The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #21
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
So... is it powerful enough?
Sure, but compared to the Series X, it's a little weaker.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Does anyone here own one?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:11 PM   #23
neatoman
Emperor

So are the other parts of the FFVII remake going to come out for PS5 instead of PS4?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:08 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So are the other parts of the FFVII remake going to come out for PS5 instead of PS4?
Undoubtedly. With maybe a PS5 version of the one already released.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:45 PM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Oh, and another thing, is the 100GB file size the estimated size of the full game or just part 1 that was released last year? Because that is part of the reason I haven't gotten it yet. If it gets released on PS5 and we get a 10 TB version of the PS5, that might be a little less annoying. As of right now, the inernal storage seems to only be about 600 GB, which would mean that if each part is 100 GB then that's the only game you'll be playing until you can install another HDD. I had this problem with the PS4, a few games down the line and I had to get another drive.

I really wish the games could just run off the discs themselves. I get that there are certain problems with that but Nintendo's cartidge solution for the Switch works fine. I know Nintendo refuses to make cartridges larger than 64 GB and this means some games like the Bioshock collection will require some partial installation, but for most games this isn't a problem, so the PS5 could easily benefit from such a solution. There really isn't a reason the system couldn't both use discs and cartridges, discs for larger games and cartridges for smaller ones. Hell, I know you can put digital downloads onto flash drives for most systems and play off them, effectively making pseudo-cartridges.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 05:00 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I see it being touted that the controller of the PS5 is the biggest deal because it can create tension in the trigger buttons? Yeah, right. In 2 years I doubt you'll even see any games taking advantage of that.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:29 PM   #27
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I see it being touted that the controller of the PS5 is the biggest deal because it can create tension in the trigger buttons? Yeah, right. In 2 years I doubt you'll even see any games taking advantage of that.
I haven't used it myself but I agree. I hear it's really cool, but even the PS4 had some unique control features that I experienced with Tearaway Unfolded and I don't recall them ever really being implemented aside from that. The Switch has that whole HD rumble thing that I think only 1-2 Switch ever used.
Old 03-16-2021, 02:13 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Replaced my old non-4K Toshiba 65" yesterday with a 70" 4K Samsung. Tomorrow I'll grab a PS5 and see what all the hooplah is about.

I am pleased to see it's backwards compatible with the PSVR. Apparently it doesn't help the graphics, but the loading times are cut down by like 3/4s.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:44 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I got my PS5! Definitely not used to meeting dudes in parking lots of police stations, so that was a first (had to get it off a dude from Craigs List).

I actually had no idea I had it upside down there until later. Got the disc version, of course. I didn't intend to get the Miles Morales game, though I'd heard things about how nice the PS5 controller is with the game. The dude I bought the PS5 from took $50 from me for the game, so that wasn't bad. Especially when I noticed that the game includes the original Spider-Man (remastered) game from PS4, which I'd never played.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:23 AM   #30
Sumac
Banned

Congratz!
Happy playing!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:15 AM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

I probably won't get a PS5 till the Fall. There still aren't any real exclusives besides Demon Souls and I can wait on that. Even Resident Evil 8 is still coming to PS4. Ratchet is a big game but I'm not paying $70 for it anyway so I can wait.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:25 AM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I probably won't get a PS5 till the Fall. There still aren't any real exclusives besides Demon Souls and I can wait on that. Even Resident Evil 8 is still coming to PS4. Ratchet is a big game but I'm not paying $70 for it anyway so I can wait.
For now PS5 does have the exclusive RE8 demo. Which I played through... it's very short. Oddly it didn't do much with the "haptics" of the controller.

The new Miles Morales game is pretty wow. Only played a tiny bit before wanting to wait and try the first PS4 remastered one that is still downloading.

The Astro game it comes with was a little lame. And I've played through both of the PSVR ones on PS4. The "haptics" on the controller felt OK... nothing nearly as groundbreaking as what I'd been reading. Mostly it just made me sad this wasn't a new VR game where I can look around with the headset and all.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:33 AM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

Knowing that it's not backwards-compatible, my urgency to get one is way deep in the sh*tter now. I already have a dozen consoles set up and never even bothered with a PS4 because there were only like three or four exclusive games for it I ever wanted to play. I can safely say that it'll probably be a few years before there's enough games out for it to make it a Must-Buy for me.

