The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #21
miru
Mad Scientist

Most of the Next Mutation characters (execpting maybe Venus): these include Bonesteel, Vam Mi, etc.

Many, MANY Mirage characters, especially later on.

Last edited by miru; 06-01-2013 at 07:57 AM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #22
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

I never did like Carter much, so I dont mind not seeing him again

DonatelloNinja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #23
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
You know the more I think about it, I kinda prefer it that way. Why does every character in the history of the franchise have to be brought back? If anything, limiting most of them to one or two iterations makes them all the more unique and special. Look at how many different versions of April, Splinter and each Turtle we've had over the past two and a half decades. A couple more generations and people won't be able to keep track anymore.
I have to follow Jephael here because if every iteration had the same exact characters (especially the minor ones), every iteration would come across as too similar and it would lose the anticipation of expecting something new in a new iteration.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if we'll ever see Renet again to be honest. IDW might use her but Nick probably won't.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There are a lot of TMNT characters that show up in every incarnation just about, (like Baxter/Rat King/Leatherhead), while others only had a hiatus due to PL not allowing those characters in the 4kids series.

However now that Nick and IDW are free to bring back whoever they want, which characters do you think WON'T be revived in either series? I can think of a few:

1) Pimiko. She only ever appeared in the Image comics and was Shredder's biological daughter. However, since both Nick and IDW have followed the 4kids route of making Karai into Shredder's daughter, it makes it seem like the character of Pimiko will be forgotten about and never revived.

2) Complete Carnage and Radical. Peter confirmed they didn't appear in the 4kids series simply because he never liked them much. If even PL didn't want to use them, I cannot see such obscure characters returning in either IDW or Nick.

3) Many OT characters created in the later seasons, such as Lord Dregg, Beserko, Titanus, Shreeka, Carter, etc. Some of these were good characters, but they came so late into the OT's run that most casual fans never knew them. The lack of toys certainly didn't help.

4) Lotus Blossom. Similar to Pimiko, her character is really redundant with Karai around. If anything she basically was the OT version of her before Karai even existed.

5) Many Playmates mutant characters that never appeared in the OT. I doubt we'll ever see the debut of such characters like Monty Moose or King Lionheart, and we're better off without them.

6) Archie oriented characters that were not major villains or Playmates characters. Examples would probably be Chein Khan (another dog mutant), or Toxeem or possibly even Null.

And this of course goes for all the minor characters in the OT and 4kids series, like the mad scientists, the one-shot aliens, characters like Touch and Go or the Ultimate Ninja...possibly even all the Fast Forward characters.

Can you think of any others that you don't think Nick or IDW will revive?
I agree with your list actually. Especially anyone that either never got an action figure, was never in the 80's show or both. Noone exclusive from Image and Archie comics.

I do wonder about Renet, but I kinda doubt that with the exception of Karai there probably won't be any original Mirage characters that haven't already appeared in the 80's cartoon and other media. I count Leatherhead, Rat King, Baxter, the Purple Dragons and Casey Jones into that list since they have already appeared several times before. By original Mirage characters I meant Renet, Nobody, Savanti and so forth, and like I said, Karai was the first Mirage character to break it into this new series.

And while we're at it, with all the OT cameos and references, the only character I seen from the OT here is Metalhead. They could have easily have gone with an all-new Turtle robot or used the Turtlebot but they went with the classic Metalhead design instead. I know we've seen callbacks and such, but unless we actually see Irma herself in April's school or see Mondo Gecko skateboarding alongside Mikey, I still say Metalhead is the only OT character so far.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #26
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
1) Pimiko. She only ever appeared in the Image comics and was Shredder's biological daughter. However, since both Nick and IDW have followed the 4kids route of making Karai into Shredder's daughter, it makes it seem like the character of Pimiko will be forgotten about and never revived.
This one drives me totally nuts. I don't know if anyone cares, but there's actually a severe shortage of female TMNT characters, so I can't stand when they take an awesome stand-alone character like Karai and force her into the role of Shredder's daughter when he already has a badass kunoichi daughter.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
This one drives me totally nuts. I don't know if anyone cares, but there's actually a severe shortage of female TMNT characters, so I can't stand when they take an awesome stand-alone character like Karai and force her into the role of Shredder's daughter when he already has a badass kunoichi daughter.
Makes me wish Pimiko existed in the Mirage books before Image, her character would have been a bit more well known and 4kids might had used her.

That being said all the Image created characters will likely be forgotten, like King Komodo, Deathwatch, etc. Good thing the rest of the series was about the Foot and Triceratons.

Bugman, Silver Sentry, Nobody, Stainless Steel Steve and the other superheroes probably won't return either.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #28
Irishmile
Hench Mutant

As we get further and further from the source material I think that Oroku Nagi will eventually be forgotten... I think even many legit TMNT fans who didn't read the comics may not even know who he is NOW.. in the future most fans probably will not..
Old 02-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #29
snake
Disgusting

Hopefully bloodsucker won't be forgotten and adapted into the nick show
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Hopefully bloodsucker won't be forgotten and adapted into the nick show
We're more likely to see Wyrm than Bloodsucker.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #31
miru
Mad Scientist

Aska, Musha Beetle, Tora, and Shogun Warrior.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #32
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
We're more likely to see Wyrm than Bloodsucker.
Wrym would be cool toO
Old 02-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #33
Irishmile
Hench Mutant

Bloodsucker is cool... its no secret why he was so much like Swampthing.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #34
miru
Mad Scientist

Any characters from Japanese and European turtles media.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #35
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmile View Post
Bloodsucker is cool... its no secret why he was so much like Swampthing.
Bloodsucker action figure, that's why we need the river adapted into nick.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #36
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I however can see many fans say 'wtf??? Pimiko isn't his daughter??? Karai is!!! Why the hell do they keep changing things!!!!'

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #37
ToTheNines
[sic]

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I however can see many fans say 'wtf??? Pimiko isn't his daughter??? Karai is!!! Why the hell do they keep changing things!!!!'
Well people are going to be saying WTF anyways when it turns out her name is really Miwa in the Nicktoon.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

And Spike will become Slash, I assure you all.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #39
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
And Spike will become Slash, I assure you all.
Probably the reason Raph called him Spike. If he called him Slash from the get-go it would have been way too obvious. And isn't Spike kinda like a snapping turtle?

It's still confusing and I don't see why Spike/Slash would be evil though, nor why he would turn on Raph. If they choose to go that route, I'd rather see him as a misunderstood hero or something, but not an outright villain.

The main reason I kinda don't want Spike to become Slash is because I see no reason for him to become evil, or to not suddenly become the official 5th Turtle in the team. I know they'd never mess with status quo like that...

Old 02-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Probably the reason Raph called him Spike. If he called him Slash from the get-go it would have been way too obvious. And isn't Spike kinda like a snapping turtle?

It's still confusing and I don't see why Spike/Slash would be evil though, nor why he would turn on Raph. If they choose to go that route, I'd rather see him as a misunderstood hero or something, but not an outright villain.

The main reason I kinda don't want Spike to become Slash is because I see no reason for him to become evil, or to not suddenly become the official 5th Turtle in the team. I know they'd never mess with status quo like that...
He could easily be brainwashed by Baxter or the Foot.

They set him up as a parallel to Raph. Him being evil but Raph caring for him would be similar to if Karai is really Miwa.

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, idw, nick