? Why don't they kill them anymore? Is it because they are cops?
Old 04-15-2005, 06:23 PM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Uh well...I hope this isn't considered necroposting. I just wanted to comment on something about the show and didn't want to post another.

Does anybody think S.P.D is different? Whereas in the other seasons the monster would be made giant by either science or sorcery the monsters use giant fighting robots. And now the finishing move isn't the giant sword slash (or other incarnation) it's them judging the monster. What?? Why don't they kill them anymore? Is it because they are cops?

Yup, Time Force did the exact same thing in Season Nine, capturing mutants and freezing them
Old 06-18-2005, 04:21 PM   #39
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Whoa, today's/yesterday's episode of SPD was really kicking ass. Cruger and Gruum going full frontal und Kat is showing some claws ().

Do you really think that this funny-looking energy ball is Omega? really don't hope so, because it would spoil a bit of Bruce's good writing. It wouldn't ruin the whole series, but it'd be remembered as that one bloody stupid mistake.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:36 PM   #40
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Do you really think that this funny-looking energy ball is Omega? really don't hope so, because it would spoil a bit of Bruce's good writing. It wouldn't ruin the whole series, but it'd be remembered as that one bloody stupid mistake.
I think Omega will merge with someone, providing it with a body and giving it's occupant unlimited access to his memories and experiances

S.P.D, as it's progressed, is good, but it's not a favourate, most of the plots are ripped straight from Dekaranger

Tags
power rangers