If nothing else, it'll be cheaper and more available by then.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:41 AM   #34
sdp
-

Quote:
Mostly it just made me sad this wasn't a new VR game where I can look around with the headset and all.
If it's VR you want you should just get an Oculus Quest 2, who knows what sony has in store with the PSVR 2 but it's still tethered and most developers are now making quest games. PSVR had a good run but I don't know if Sony will be able to keep getting anything but ports from here on out.

Quote:
Haptic feedback is great, it's also on Switch basically and when developers actually use it which is a lot of the time, it's difficult to go back to just normal rumble. Counting more controllers now have it, haptic feedback will become the norm.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:48 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Knowing that it's not backwards-compatible, my urgency to get one is way deep in the sh*tter now. I already have a dozen consoles set up and never even bothered with a PS4 because there were only like three or four exclusive games for it I ever wanted to play. I can safely say that it'll probably be a few years before there's enough games out for it to make it a Must-Buy for me.

If nothing else, it'll be cheaper and more available by then.
Not backwards compatible with what? It's definitely backwards compatible with all PS4 games. I've spent a night just fussing over that. And they give you even less HD room than on the PS4.

I remember the rumors about backwards compatibility with PS1-3 games straight out but I always doubted that. Probably were always fake rumors.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:00 AM   #36
Leo656
The Franchise

Anything pre-PS4. For me that's a deal-breaker. As I said, every PS4 game besides God of War, Spider-Man and FF7 Remake that I'd ever want to play, also came out for Xbox One which I already owned, which is why I never bought a PS4. Three games does not justify a console purchase when I already own a ton of them. I have a massive PS1, PS2, and PS3 collection, though and it's already annoying that I can't play PS2 games on my model of PS3.

If PS5 can play PS4 games, that's good, it eliminates the need for me to ever buy a PS4 then. But there will need to be more than 4 or 5 decent exclusive games in either PS4 or PS5 format before I buy one, if it won't run the hundreds of PS games I already own. For the price, it just isn't worth it at this time. Hell, for the price I would expect if not demand FULL backwards-compatibility in the first place. But if that's not feasible, then I would gladly pay more for a version of the console that IS fully backwards-compatible.

I mean if they can come out with stripped-down digital-only versions of these consoles for more "casual" gamers at a lower price point, they can certainly create a more high-end model at a higher price point that plays "everything". Even if that's "niche" there are plenty of people who would still buy it. That's what they did with the PS3, initially. I get that they can't mass-produce those or even make them for perpetuity, but it's annoying that they don't bother at all.

If they produced a fully backwards-compatible PS5, that would be on my Christmas list for this year. As is, I can wait five years, I'll live. It will take that long for the exclusives to pile up, anyway, and I never buy a console unless there's at least 20 games on it that I absolutely need to play. Even counting PS4 exclusives, we're a long way off from that happening.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:50 AM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most PS3 games got "remastered" editions on PS4, so a lot of the big PS3 games are playable now on PS4/PS5....you just have to re-buy them. Although not every big PS3 game got ported, even big games like Red Dead Redemption 1 are still stuck on PS3 and there's no way to play it on PS4/PS5.

Which is odd...you would have thought Rockstar would remaster Red Dead Redemption since the story is a direct sequel to 2, yet...it's stuck on PS3.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:57 AM   #38
sdp
-

PS4 and PS5 are both the same architecture so that's why most games are backwards compatible without much issue, same with Xbox. For previous consoles they would need to get emulated which Microsoft has invested in doing it but Sony doesn't care to invest on backwards compatibility, but they did buy a streaming platform a few years ago which I think they call the service PS Now, so most likely any PS1/2/3 gaming will be done through streaming in that service if Sony ever implements it
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:10 AM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

Yes, Cubed, I absolutely want to re-buy things I already own because they have a shiny new coat of paint. Like you, I'm a very rich man after all. I can buy the same game I already own two or even three times over and not even feel it.

OR... maybe I already bought the game once and don't care about the new coat of paint, and maybe I'm not all that rich. "Maybe".

Old 03-17-2021, 09:44 AM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most remasters are dirt cheap now. $20 or less brand new.