Notices

Old 02-28-2024, 12:02 PM   #1
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Mutant Mayhem Sequel to hit theaters in 2026

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/n...26-1235925545/

https://collider.com/teenage-mutant-...-release-date/

Quote:
The follow-up to “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem” from director Jeff Rowe and produced by Point Grey Pictures will hit theaters on Oct. 9, 2026.
Jeff Rowe, confirmed to return as director in the article.

Let the conversation begin!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 01:05 PM   #2
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Yay! More barfing, Gen Z humor, and pop culture references every five minutes!
Old 02-28-2024, 01:11 PM   #3
Roseangelo
Emperor

Hell no.

October release date already shows how low the expectations are.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 01:55 PM   #4
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

I honestly think this series has *potential* as a weird alt-universe “high school TMNT”. It has style and solid character dynamics.

My two issues are:

1. The script is weak. Even if you think it’s the right direction for the franchise, it’s lazy with plot convenience and undercuts drama with weak comedy. As an aside, it didn’t tell a story that highlights the core aspects of the TMNT. It retained some elements but not enough and not well enough.

2. There should be a film aimed at older fans. I don’t mean R-rated, I mean the demographic that other comic properties are perfectly comfortable making films for, while simultaneously selling their plushies and toys for the children.

Again, there are some fun moments in the movie. And as crazy as it is, I’ve come around to think that a version of TMNT where they go to school and have semi-public personas could be a fun twist on the franchise. But I only feel strongly about that if the script improves, the style remains, and they can offer something that isn’t strictly for children.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 03:03 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Gahh!! Worst news of the day, by far. Damn those merch sales.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 03:12 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I mean, we already knew it was the intention, I just kind of assumed it was a given that it would happen. Now if it gets anything in addition to the original plans... who knows.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 03:29 PM   #7
Galactus
Foot Elite

The sequel was inevitable. I just wish it came out this year so we could get this series over with to a potentially better live action reboot.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 03:29 PM   #8
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I mean, we already knew it was the intention, I just kind of assumed it was a given that it would happen. Now if it gets anything in addition to the original plans... who knows.
Many on this forum doubted it would happen. Granted until we have something more solid like a trailer (still more than a year away) then anything can still happen.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:52 PM   #9
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Unlike most on here, I liked the last one and am excited for this one.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 04:01 PM   #10
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Unlike most on here, I liked the last one and am excited for this one.
Count me in too.
Old 02-28-2024, 04:30 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Considering the two cartoon seasons are happening as a bridge between the two movies, it was obvious it would be a thing. 2026 is a long ways away though, so we'll be stuck with the Mutant Mayem Turtles for awhile, probably through 2030.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 04:34 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
2026 is a long ways away though, so we'll be stuck with the Mutant Mayem Turtles for awhile, probably through 2030.
There's a sobering thought. And true, guess what we wouldn't be getting during any of that time? Any kind of live-action TMNT redux, whatsoever. And hell, even if Mutant Mayhem II bombs in 2026 and nobody buys the merch this time, it'd be at least until like 2031 or 2032 before Nick would try again with another movie relaunch/reboot.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:14 PM   #13
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There's a sobering thought. And true, guess what we wouldn't be getting during any of that time? Any kind of live-action TMNT redux, whatsoever. And hell, even if Mutant Mayhem II bombs in 2026 and nobody buys the merch this time, it'd be at least until like 2031 or 2032 before Nick would try again with another movie relaunch/reboot.
But you just KNOW the lesson they'll learn from that is "It just didn't appeal to kids enough! We need MORE kiddiness! More diversity! More TikToks! Surely it will be wildly successful this time!"
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 10:57 AM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

"Hey, Last Ronin was pretty well received by older fans, maybe there is additional profit to tap into from that angle."

Viacom/Paramount:

I'd believe they'd totally Muppet Babies them at some point were it not for dropping the ball so easily on 2012's Half Shell Heroes spin-off. Made a good little movie to go with that toy line and they couldn't bother expanding it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-29-2024 at 11:07 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 11:32 AM   #15
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

October release doesn't mean it will be at all Halloween themed, but I think that might be an interesting angle to take. High School + Halloween + TMNT, that would be a pretty fun combo for a movie if you ask me.

Some of my favorite movies have a holiday flavor... like Batman Returns for example.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:18 PM   #16
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But why not? Sony has their live action Spider-Man films and animated Spider-Verse films going at the same time. There's no reason TMNT couldn't do the same.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 04:24 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
But why not? Sony has their live action Spider-Man films and animated Spider-Verse films going at the same time. There's no reason TMNT couldn't do the same.
Because Spider-Man movies make a billion dollars a piece. Mutant Mayhem barely cracked 100 million domestically after weeks and weeks. Nickelodeon isn't going to throw significant money around on products that might confuse or dilute what little market there appears to exist for TMNT movies. They just won't.

Of course, that doesn't mean they'd say "no" if some third party company or studio waved a bag of money and wanted to do something with TMNT in live-action on some other platform, but that isn't very likely to happen.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:30 PM   #18
Wildcat
Foot Elite

That’s my birthday but the release date will probably move.

Remember there’s also the Colin and Casey Jost Live Action movie that’s said to still be in the works.

I liked MM fine but I think it could have been better. I need to see it again.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:38 PM   #19
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Remember there’s also the Colin and Casey Jost Live Action movie that’s said to still be in the works.
yes and Michael Bay is producer on that one so if that is still the case I don't want this one.

Quote:
While a sequel to Out of the Shadows will not happen, producer Michael Bay remains attached to the Ninja Turtles franchise at Paramount and will be involved in a new reboot. First announced in 2018, this new TMNT movie in live-action did not receive any updates until August 2021, when Paramount announced that Saturday Night Live’s Colin Jost and his brother Casey Jost would pen the script. Since the more realistic yet over-the-top aspects of Michael Bay's TMNT franchise did not work in the long term, it is hard to anticipate what new take Platinum Dunes and Paramount will give to this new iteration of the Turtles. As of now, there is no date attached to the project.
https://screenrant.com/teenage-mutan...20new%20reboot.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:21 PM   #20
sdp
-

Why all the negativity? I thought people liked Mutant Mayhem. I'm rewatching it as I was falling asleep the first time I watched it but I remember liking it for the most part. I didn't think it was the greatest TMNT movie like the internet said it was but it was fine.
2026? That seems far, all the hype from the movie is going to be gone by then it should be 2025. I hope the movie doesn't have Shredder. I'd rather see new stuff, you can use Shredder in the tv series.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote