The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-19-2019, 12:44 PM   #241
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

If you have a small hand dolly that can fit in your trunk.....bring it! It should fit across the backseat of most cars, unless you have like a Fiat or something
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:36 AM   #242
retrohead
Random Punk

Glad to hear the speakers sound decent judging from some of the posts here and videos I've seen. Now to wait and see if we get these in the UK. I'm also itching to get my hands on the Final Fight cab that also has Ghosts N Goblins, Strider and 1944 however that's been out in the US since last year and still no sign of it here. Hopefully TMNT will be picked up as I've always dreamed of owning one since I first played the original arcade game.
retrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:57 AM   #243
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrohead View Post
Glad to hear the speakers sound decent judging from some of the posts here and videos I've seen. Now to wait and see if we get these in the UK. I'm also itching to get my hands on the Final Fight cab that also has Ghosts N Goblins, Strider and 1944 however that's been out in the US since last year and still no sign of it here. Hopefully TMNT will be picked up as I've always dreamed of owning one since I first played the original arcade game.
Would they have to change it to hero instead of ninja over there?
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:40 PM   #244
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
Installed my light this morning after work. It was a little work but I expected that once I realized it came with no directions. You do have to remove the speakers on old setup to move to new marquee/speaker board. They provide two screws that will replace the top two front screws in the side panel on each side. Just gotta get into position, it makes sense once you see it in front of you. Though I be happy to take photos of the positioning of the back if requested. Plug adapters into top hole of arcade guts box, good to go.
I just received my light-up marquee and I have a question for you or anyone else who might know:

Did you have to drill pilot holes into the side of your marquee?

As you mentioned, they provided 2 screws (mine were black) and 0 instructions. I'm assuming I'm supposed to use these screws to secure the marquee in place by placing them in the top hole on each side of the cabinet. However, there are no pilot holes on the marquee to indicate when the marquee is properly lined up so I figured I'd ask to make sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:32 AM   #245
statik
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
I just received my light-up marquee and I have a question for you or anyone else who might know:

Did you have to drill pilot holes into the side of your marquee?

As you mentioned, they provided 2 screws (mine were black) and 0 instructions. I'm assuming I'm supposed to use these screws to secure the marquee in place by placing them in the top hole on each side of the cabinet. However, there are no pilot holes on the marquee to indicate when the marquee is properly lined up so I figured I'd ask to make sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to.

Thanks in advance.
Just look at the photos I provided. There's no pre holes in the marquee, correct. It will make sense when you have it lined up how it should be.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 03:24 PM   #246
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
Just look at the photos I provided. There's no pre holes in the marquee, correct. It will make sense when you have it lined up how it should be.
Thanks for the pictures and for getting back. I didn't quite get the answer to the question I asked though, so I did some searching and found a guide with pictures on the Arcade Game Factory site in case anyone needs help:

How to install a Gen 3 Light Up Marquee

My question was essentially "Do pilot holes need to be drilled?". From the guide, the answer is seems to be "no":

Step 4: Place the marquee on your cabinet. Route BOTH wires through the slot at the top of the monitor panel. Install the two provided screws to secure the marquee. There are no pre-drilled holes in the marquee. Once you have it lined up on your cabinet, just use a hand held, manual screw driver to install the screws. Tighten hand tight. These do not need much force to tighten.

With this information, I should have time to get this all squared away tonight.

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2019, 08:25 AM   #247
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
But get someone to help lift and guide it in. It's really heavy and you don't want to damage stuff, check to see if you need to drop your backseat and have part of it in the trunk.
That's what she said.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:57 PM   #248
kjamesm
Random Punk

Got mine and put some new graphics to cover up the blank black front.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191101_205005.jpg (89.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 20191101_204956.jpg (88.6 KB, 48 views)
kjamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:48 PM   #249
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamesm View Post
Got mine and put some new graphics to cover up the blank black front.

That place on mine has a nick logo and both logos for each game. Yours was blank?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 02:31 PM   #250
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Mine has the logos for each game on it as well. I actually prefer that than having the graphics.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #251
kjamesm
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
That place on mine has a nick logo and both logos for each game. Yours was blank?
No mine had the logos like everyone's does, I added the graphics because I didnt like the blank front advertising the different games
kjamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:07 PM   #252
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamesm View Post
No mine had the logos like everyone's does, I added the graphics because I didnt like the blank front advertising the different games

We clearly have different definitions for "blank" hah

Old 11-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #253
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Walmart just dropped the price on these to 349.99
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:34 PM   #254
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

these have been relatively easy to find in the wild here in TN. easier than I had anticipated
Old 11-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #255
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
these have been relatively easy to find in the wild here in TN. easier than I had anticipated
I have seen them at my walmart, less than a mile from my house, and I'm so proud of myself for not buying one (for various reasons).
Hope they continue to cut the price.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:46 PM   #256
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
Walmart just dropped the price on these to 349.99

Since I still had an open issue with Arcade 1 up, and they have yet to fix it, I went and bought another one to get the parts, and it rang up 299 for me. I then returned it with the broken control deck on the 400 receipt. Saved 110-ish.

Old 11-24-2019, 04:38 AM   #257
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Since I still had an open issue with Arcade 1 up, and they have yet to fix it, I went and bought another one to get the parts, and it rang up 299 for me. I then returned it with the broken control deck on the 400 receipt. Saved 110-ish.
Wow, that's awesome.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:21 AM   #258
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

As soon as the price drops in going to buy one and return it right away on my $400 receipt.....I gave until Jan
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:44 AM   #259
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

not a bad plan. I wonder if there is anyway to accomplish this through and online order.

I was not planning on opening mine til we move next year, slightly scared that if I wait that long and something is wrong that they might not take back no matter what
Old 11-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #260
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Saw the Cabinet at Walmart today. But this one was missing two knobs.