Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 01:16 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
@Andrew thinking about it more, I also really love the focus on Raph. He's been getting jobbed for years now, living in Leo's shadow.

Any arc or cool moments for Mikey in your trilogy?
Sure. He would absolutely be Raphael's foil and best friend (even if Raph would sometimes prefer to hang with Casey), the one to rein him in, particularly during his Shredder bit. Maybe throughout the trilogy he would be writing down notes (or making mental ones, verbally) about his great novel he's ghostauthoring about four Marine brothers in war time and their struggles, then at the end of the third film April helps it see print.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
M'kay, how about this instead:

Adapt the first three issues in the order 2-3-1.
  1. Baxter builds MOUSERS and betrays April
  2. Turtles rescue her and the origin is told.
  3. Reveal that Baxter did the MOUSER stuff for the Foot clan because they wanted funds and that he is the key to get to them.
  4. At this point the whole car chase happens, replace the police with the Foot or MOUSERs.
  5. Turtles get to Shredder and kick his ass, pretty much the end.
  6. Optional, end with the cliffhanger of Splinter having gone missing and he wakes up in an Utrom lab.

That's pretty much the skeleton of the story and obviously there needs to be additional details, but it really doesn't need to be much more complicated than that. Set up the basics, have some action in the middle, end with the big bad being defeated and maybe add a cliffhanger depending on wheter or not you want to make more.
That'd be one movie, but that'd work.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #23
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That'd be one movie, but that'd work.
Wanna hear a pitch for a second one?
Hahahaha!
Old 04-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #24
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
That is the point of the thread...

I liked your first one, for what it's worth. Most of what's been spitballed in here is better than what we've received from the studios.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #25
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
How would you make better TMNT movies than Michael Bay's work?

If I was... I'd make Kraang - an evil Utrom the original Shredder and leader of the Foot clan in the feudal era. Then later in the modern era, Kraang passes his title to Saki as the new Shredder and leader. Kraang hides in the shadows secretly communicating his disciple/apprentice as a crime boss.

Perhaps also add new mutants in Shredder's force since Fishface, Rahzar/Dogpound & Tiger Claw. Like Shredder's "mutant elite guard". Those who are trained in ninjutsu.

- A skunk
- A chameleon
- A scorpion/spider
- A condor

Bebop & Rocksteady can be added later like in the 2012 version.

Slash can be the anti-hero who will later from the Mighty Mutanimals.

What do you think so far?
To make so many mutants fit into a single film, it would require Shredder to mutate at least half of all Purple Dragons gang-members.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Sure. Shoot.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #27
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That is the point of the thread...

I liked your first one, for what it's worth. Most of what's been spitballed in here is better than what we've received from the studios.
Alright, the first one was an adapation of the first three issues and ended with Splinter's kidnapping... OK, so the space arc, I feel this one should be a little easier. Just the issues in the same order, except with a few more twists and turns.
  1. Start off by having the Turtles search for Splinter.
  2. Raph comes across Casey, followed by a fairly straightforward adaptation of the Raph Micro, just without the conclusion.
  3. The other Turtles contact Raph to inform him that they've located Splinter, which interrupts his feud with Casey, who is pissed there wasn't any conclusion.
  4. The Turtles break into TCRI and their plans go smoothly, most plays out like in the comic until it's revealed Casey followed them to get his rematch with Raph.
  5. He causes the plan to go wrong and follows them to D'Hoonib, from here on out it plays out more or less the same as the comic except with Casey learning to get along with the Turtles.
  6. End the movie with the revelation that the Shredder has returned.

Fairly simple, more or less just the space arc with Casey thrown in as I feel he needs more character development. On to part three.
  1. Alright so I'm picturing the movie starting out with a combination of mostly the Leo Micro and some elements of the Mike Micro replacing some of the apartment stuff, establish things about Mike and Leo, that one is more laidback than the other.
  2. After that follows the escape of course, no need to establish Casey in this movie as we had already done that, focus more on his relationship with April instead so it doesn't come out of nowhere.
  3. After that it's mostly the farm with added scenes of the Foot building themselves up to establish they're still a threat. Definitly add scenes of showing that there is something wrong with the Shredder, that he's not quite the same as before.
  4. Here's the climax, might wanna trim some from the comics, Zog is still there though here there's an actual explaination where he came from.
  5. The showdown between Shredder and Leo. Here's a big change, Shredder doesn't just use his sword, he uses shapeshifting powers he gained from the worms. Here's the reason Leo still cuts off his head, he sees how shredder react in pain to his blows incorrectly assumes it will kill him, when his reactions were largely psychosymatic.
  6. Turtles tries to do the Viking funeral thing but the Shark Shredder thing happens before it takes effect. After that it's just a battle with the Shark Monster until they can blow it up.
  7. End the movie with the revelation that the Triceratons are on their way.

Not as straightforward but I feel this fixes some of the problems I had with the original version of the events and the 1990 adaptation. The Farmhouse doesn't get crammed into a montage and the showdown with the Shredder actually comes across as a challenge after the Spasmasaur and everything. Part four this time.
  1. Loose, very loose adaptation of Volume 2.
  2. There are no trippy dream sequences, Braunze is gone, Baxter's revenge get's a little trimmed but is otherwise the same
  3. Baxter actually manages to knock all the turtles out before getting zapped, April is rushed to the hospital.
  4. DARPA is replaced by the EPF, Bishop is running things.
  5. They pick up the Turtles and Baxter, bring them to the base. Bishop knows about Zog's involvement in the last movie and thinks the Turtles are allies of the Triceratons, who he knows are coming. The base stuff is almost nothing like the original version, the only real similarity is that the Turtles manage to escape.
  6. When out they formulate a plan to combat the Triceratons using Baxter for help.
  7. The Triceratons come and the EPF engages them in a war, the Turtles sneak around and employ their plan, the Triceratons are finished and so are the EPF, at least for now. Baxter also manages to flee. April has made a recovery.
  8. End the movie with the Turtles relaxing on a roof when Renet pops out of nowhere like she did in her original appearence. Explain nothing and but to black.

Alright, so this one largely came down to personal taste, it has more to do with the EPF stuff from the 2003 show than what actually happens in the volume 2. It's just that I really don't like Volume 2 and it needs a hefty rewrite to make any kind of sense. On to part five.
  1. This one is easy.
  2. Begin with an adaptation of the first Renet story, minus Cerebus of course, gotta keep some level of realism here. It would be impossible to get Cerebus to appear in a TMNT movie.
  3. Then have them travel back to the dinosaur age, adapt the Return of Savanti and end it like the original Renet story.
  4. End it with the Turtles returning home to see New York at War.

Simplest one so far, I don't need to explain it. On to part six.
  1. Alright, so I'm going to have to mess with City at War a bit here. Sorry...
  2. No Rat King (as much as I don't want to leave him out), it's hard to make him fit in with the pacing.
  3. April has PTSD from Baxter and can't deal with Casey who is told to get out her life while she lives with her sister while she recovers. Casey is pretty bummed and goes on a roadtrip.
  4. Casey stuff plays out more or less the same, not any focus on the manslaughter because that never happened here, make it about it his failure to protect April instead.
  5. April stuff is almost entirely different, more pain than just being bummed.
  6. Here's the one thing I think 4Kids did right with their adaptation, make sure you can tell the splinter groups of Shredder's empire apart. Foot on one side, Purple Dragon on the other, maybe even throw Baxter in too.
  7. Beyond that, it plays out pretty similar to the comic and ends with Shadow joining the family.

And that seems like a decent ending. The problem with City at War is that it might be a little too unconventional for a movie and I really didn't know what to do with the Rat King, I couldn't fit his original appearence somewhere and he just brings up more questions that won't be answered because I don't know where to go from here.

Maybe too many movies to plan on? Maybe, but then again, this is if I made the rules.
Hahahaha!
Old 04-24-2017, 11:42 PM   #28
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

@Andrew

Only thing I'd add to your story is making Splinter out to be morally wrong as well. You mentioned him being hard on them if they seemed soft during their training. I always imagined they were weapons first and foremost, and love came second after spending 15 years with them. No one outside of fans who read the comics really question whether Splinter is justified in what he does? Or see's him as another villain because of his reason for training the Turtles in the first place.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:47 AM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Alright, the first one was an adapation of the first three issues and ended with Splinter's kidnapping... OK, so the space arc, I feel this one should be a little easier. Just the issues in the same order, except with a few more twists and turns.
Seems mostly sound to me. Though I'd look hard to find a way to find a way in for Rat King, but that's just me.

Maybe too many movies to plan on. Getting a quality comic book movie trilogy out of a studio other than Marvel is tough, and even they haven't quite made that work well yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
@Andrew

Only thing I'd add to your story is making Splinter out to be morally wrong as well. You mentioned him being hard on them if they seemed soft during their training. I always imagined they were weapons first and foremost, and love came second after spending 15 years with them. No one outside of fans who read the comics really question whether Splinter is justified in what he does? Or see's him as another villain because of his reason for training the Turtles in the first place.
Oh, that'd definitely be in the nitty gritty of it. That's a paramount aspect of it. The Turtles confronting Splinter when they become self-aware of apparently being just raised as weapons... but by this point Splinter really loves them, and after Saki is dead, he is able to embrace it... but it's 70 kinds of awkward by that point, and possibly too little too late.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:43 AM   #30
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Seems mostly sound to me. Though I'd look hard to find a way to find a way in for Rat King, but that's just me.

Maybe too many movies to plan on. Getting a quality comic book movie trilogy out of a studio other than Marvel is tough, and even they haven't quite made that work well yet.
This is kind of why I mostly focused on individual story arc that end on a cliffhanger, just cut out the cliffhangers for part 2, 3, 4 and 5. That way the series can end wherever.

As for the Rat King, I really don't where to put him in the continuity and still have it make sense for the standalone movie.
I could adapt his first ever appearence into one of the movies but that would come across as weird and out of place. I could adapt it along with some other side stories but I don't think it would make for a very good movie Regardless of what, City at War arguably has too many B-plots to fit into one movie and one has to be cut.
Hahahaha!
Old 04-26-2017, 05:47 PM   #31
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

-It would be PG-13. There would be blood. Not flying heads. But definitely blood.

-I'd use a mixture of suits and CGI and would keep the martial arts to a more realistic level

-The Turtles' fights would be restricted to the night and shadows, not broad daylight, where they could be picked up by helicopters, etc. Action is more dramatic at night anyway.

-I would modernize the look of Shredder a little. But no CG suits. He would be the leader of the Foot. No teens. No Call of Duty rejects. A ninja clan.

-Splinter would be a mutated rat.

-April would be spunky, smart, and not cast purely for sex appeal. She'd play an important role in the film, however the stars would be the Turtles.

-No songs. No TMNT raps. No beatboxing. No annoying songs that got lost on the way to the club. Just score. If any song were to be used, it'd be something classic and familiar, but limited. None of that Steve Jablonsky stuff either. Something memorable. Something emotional. Something inspired by the film's tone, not cues that sound like they were rejected from the Transformers movies.

-The humor would be far less physical and more true to a more serious tone. More character stuff, less "farty-falldown."

-More dark alleyways and sewers.

-Unlike Platinum Dunes, I'd realize that the source material doesn't need to change but the approach to making a TMNT film does. I'd strive to make a more definitive TMNT film not just a TMNT film. It wouldn't be a film that just merely capitalizes on the franchise's familiar name.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:41 PM   #32
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

The main problem with PD is they wanted to do a super hero movie, and TMNT just isn't that. Heck it should be relatively cheap to make a TMNT movie the expensive stuff it when you add the Sci-fi parts of the franchise.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #33
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

As TMNT 1 from 1990 is my all time favourite TMNT movie, i'd do something like that one.

Characters:

Splinter:
Once Hamato Yoshi, now mutated into a rat.

Personality: Wise, really calm, and always shows how he loves his sons (by buying them pizza or being a listening ear for them incase they are worried or stressed).

Hobbies: Meditating, reading various novels, practising more ninja arts.

Raphael:

Born a human, mutated into a turtle.

Personality: Cares deeply for his father and his brothers to the point he may get into a rage if one of them gets hurt or threatend. He has a temper even to his brothers but not as bad as he has to people outside of his familly. He rather kills than forgives enemies but he does save people, or even cats from a tree.

Hobbies: Weight lifting (body building stuff in general), fighting against training dummies, watching movies.

Fighting style: A more in-your-face fighting style, he is the aggresive fighter that keeps fighting without a second thought. He usually insults/provokes his enemies in hopes that the enemy becomes angry.

