The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think the 2003 series is under-appreciated?
Yes, I do think its under-appreciated 107 88.43%
No, it has enough credit/meh I dont care for it 14 11.57%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2016, 09:42 PM   #61
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I didn't necessarily air on Fox in all markets though. For example, I'm in the Chicagoland market. So for me, I saw it when it aired on our UPN affiliate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4Kids_...rkTV_affiliate
Same here. It started on Fox, but after the first season or so moved to UPN.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #62
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Are you sure? I don't remember watching any episodes on Fox. I swear I saw all of them from the start on UPN.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:27 PM   #63
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Yes, it is forgotten, under-appreciated, and overlooked. I honestly do not see how anyone could say differently on that.

The 80's cartoon got a complete series DVD set. It is still talked about to this day and it still influences things in this day & age in a huge way (aka the Nick show and Michael Bay films...mainly this new, upcoming one).

The Nick show (understandable since it is currently on) is talked about as if it is the best thing since sliced bread. It also helps that it has more money for promotion (since Nick has more bucks than 4Kids did) let alone the advent of Youtube/etc., which gets people to talk about it in video after video after video (how many internet stars or Youtubers talk about the 2003 cartoon...at least ones that have a giant fanbase ala Black Nerd?). And you even have websites like IGN and such rating every single episode of the new Nick show and calling it 'the best TMNT toon yet.'

The 2003 cartoon? I know tons of folks who would love to see it but they don't care to 'try to find episodes on Youtube, when they could be taken down any day/minute/etc.' or have to bootleg/torrent the thing. Nick has no signs in giving the show a proper, Decent release on DVD. It rarely gets mentioned (for example, it was ignored in the Turtle Power documentary...although granted, a lot of stuff got ignored as well... including the Nick show).

For the majority of folks out there (aka not the people on this forum), no one knows about this show or knows that it even existed.

No one mentions the show, talks about the show, or gives props to the show. The only place is on this forum, and that's it.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:16 PM   #64
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Yes, it is forgotten, under-appreciated, and overlooked. I honestly do not see how anyone could say differently on that.

The 80's cartoon got a complete series DVD set. It is still talked about to this day and it still influences things in this day & age in a huge way (aka the Nick show and Michael Bay films...mainly this new, upcoming one).

The Nick show (understandable since it is currently on) is talked about as if it is the best thing since sliced bread. It also helps that it has more money for promotion (since Nick has more bucks than 4Kids did) let alone the advent of Youtube/etc., which gets people to talk about it in video after video after video (how many internet stars or Youtubers talk about the 2003 cartoon...at least ones that have a giant fanbase ala Black Nerd?). And you even have websites like IGN and such rating every single episode of the new Nick show and calling it 'the best TMNT toon yet.'

The 2003 cartoon? I know tons of folks who would love to see it but they don't care to 'try to find episodes on Youtube, when they could be taken down any day/minute/etc.' or have to bootleg/torrent the thing. Nick has no signs in giving the show a proper, Decent release on DVD. It rarely gets mentioned (for example, it was ignored in the Turtle Power documentary...although granted, a lot of stuff got ignored as well... including the Nick show).

For the majority of folks out there (aka not the people on this forum), no one knows about this show or knows that it even existed.

No one mentions the show, talks about the show, or gives props to the show. The only place is on this forum, and that's it.
Well there's Tom Waltz I guess.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #65
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post

The 2k3 series is very well known. It had an extensive toyline and videogame merch attached to it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:19 PM   #66
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It aired on Fox, hence the "FoxBox."
Quote:
I didn't necessarily air on Fox in all markets though. For example, I'm in the Chicagoland market. So for me, I saw it when it aired on our UPN affiliate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4Kids_...rkTV_affiliate
Quote:
Quote:
Are you sure? I don't remember watching any episodes on Fox. I swear I saw all of them from the start on UPN.
The show was originally to be shown exclusively on Fox. The show moved over to upn and other channels ounce the contract expired.
source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...2003_TV_series)
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:18 AM   #67
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
The show was originally to be shown exclusively on Fox. The show moved over to upn and other channels ounce the contract expired.
source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...2003_TV_series)
Yes, that's true. However, shuriken and I were actually talking about on what channel Fox aired The Fox Box/4KidsTV for us here in the Chicagoland area (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4Kids_...rkTV_affiliate). But thank you though.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #68
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Yes, that's true. However, shuriken and I were actually talking about on what channel Fox aired The Fox Box/4KidsTV for us here in the Chicagoland area (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4Kids_...rkTV_affiliate). But thank you though.
Gotcha I forgot how ass backwards Chicago is
joking of course
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:37 AM   #69
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^Wonky channels, 4 seasons in a week, city-wide corruption and a high murder rate. Good Ol' Chicago
But yes it aired the first season on Fox 32 (used to live in the neighborhood called HEART of Chicago so yeah) and during season 2 (or over the Summer before season 3) went to UPN Channel 50. Yup
I still have a VHS recording of episode 7. I believe that had the little fox 32 thing on the corner of the screen.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #70
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
But yes it aired the first season on Fox 32 (used to live in the neighborhood called HEART of Chicago so yeah) and during season 2 (or over the Summer before season 3) went to UPN Channel 50. Yup
I still have a VHS recording of episode 7. I believe that had the little fox 32 thing on the corner of the screen.
I wish I still had my season one VHS recordings to check. However, I disposed of them as I bought the releases. I've still got the Back To The Sewer season VHS recordings since it was never released on DVD. But I swear I don't remember any episodes airing on FOX 32. I remember UPN 50 airing all of them from the start.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:19 PM   #71
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

