The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #8221
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I stopped playing Layton vs PW and I want to pick it up but I've just been too busy with work and school, I only got to the first witch trial but it definitely has all the charm of a Phoenix Wright game and so far the Layton puzzles seem to be the weaker part of the game but its still a match made in heaven. Love the game and hope to pick it back up soon.
Yeah, I will go ahead and say that the puzzles are easier than standard Layton fare, while the trials [especially the last one] are a tiny bit harder than standard Ace Attorney fare. It's a weird balance but somehow works out and I'm pretty satisfied overall with it. The story feels more Layton-like than Ace Attorney-like.

The best part though is how these characters all interact with each other. I CANNOT get over how much I love Luke and Maya, and hell, Luke even has some amusing moments with Phoenix as well as Maya with Layton. [And Phoenix just generally owning up to Layton being so much smarter than him is honestly kind of ****ing adorable.]

Oh oh and HOW SHORT LAYTON IS WHEN HE STANDS NEXT TO PHOENIX OH MY GOD IT'S SO CUTE
Old 09-29-2014, 10:37 PM   #8222
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

My hubby & I have been hammering out Destiny levels (I think I'm 22?)... fun, but I can see how I'll get board soon if I don't pick up something else to play for a while and then just play Destiny every once in a while. Anyone else on here playing it on the PS4 that wants a Strike or PvP buddy?

We picked up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood again (the only one missing in my collection, and as such, has become now impossible to find when I look for it.... now that I have it again, it will be everywhere.... my life, I tell ya!). My hubby picked up Bound By Flame for PS4 and is probably going to start on that soon. He was just waiting for it to drop in price a bit since we've heard mixed reviews... I guess we'll see if we like it much!

Oh, also I was finally able to find a Wii Classic Pro Controller again for $15 at Half Price Books of all places... I've been keeping my eyes out for these and have had very little luck in finding any! I'm holding out hope of finding a 2nd one, but with my luck, it will be a while, lol.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #8223
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
We had one, it just died because nobody ever updated/used it ever.
Oh, well regardless, anyone wants to add me my IDs are in my sig

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #8224
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Mordor is great. There are two ways of looking at it: Assassin's Creed with better combat and stealth, or Batman with better...everything else that isn't combat.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:01 AM   #8225
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Got this baby in the mail yesterday. Already unlocked all of the characters and created a Mii Gunner out of some dude's Nick Stockman Mii. Loving it! XD
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:18 AM   #8226
Gorilla Grodd
Thug

Persona 3 FES: I was on a huge Persona roll for a while blazing through P1 and P2 Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment. I maintained the same pace with P3 but hit a ton of distractions a few months ago and haven't found my way back ever since. I think I have my two or three months to go in-game so I could probably knock it out in a weekend.

The Banner Saga: I've played maybe two or three battles at this point. I like the premise and love the animation and old school animation vibe to it. But just haven't had much time to really sit down and dig into it.

Terraria: Just messing around with it from time to time while wishing that Starbound would be completed instead. Also questioning the usage of my time and life choices when playing such a massive time sink of a game.

Don't Starve: Been dabbling here and there with it for weeks. Another time sink game that I like to play while on the phone or listening to podcasts or something.

I've also been replaying a lot of TMNT sidescrollers as of late since like Don't Starve and Terraria they're good for playing while listening to other people talking.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #8227
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
REmake has aged well and its getting an HD remake next year. Hopefully this finally gives Capcom the incentive to give us the Resident Evil 2 remake people have been begging for since 2002.

Hard to believe Capcom never remade RE2 after all these years.
I know it's not the remake you want, but play Darkside Chronicles on the Wii, it's actually amazing.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #8228
Roland
is Laughing

I am currently playing Virtua fighter 5. I nearly won against Dural with Akira but ran out of room and lost due to a ring out.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #8229
Freeman
Hench Mutant

+70h gameplay in Fantasy Life since it came out last week.
Trying to earn Legendary Miner rank but have 1 single mission missing and don't know what I have to do.
God, I love this game ^o^
Old 10-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #8230
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
+70h gameplay in Fantasy Life since it came out last week.
Trying to earn Legendary Miner rank but have 1 single mission missing and don't know what I have to do.
God, I love this game ^o^
I'm really gonna have to give this a try when it comes out here. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:11 AM   #8231
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I'm really gonna have to give this a try when it comes out here. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
We could online multiplay, it helps harvesting a lot.
I'm playing the Spanish version and even the translation is fantastic, you can tell they put a lot of effort in this game.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:14 PM   #8232
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post

Got this baby in the mail yesterday. Already unlocked all of the characters and created a Mii Gunner out of some dude's Nick Stockman Mii. Loving it! XD
congrats man

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #8233
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

I'd been watching for Bayonetta for Xbox 360 in ANY store for a few months now (I guess I was hiding under a rock when it came out and I've been trying to find a copy to play it) and have come up with nothing. Bought a like new, complete copy on eBay finally for $12.50 so that's pretty fair.

Also decided I needed to give Viewtiful Joe a try and picked that up on GameCube... Looks like my type of game, should be a fun playthrough. Anyone else here a fan? Anyone have thoughts on that one? I'm hoping I like it since it's got a few sequels. He's a fun character in Marvel VS Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds, and the stuff I've read about the concept seems like fun.

In other news I'm stoked about Borderlands the Pre-Sequel coming out next week, I've got a copy pre-ordered. I just wish Amazon could manage to send you a pre-ordered game within a day of it coming out, not 2 days later... Come on Amazon!
Old 10-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #8234
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
In other news I'm stoked about Borderlands the Pre-Sequel coming out next week, I've got a copy pre-ordered. I just wish Amazon could manage to send you a pre-ordered game within a day of it coming out, not 2 days later... Come on Amazon!
When I order games from Amazon I always get them the day of release with Prime.

Secondly: Ew, Borderlands.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #8235
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
When I order games from Amazon I always get them the day of release with Prime.

Secondly: Ew, Borderlands.
I've got Prime too, but they can't seem to get their act together. I can get a DVD shipped to me overnight, but the Pre-Ordered video game has to arrive 2 days after the release.... I don't get it. Other pre-ordered items I get the day they come out- somebody in their video game dept hates me.

And I'm just a Borderlands type of gal! You can hate it, no skin off my nose.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #8236
CyberCubed
Overlord

The new Borderlands looks like DLC passed off as a full game. Its a cheap last minute cash-in on the PS3/360 generation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #8237
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
I've got Prime too, but they can't seem to get their act together. I can get a DVD shipped to me overnight, but the Pre-Ordered video game has to arrive 2 days after the release.... I don't get it. Other pre-ordered items I get the day they come out- somebody in their video game dept hates me.

And I'm just a Borderlands type of gal! You can hate it, no skin off my nose.
Borderlands is a series that I liked a lot at first but grew to really dislike. The humor and gameplay wore out it's welcome in a big way for me.

Enjoyed the first game. About halfway through the second? I would've chosen jumping off of a cliff over playing anymore of it.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #8238
Mauru
Random Punk

Recent purchase super smash brothers for the 3Ds, even so I am currently playing Alundra.
Mauru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #8239
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Alternating between PL vs PW [which will be my favourite game ever for years to come, I assure you] and SSB. Thinking about jumping into Jak and Daxter, too. Never actually played it but I've been told I'd love it.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:04 AM   #8240
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I loved the first two Borderlands games, and have gotten 1.5 (as I call it) pre-ordered as well. Only thing really wrong with the second game was the loot system, the legendaries were TOO legendary, which spawned the whole weapon duping craze.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games