Donatello:

Personality: Pretty shy when it comes to outsiders of the familly, he doesn't talk much to anyone but his brothers and father. He is obsessed with technology like tv's, radio's and computers and loves fixing tech stuff or creating tech stuff on his own. He uses rather fancy "smart" words which sometimes confuses his brothers and he tries to talk more 'normal' which sometimes causes comical stuff to happen.

Hobbies: Fixing and creating tech stuff, reading science novels and watching science tv shows and movies, playing video games.

Fighting style: Uses the shadows to his advantage, usually strikes from the back, he mostly dodges enemy attacks rather than attack himself if it's from the front.

Michaelangelo:

Personality: He loves to make jokes and uses witty (childlike) sarcasm to certain situations to make the situation less scary and serious. He cares deeply for anything that lives, even so deeply that he may become depressed if he watches a movie where a human or animal gets even the slightest bit of pain. His weakness is that he cares too much to the point he gets too sad to do anything. But he has a strength aswell, he is the only brother that would go through a fire to even save a fly from dying.
He uses comedy to cheer people up.

Hobbies: Reading comics, watching comedy shows and playing (non violent) video games.

Fighting style: Hops all over the place and runs around a lot, uses his enviorment to his advantage (throwing bricks, uses a lantern pole to do a drop kick etc).

Leonardo:

Personality: He is serious although not as serious as Raphael, Leonardo can laugh at jokes but he doesn't make jokes himself. He is smart when it comes to strategies, planning ahead and adapting to any situation. He, like Mikey, sees the good in anyone even in villians and thinks that anyone can have a change of heart for the better. He is very noble and would love to sacrifice himself for his familly, friends or the world in general and would not hesitate to do so. He takes the lead and always stands infront of his brothers so that he would take the first hit instead of his brothers.

Hobbies: Training his ninja arts, meditating, watching movies (fighting movies usually, or occasionally comedies).

Fighting style: Mostly only counter attacks enemies, uses old fashioned ninja skills and items like shurikens and smoke bombs.

April O'neil:

An early 20 year old woman working for a newspaper company.

Personality: Very curious and always wants to know what is going on, who what is and what anything can do. She usually asks a lot of questions and sometimes acts like a self-made detective.

Hobbies: Writing, reading basically anything and watching reality tv shows.

Irma:

Personality: Slightly perverted (but in comical way, no extreme ways) and very shy and usually talks about how she can't get a date and how bad she wants to date a man. She is easily scared and gets anxiety rather quickly, which means April will comfort her to calm down.

Hobbies: Writing, reading romance stories and watching romance tv shows and movies.

Casey Jones:

A mid 20 year old orphan, now a runaway street fighter for 'justice'.

Personality: Swears at times while he talks, gives everyone a funny comical nickname (friend or enemy) and he talks a bit too much to the point people tell him that he is blabbering on and on. He never forgives his enemies, but unlike Raphael, Casey doesn't kill he however brings them to the police.
Casey does have a temper like Raphael, very similair.

Hobbies: Fighting crime, reading police comics and books, flirting with random girls.

The Shredder:

Once a ninja from Japan, now a master mind ninja in New York.

Personality: Ruthless, he kills his enemies without a second thought and tortures people who failed him even once to the point where his victims may sometimes become insane because of the pain and fear. He speaks as a leader and acts as if he is the best and strongest man in the world. When someone looks at him funny he will warn them once, if they do it again he kills them.
His only love is his daughter Karai, who is always forgives and he never fears to show how much he loves her, however he won't show any love for her when anyone is near.

Fighting style: Uses a spear as a weapon, shadows to his advantage and various ninja items. He uses surprise attacks and counters, but he always tries to kill his opponent as fast as possible and never plays around.

Baxter Stockman:

A man that works for a science lab, but now a captive for the Shredder.

Personality: A very scared man who obeys the Shredders every command, gets anxiety easily and doesn't shy away from crying in public- even if the Shredders sees it.
He plots against the Shredder in secret to beat him and allies himself with the Turtles in secret.

Hobbies: Fixing tech stuff and making tech stuff, reading science novels.

Karai:

Oroku Saki's daughter.

Personality: Very strict and ruthless, kills without a second thought. She doesn't like it when her father, Oroku Saki, tortures people but she has to accept it eventhough she hates it. She is loyal to her father and does anything he wants her to do wether its thievery, assasination or traiing the foot soldiers.

Fighting style: Uses shadows to her advantage, uses various ninja items and usually strikes from behind. She plays with her opponents to stall because she enjoys fights and mocks people during it.

