The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #321
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's all over at 40 for sure. You're not like a senior citizen or anything at that point, but certainly your "I'm Youngish" card is thoroughly revoked.
Remind me to hide that card somewhere between now and April... Not going to give that up for a while, dammit. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:59 PM   #322
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I've just realized that a vast majority of forum members ... are currently in their thirties ...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:45 AM   #323
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
And one about to be 42.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:02 PM   #324
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You know it's getting bad when you'd like to be 30. Again. And it's too bad people can't legally change their age (within reason) like they can their name.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:01 PM   #325
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

About to be another year older in two weeks.
Thirty seven, I'll be there soon. There better be a cake waiting for me when I get there. =P
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:08 PM   #326
Leo656
The Franchise

I confess, I actually have had a few brief moments of realization recently where I was like, "Man, I never got to do ____ and now I never will".

It passes, but you do catch yourself looking back more than forwards, after a certain point.

Genetically, they tell me I have a decent shot at living to 105, based on family history and an abnormally relaxed heart rate (which is INSANE that I have that, considering me being such a high-stress person ), but who knows.

I mostly "feel" the same as ever, I just creak more. And my neck is shot. Otherwise... eh.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:06 PM   #327
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yeah, my knees are fine, but my hips and feet are starting to give me issues. And I have the "snap, crackle, pop" thing going on when I wake up in the morning. Dancing is harder than it used to be, too- I run out of breath a lot faster these days, in spite of those daily two-way two-mile walks. And the cold gets to me more than it used to....

But, yeah, I agree with Indigo- I WISH I could be ONLY 30 again!

Old 11-30-2018, 11:57 AM   #328
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

^ I have the reverse effects that you mentioned, for it is my knees that are the most 'talkative' whenever I stumble onto say for example, a crack in a sidewalk. It hurts like hell, but thankfully, the pain is short-lived.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:38 PM   #329
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I've just realized that a vast majority of forum members ... are currently in their thirties ...
This was already true when I was in my teens and I joined the forum.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #330
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, I was only 17 years old when I first came here. When forums started in late 90's or early 2000's, most original fans were in their teens having being the kid audience who grew up with the TMNT fad. There were some already older people in their 20's or even older back then, but not as many.

Then over the last literal 18 years, all us teens became 30 year olds, and the even older people are in their 40's or left the forums altogether.

It's been like this on all the other forums I've been visiting since the early 2000's. So weird knowing that I've been talking with roughly the same people since we were teenagers in High School, and now over the decades we've all aged into adults and some talk about what careers/full-time jobs they got into, some are married with kids, etc.

It's kinda weird knowing everyone grew up, reading old posts from decades ago on other forums when people were like, "I'm graduating High School this year" from like the early 2000's, and reading a post from them now, "I'm a doctor now and am happily married and having my third kid!"
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #331
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Um, that's not weird, Cubed, that's LIFE. Life is growth and change, even though it's usually very gradual, and not some magical thing that happens when you reach a certain number.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #332
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah, I was only 17 years old when I first came here. When forums started in late 90's or early 2000's, most original fans were in their teens having being the kid audience who grew up with the TMNT fad. There were some already older people in their 20's or even older back then, but not as many.

Then over the last literal 18 years, all us teens became 30 year olds, and the even older people are in their 40's or left the forums altogether.

It's been like this on all the other forums I've been visiting since the early 2000's. So weird knowing that I've been talking with roughly the same people since we were teenagers in High School, and now over the decades we've all aged into adults and some talk about what careers/full-time jobs they got into, some are married with kids, etc.

It's kinda weird knowing everyone grew up, reading old posts from decades ago on other forums when people were like, "I'm graduating High School this year" from like the early 2000's, and reading a post from them now, "I'm a doctor now and am happily married and having my third kid!"
I feel ya.

In two months from now on I'm turning 29, meaning it's gonna be the last year of my 20s. When you made this thread I was only 23 and wasn't too concerned about 30 yet. Crazy how 2013-2014 when the Bay Turtles and all the other forum drama happened was already 5-6 years ago and some people from back then are no longer around. I wonder why Dirty Blond never posted again.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 03:35 PM   #333
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Rolling right through mid 30's now. It's my favorite age. I don't think I have ever felt this strong and confident. I'm loving it.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:07 PM   #334
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Give it time....

