The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-27-2004, 06:35 PM   #1081
sensei#me
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnterminator
I havent seen the sword here in the states..but maybe I missed it..???
Yeah, that's what I mean.
has anyone else seen it or am I a blind monkey?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:45 AM   #1082
TheCloneRanger
Hench Mutant

I found the Air Ninjas and the spinny-bashing things yesterday at the smallest Wal*Mart in Louisville, KY. All that was left was a Donatello Air Ninja, and a few (though not a complete set) of the bashers. None of them looked worth the money.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:17 AM   #1083
Jed
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei#me
I thought they'd come out in WALMART or TOYSRUS, but I never saw it.
Where do you live anyway?
Dublin, Ireland. I've seen it in at least 4 shops.
I am Frank-Zappa-as-imagined-by-the-editor-of-a-famous-rock-&-roll-magazine. I am an anachronism who makes the ugliest music on the planet. I have no right to call myself a member of the human race. I am tasteless, untalented, pompous, arrogant, cruel, insensitive, vulgar and not a fun guy because I don't use drugs.

Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 08:22 AM   #1084
sensei#me
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed
Dublin, Ireland. I've seen it in at least 4 shops.
Maybe they are just not out here in the states.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:31 AM   #1085
Jed
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei#me
Maybe they are just not out here in the states.
That's probably the case, unfortunately.
I am Frank-Zappa-as-imagined-by-the-editor-of-a-famous-rock-&-roll-magazine. I am an anachronism who makes the ugliest music on the planet. I have no right to call myself a member of the human race. I am tasteless, untalented, pompous, arrogant, cruel, insensitive, vulgar and not a fun guy because I don't use drugs.

Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:00 AM   #1086
redraphael
Random Punk

New TMNT basic

Hey there,
I found Drako, Ultimate Ninja, Traximux and the Nexus Turtles at both a NC TRU and a WV Walmart. The Trax has the a weird action feature. He is like those old toys that fall loose at the joints and then tighten up when you let go of the button. He works with a dial in the back to tighten him up. Drako is very cool. It looked like they were evenly packed bc there was one of each on the shelf. Enjoy and Happy New Year. So glad these forums are back!
Old 12-28-2004, 03:45 PM   #1087
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

I found UN and Drako at Walmart in Massachussets today. UN has retractable hand blade that you can pull in and out, and you can take it off completly. Drako's neck and mouth move when you make the dial on his back move, its very cool. I have some pics, sorry the UN ones didnt show up that good, new camera!

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:25 PM   #1088
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Sweet...great to see all the Nexus players comin out..I wish they'd make some sort of Nexus Arena playset...now that would be perfect..
Old 12-28-2004, 06:42 PM   #1089
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnterminator
Sweet...great to see all the Nexus players comin out..I wish they'd make some sort of Nexus Arena playset...now that would be perfect..
that would be really cool! Im a bit mad they left out a few competitiors. Ring, Shrimp, Girl, and Hairy would have been good figures ( I made up those names, theres describign adjectives!) I would pay for a cool playset!

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
Old 12-29-2004, 01:18 AM   #1090
Triceraton
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Mini Fighting Gear were reported but they are out of course.

Where are they showing up at? I've been looking for them at the places where last year's mini figures showed up, but haven't seen these yet.
Triceraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 06:56 AM   #1091
redraphael
Random Punk

Turtles flyers out in NC

Saw the flyers out at a local Target yesterday. The Shred and Foot Sold. look like one to a box. None of them were too impressive though.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:56 AM   #1092
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Where are they showing up at? I've been looking for them at the places where last year's mini figures showed up, but haven't seen these yet.

I found the remnents of the Fighting Gear figures at Family Dollar stores in both Madison and Portage WI. The seem to be shipping with some of the series 2 figures as well because every box I saw had two or three April figures left over.

Also, I found Drako and Traximus at a Madison WalMart last night.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:38 AM   #1093
TheCloneRanger
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraphael
Hey there,
The Trax has the a weird action feature. He is like those old toys that fall loose at the joints and then tighten up when you let go of the button. He works with a dial in the back to tighten him up.!
I'm pretty sure that feature is going to be standard on all of the BN challenger figures...to simulate them getting beaten and disappearing like they did in the cartoon. Are they held together by some sort of string or what? I'm seeing major problems in 5-10 years as those strings (bands? whatever they used) start to rot, or at the very least, start to lose their elasticity and stretch.

While I wish they had done that with the TMNT too, I have to say, I'm glad they didn't. The TMNT:BN figures look like they may be my favorite variation yet.

And you all just made a decision much easier for me. Time for a massive toy run to Cincinnati.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:42 PM   #1094
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceraton
I found them, and am still finding them, in Family Dollar and a KB Outlet...
Old 12-30-2004, 07:02 AM   #1095
marleynaki
Hench Mutant

Anyone Have Photos Of The Figures: Tmnt Battle Nexus!!!!!
marleynaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 08:00 AM   #1096
redraphael
Random Punk

Trax talk and Ninja Series out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCloneRanger
Are they held together by some sort of string or what? I'm seeing major problems in 5-10 years as those strings (bands? whatever they used) start to rot, or at the very least, start to lose their elasticity and stretch.
There are black strings that seem to have a little elasticity that connects each piece together. The metal looking chest piece is a button that releases the tension which keep him together. I am with you though, the strings will eventually loose there elasticity.

I also saw the Ninja series in a box at a NC Walmart last night.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:01 PM   #1097
tmntman
Mad Scientist

When it rains it pours. And the flood of new TMNT merchandise continues. I found this year's offerings from Mega Blocks at Walmart this morning. There are two new sets: #1406 the Mutation Garage and #1407 the Space Lab. I'll try to post pictures this afternoon.

The packaging is radically different from last year. Each set comes in a blister card within 3/4's of a box. The top half of the front has the blister exposed. There is also a opening fifth panel on the bottom half with a few extra images of the contents.

The sets themselves are interesting, but not that exciting. Each includes a Turtle (Don with the garage and Raph with the Space Lab) an Elite Ninja figure, a vehicle and a small playset environment. The Turtle figures look to be identical to the previous ones which have already been included in multiple quantities in the first four sets. I can't comment on the Elite Ninja since I haven't opened the sets yet and that figure isn't visible. But I was dissappointed that there are only two figures with each set where previous ones had included three. A second Elite Ninja figure would have been really cool and given those that bought both sets a complete set of four. But they also only included 2 of the four weapons for the Elite Ninja anyways. The axe and spear are included with both sets. The vehicles are nothing to get too excited about either. the Garage set comes with a dune buggy while the Space Lab has a small space ship of course. Neither are based on anything from the show. The one interesting feature is the playset. The actual parts for the playsets are rather sparse and not too exciting, but the playsets themselves are turtle shells that open up to form the base and a backdrop. I don't think they will work as a carrying case for the completed sets, they appear to be too shallow for that.

Old 12-30-2004, 12:26 PM   #1098
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

awsome! How much did you get them for?

Old 12-30-2004, 01:06 PM   #1099
tmntman
Mad Scientist

awsome! How much did you get them for?

Sorry, I knew there was something I forgot to mention. They were $12.88 each

Old 12-30-2004, 07:46 PM   #1100
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

so about the same price as the older smaller sets...i still have to get the Casey Jones set...well this is good to hear becuase I wasn't sure if they were going to keep coming out with these sets...