Minor characters

Vernon: Stuck up and thinks he is the best newspaper writer. April's rival.

Tang Shen: A spirit of Hamato Yoshi's wife and mother to the (the human) turtles. Cares for her kids and husband in the after life. (She is only seen and heard in Splinter and Leonardo's meditions).

Nancy: Runs the orphange and has been searching for the lost Casey jones. She cares for the kids and teens in the orphanage.

Oyuki: A girl from the orphange, she is a rebel and tries to follow in Casey's footsteps but fails at it.

Mom and dad O'neil: Live in an antique store's second floor. They occasionally call April to get some updates on her life.

Story:

Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki we're both childhood friends but eventually became friendly rivals as they grew older.
They joined the foot clan, a clan created by Hamato's ancestors and now run by Hamato's father. Hamato and Oroku trained daily and competed in many things together however Hamato was always better than Oroku in every way, then the rival clan of the foot raided the village and Oroku saw his parents getting killed at the early of of 15 which scarred him deeply and got him into a depression.

Hamato Yoshi's father later gave the leadership of the clan to Yoshi at the age of 18 because his parents were leaving on a spiritual trip, this angered Saki.
Saki later betrayed Yoshi and framed him with lies and manipulation on the age of 34. He also killed Tang Shen.
Yoshi, after being kicked out of his own clan by the lies Saki spread, left to New York with his 5 sons (5 is not a typo here ), he tried to make a living there but failed and went into the sewers.
His 5 sons are at the age of 4 and had 2 pet turtles found by Yoshi, Yoshi himself was mostly with the rats instead of the 2 turtles.
Later they all, apart from one of the sons, got hit by mutagen which transformed them into 4 turtles and 1 rat over 4 months.

Yoshi now called Splinter woke up once and saw 4 big kid sized turtles, but his other not-affected son was missing, he searched and searched but failed to find his 5th missing son.
13 years pass and the Turtles are now 17 years old and combat ready for the outside.

Okay i'm done, sorry for the huge story but i really wanted to get my creativity out of the way
Had this building up

Not sure if anyone would read it though but if someone is interested, i would love to tell who the fifth son ends up being.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:01 AM   #34
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
As TMNT 1 from 1990 is my all time favourite TMNT movie, i'd do something like that one.

Characters:

Splinter:
Once Hamato Yoshi, now mutated into a rat.

Personality: Wise, really calm, and always shows how he loves his sons (by buying them pizza or being a listening ear for them incase they are worried or stressed).

Hobbies: Meditating, reading various novels, practising more ninja arts.

Raphael:

Personality: Cares deeply for his father and his brothers to the point he may get into a rage if one of them gets hurt or threatend. He has a temper even to his brothers but not as bad as he has to people outside of his familly. He rather kills than forgives enemies but he does save people, or even cats from a tree.

Hobbies: Weight lifting (body building stuff in general), fighting against training dummies, watching movies.

Fighting style: A more in-your-face fighting style, he is the aggresive fighter that keeps fighting without a second thought. He usually insults/provokes his enemies in hopes that the enemy becomes angry.

Donatello:

Personality: Pretty shy when it comes to outsiders of the familly, he doesn't talk much to anyone but his brothers and father. He is obsessed with technology like tv's, radio's and computers and loves fixing tech stuff or creating tech stuff on his own. He uses rather fancy "smart" words which sometimes confuses his brothers and he tries to talk more 'normal' which sometimes causes comical stuff to happen.

Hobbies: Fixing and creating tech stuff, reading science novels and watching science tv shows and movies, playing video games.

Fighting style: Uses the shadows to his advantage, usually strikes from the back, he mostly dodges enemy attacks rather than attack himself if it's from the front.

Michaelangelo:

Personality: He loves to make jokes and uses witty (childlike) sarcasm to certain situations to make the situation less scary and serious. He cares deeply for anything that lives, even so deeply that he may become depressed if he watches a movie where a human or animal gets even the slightest bit of pain. His weakness is that he cares too much to the point he gets too sad to do anything. But he has a strength aswell, he is the only brother that would go through a fire to even save a fly from dying.
He uses comedy to cheer people up.

Hobbies: Reading comics, watching comedy shows and playing (non violent) video games.