Soon to hit 43, myself. And my daughter will be 12 in a couple of weeks. Geez, I feel old now. Thanks, guys, for bringing up a thread that reminds us all just how old we are!

Old 09-09-2019, 07:15 PM   #335
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Right?

Still getting used to being the big 4-0. At least I got to kid my brother-in-law about turning 35 already just yesterday. Sister will hit it in a few months. I may always be older, but they're sure blowing through the 30s as quick as I warned them about. lol

Can't wait to point out to my sister that the "young adult" designation ends at 35. I think that fact itself hurt about as much as hitting 40 did.

ONLY thing that makes me feel like I've still got a lot of life left is figuring that when I'm 80 in 40 more years from now my toddler nephew will be a few years older than I am now. And then I guess he gets to feel old with us too. lol

edit: But I'm just sad most of us won't be around to see the TMNT hit 100. That would be cool to see.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:54 PM   #336
IMJ
Emperor

If you have to "cope" with turning 30, then there are arguably other elements of life that you feel failed in, or actually failed in that are creating the cognitive dissonance in your head between your age and where you are at.

It's better to fix the problem than dwell on the age.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:11 AM   #337
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
If you have to "cope" with turning 30, then there are arguably other elements of life that you feel failed in, or actually failed in that are creating the cognitive dissonance in your head between your age and where you are at.

It's better to fix the problem than dwell on the age.
I had this conversation a few weeks back myself, though no-one wants their body to get old I feel there can be more issue with age (especially where we're not actually senior citizens and we are healthy) where we are not where we want to be/ not content. Found that from my own experience.

Here's a thought for the middle aged, think of how many years you have left to work still, there, don't you feel younger
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:14 AM   #338
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I first replied to this thread over 5 years ago, time sure flies. Another thing about getting old... time just doesn't feel the same.

With the earliest TMNT fans being young kids when the toon hit in 87/88 that puts most of us in our 30s, with 40s not being too rare either. If you're younger than that, you joined the fold at one of the later points, with the 2003 and 2012 shows probably being the biggest spikes of new recruits. So threads like this feel inevitable.

I'm not in my 40s yet, but getting there. You stay young by staying active, and adjusting your lifestyle (particularly diet), you can't abuse your body the way you did in your teens or twenties, but you can still have fun and "feel" young if you take care of yourself and stay within your limits.

30 is a big milestone but it's a mistake to think of it as being old. You can think of it as a closing chapter on your youth, not as the start of old age. I can't comment much on 40s yet, but you see people into their 50s still acting like they are in their 30s... so just take care of yourself and you should have a lot of great years ahead of you. If you aren't doing that, well then...
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:11 AM   #339
Prowler
Emperor

I really liked being 25. It felt like such a cool age, for some reason. It's like when you kinda stop being a young adult and become a full-fledged adult but you're still pretty young.

I feel being immortalised at the bracket of 25-34 would be perfect.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:58 AM   #340
CyberCubed
Overlord

Oh dear god this thread again. I made this thread in 2014. Now I’m almost in my mid 30’s. WTF? I feel like I made this thread last year or something.

Where the hell does the time go? How am I already heading toward middle age? Before I know it I’ll have a thread here asking how to cope with turning 40. What is going on? My 20’s flew by before my eyes and now my early 30’s are almost over. I don’t feel any different than when I was like 18-20.

How do you stop time from marching on? This is ridiculous. We’re all so old now it’s absurd. On other videogame forums I realized the other day most users were teenagers and I’m now double the age of the teenagers on other forums i’m interacting with. It feels so strange because on the internet you wrongly assume everyone is close to your age.

God us 80’s kids are old now. Even you 90’s kids are out of style now. The fact that kids born in 2000 are now legal and over 18 disturbs me, I think of 2000’s kids as babies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed thinks deep, cybercucked, same old song and dance, sjw is the new 30