you guys talking about the VHS' sold with the newspaper
Old 03-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #72
CyberCubed
Overlord

All the episodes are online...somewhere. Multiple sites even.

If you guys want to watch the show but don't own any of the old 4kids DVDs, you have plenty of ways to watch it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:25 PM   #73
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
All the episodes are online...somewhere. Multiple sites even.

If you guys want to watch the show but don't own any of the old 4kids DVDs, you have plenty of ways to watch it.
Kinda sucks not to be so practical to own this show on DVD, though.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:05 PM   #74
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
I wish I still had my season one VHS recordings to check. However, I disposed of them as I bought the releases. I've still got the Back To The Sewer season VHS recordings since it was never released on DVD. But I swear I don't remember any episodes airing on FOX 32. I remember UPN 50 airing all of them from the start.
Well they did re-air them from the start I believe the summer of 04 (or 03 Like I said its iffy)
But the first season (at least most of it) aired on Fox a part ofthe FOXBOX (along with One Piece, Shaman King, Kirby, Winx, Fighting Food-ons, Ultimate Muscle, Sonic X and Sigma 6) Once they moved to UPN though, they were called 4kids and got rid of Fighting Food-ons and added another anime I can't seem to remember.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:24 PM   #75
THGhost
Puppet Master

The fact that there's still no in-print DVD release for the 2K3 series speaks for itself. The show is super underappreciated.

Simply putting the show on something like Netflix would be a good idea, but there's no way Nick would go with that.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:20 AM   #76
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Well they did re-air them from the start I believe the summer of 04 (or 03 Like I said its iffy)
But the first season (at least most of it) aired on Fox a part ofthe FOXBOX (along with One Piece, Shaman King, Kirby, Winx, Fighting Food-ons, Ultimate Muscle, Sonic X and Sigma 6) Once they moved to UPN though, they were called 4kids and got rid of Fighting Food-ons and added another anime I can't seem to remember.
I wonder if your area of Chicago was different for some reason. I found a thread from Toonzone's forums (http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threa...x-box.3226201/) from January of 2003 pointing out how the FoxBox wasn't actually airing on Fox, and that it was airing on UPN 50. This would've been a few weeks before the 4Kids TMNT series premiered.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #77
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
I've still got the Back To The Sewer season VHS recordings since it was never released on DVD.
Back to the Sewer actually was released on DVD but it was only in Australia I believe.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #78
Yoshimickster
Foot Soldier

Considering they are taking a GOOD long while to release all of it on DVD, I'd say so.
Yoshimickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #79
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
I wonder if your area of Chicago was different for some reason. I found a thread from Toonzone's forums (http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threa...x-box.3226201/) from January of 2003 pointing out how the FoxBox wasn't actually airing on Fox, and that it was airing on UPN 50. This would've been a few weeks before the 4Kids TMNT series premiered.
Hrmm weird. That's so whack though. Maybe my mind is screwing with me, but I remember FoxBox was on Fox for a tiny bit, but the majority of its run was on UPN. (I remember seeing the PROMOS for TMNT on Fox, but the actual show, meh) You're probably right though .
I'll look for the VHS tape over next weekend to confirm my suspicions.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:06 PM   #80
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Hrmm weird. That's so whack though. Maybe my mind is screwing with me, but I remember FoxBox was on Fox for a tiny bit, but the majority of its run was on UPN. (I remember seeing the PROMOS for TMNT on Fox, but the actual show, meh) You're probably right though .
I'll look for the VHS tape over next weekend to confirm my suspicions.
Yeah, I never recall the FoxBox airing on Fox, it was always on UPN.

Tags
2k3 series, channelmadness