Fighting style: Hops all over the place and runs around a lot, uses his enviorment to his advantage (throwing bricks, uses a lantern pole to do a drop kick etc).

Leonardo:

Personality: He is serious although not as serious as Raphael, Leonardo can laugh at jokes but he doesn't make jokes himself. He is smart when it comes to strategies, planning ahead and adapting to any situation. He, like Mikey, sees the good in anyone even in villians and thinks that anyone can have a change of heart for the better. He is very noble and would love to sacrifice himself for his familly, friends or the world in general and would not hesitate to do so. He takes the lead and always stands infront of his brothers so that he would take the first hit instead of his brothers.

Hobbies: Training his ninja arts, meditating, watching movies (fighting movies usually, or occasionally comedies).

Fighting style: Mostly only counter attacks enemies, uses old fashioned ninja skills and items like shurikens and smoke bombs.

April O'neil:

Personality: Very curious and always wants to know what is going on, who what is and what anything can do. She usually asks a lot of questions and sometimes acts like a self-made detective.

Hobbies: Writing, reading basically anything and watching reality tv shows.

Irma:

Personality: Slightly perverted (but in comical way, no extreme ways) and very shy and usually talks about how she can't get a date and how bad she wants to date a man. She is easily scared and gets anxiety rather quickly, which means April will comfort her to calm down.

Hobbies: Writing, reading romance stories and watching romance tv shows and movies.

Casey Jones:

A mid 20 year old orphan, now a runaway street fighter for 'justice'.

Personality: Swears at times while he talks, gives everyone a funny comical nickname (friend or enemy) and he talks a bit too much to the point people tell him that he is blabbering on and on. He never forgives his enemies, but unlike Raphael, Casey doesn't kill he however brings them to the police.
Casey does have a temper like Raphael, very similair.

Hobbies: Fighting crime, reading police comics and books, flirting with random girls.

The Shredder:

Once a ninja from Japan, now a master mind ninja in New York.

Personality: Ruthless, he kills his enemies without a second thought and tortures people who failed him even once to the point where his victims may sometimes become insane because of the pain and fear. He speaks as a leader and acts as if he is the best and strongest man in the world. When someone looks at him funny he will warn them once, if they do it again he kills them.
His only love is his daughter Karai, who is always forgives and he never fears to show how much he loves her, however he won't show any love for her when anyone is near.

Fighting style: Uses a spear as a weapon, shadows to his advantage and various ninja items. He uses surprise attacks and counters, but he always tries to kill his opponent as fast as possible and never plays around.

Baxter Stockman:

A man that works for a science lab, but now a captive for the Shredder.

Personality: A very scared man who obeys the Shredders every command, gets anxiety easily and doesn't shy away from crying in public- even if the Shredders sees it.
He plots against the Shredder in secret to beat him and allies himself with the Turtles in secret.

Hobbies: Fixing tech stuff and making tech stuff, reading science novels.

Karai:

Oroku Saki's daughter.

Personality: Very strict and ruthless, kills without a second thought. She doesn't like it when her father, Oroku Saki, tortures people but she has to accept it eventhough she hates it. She is loyal to her father and does anything he wants her to do wether its thievery, assasination or traiing the foot soldiers.

Fighting style: Uses shadows to her advantage, uses various ninja items and usually strikes from behind. She plays with her opponents to stall because she enjoys fights and mocks people during it.

Minor characters

Vernon: Stuck up and thinks he is the best newspaper writer. April's rival.

Tang Shen: A spirit of Hamato Yoshi's wife and mother to the (the human) turtles. Cares for her kids and husband in the after life. (She is only seen and heard in Splinter and Leonardo's meditions).

Nancy: Runs the orphange and has been searching for the lost Casey jones. She cares for the kids and teens in the orphanage.

Oyuki: A girl from the orphange, she is a rebel and tries to follow in Casey's footsteps but fails at it.

Mom and dad O'neil: Live in an antique store's second floor. They occasionally call April to get some updates on her life.

Story:

Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki we're both childhood friends but eventually became friendly rivals as they grew older.
They joined the foot clan, a clan created by Hamato's ancestors and now run by Hamato's father. Hamato and Oroku trained daily and competed in many things together however Hamato was always better than Oroku in every way, then the rival clan of the foot raided the village and Oroku saw his parents getting killed at the early of of 15 which scarred him deeply and got him into a depression.

Hamato Yoshi's father later gave the leadership of the clan to Yoshi at the age of 18 because his parents were leaving on a spiritual trip, this angered Saki.
Saki later betrayed Yoshi and framed him with lies and manipulation on the age of 34. He also killed Tang Shen.
Yoshi, after being kicked out of his own clan by the lies Saki spread, left to New York with his 5 sons (5 is not a typo here ), he tried to make a living there but failed and went into the sewers.
His 5 sons are at the age of 4 and had 2 pet turtles found by Yoshi, Yoshi himself was mostly with the rats instead of the 2 turtles.
Later they all, apart from one of the sons, got hit by mutagen which transformed them into 4 turtles and 1 rat over 4 months.

Yoshi now called Splinter woke up once and saw 4 big kid sized turtles, but his other not-affected son was missing, he searched and searched but failed to find his 5th missing son.
13 years pass and the Turtles are now 17 years old and combat ready for the outside.

Okay i'm done, sorry for the huge story but i really wanted to get my creativity out of the way
Had this building up

Not sure if anyone would read it though but if someone is interested, i would love to tell who the fifth son ends up being.
Just one word after having skimmed through that comes to mind:
>Nope
Hahahaha!
Old 05-02-2017, 09:24 AM   #35
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Just one word after having skimmed through that comes to mind:
>Nope
Why not?
Old 05-02-2017, 09:32 AM   #36
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Why not?
Your pitch exclusively involves human to animal mutations, reporter April, Irma, Vernon and a version of Baxter that is a good guy. Concepts and characters that were never very well thought out or interesting in the first place, the idea of using them all in one place almost makes me want to vomit.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #37
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Your pitch exclusively involves human to animal mutations, reporter April, Irma, Vernon and a version of Baxter that is a good guy. Concepts and characters that were never very well thought out or interesting in the first place, the idea of using them all in one place almost makes me want to vomit.
I didn't know this topic was a talent show and that we had judges, or people as rude as a judge
This is what i thought of, you don't have to like it but you also don't have to be a douche about it dude.

I like the idea of having the 4 (or 5) sons become a turtle, it makes it more father to son like to me, kinda what they did with IDW.
And why not make Baxter a good guy? Changes are needed if you want to keep it fresh or else it will be the same thing over and over again.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #38
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I didn't know this topic was a talent show and that we had judges, or people as rude as a judge
This is what i thought of, you don't have to like it but you also don't have to be a douche about it dude.

I like the idea of having the 4 (or 5) sons become a turtle, it makes it more father to son like to me, kinda what they did with IDW.
And why not make Baxter a good guy? Changes are needed if you want to keep it fresh or else it will be the same thing over and over again.
Maybe it was a little harsh but I just don't like most of it.

I don't like the idea of the mutagen turning humans into animals, because requires contrived reasons for why it affects individuals differently and invites inconsistancies. I don't like April as a reporter because there's an obvious conflict of interests that gets ignored. I don't like Irma and Vernon because they're pointless and annoying. And turning Baxter into a good guy is about as lame of a change as it gets, it doesn't make him more interesting, it's just lame.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #39
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Maybe it was a little harsh but I just don't like most of it.

I don't like the idea of the mutagen turning humans into animals, because requires contrived reasons for why it affects individuals differently and invites inconsistancies. I don't like April as a reporter because there's an obvious conflict of interests that gets ignored. I don't like Irma and Vernon because they're pointless and annoying. And turning Baxter into a good guy is about as lame of a change as it gets, it doesn't make him more interesting, it's just lame.
I guess, i like it though thats why i really like the IDW version of the four turtles and splinter, they seem more like a familly now and an actual biological familly.

And as far April being a reporter, it makes her more adventurous and interesting to me.
Irma is just a funny character, always loved that character as a kid and still sad they never did anything more with that character
Old 05-04-2017, 10:29 AM   #40
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Shock horror someone likes elements of the Fred Wolf series. You know what, why not? No really why not? Not interesting to you but interesting to other people?

Quote:
And as far April being a reporter, it makes her more adventurous and interesting to me.
Irma is just a funny character, always loved that character as a kid and still sad they never did anything more with that character
More power to you. I like your suggestions although I am biased towards the original cartoon while neatoman thinks it's some kind of travesty. Yeah great ideas.
Closed Thread

Tags
michael bay, tmnt movie