The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #201
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post
Yes out of NYCC, though not confirmed, would like to Shredder with mouser ex, Krang in body, as well as Bebop and Rocksteady, possibly Foot and April. But once we see Leo, the line is over
Maybe. I'm not sure we'll see anyone else besides Shredder, but I think I'm all-in given the new releases are on par with how Raph turned out.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #202
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Maybe. I'm not sure we'll see anyone else besides Shredder, but I think I'm all-in given the new releases are on par with how Raph turned out.
Yea, I think Shred will be next which should be pretty sweet. And like you, I think I'm all in on the line as well. Size wise these things are massive, which look amazing and are impressive. But the double edge is how to properly display a pile of these along with rest of the collection...
__________________
Check out my comic art gallery!
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:23 AM   #203
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post
Yea, I think Shred will be next which should be pretty sweet. And like you, I think I'm all in on the line as well. Size wise these things are massive, which look amazing and are impressive. But the double edge is how to properly display a pile of these along with rest of the collection...
Years ago I had a large display case custom built. In hindsight, I had them make it too big because it was a pain to move when I moved from Albuquerque to Cleveland. But since then, I've scoured craigslist for various display cases and have found some really good ones. They're all basically china cabinets but unlike most, have large display areas not obscured by the trim. Now the problem is that I've run out of room for more cabinets, haha.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:38 PM   #204
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,271
Just got a notice from Sideshow that Donatello should be shipping in the next week.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 03:55 AM   #205
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Just got a notice from Sideshow that Donatello should be shipping in the next week.
Awesome! Now bring on the preorder for Leo!
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:11 AM   #206
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Awesome! Now bring on the preorder for Leo!
Actually, I'd like it if they would just deliver my Raphael statue first.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #207
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior
 
drag0nfeathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 613
I waited for UPS to come and when I saw them lug this ENORMOUS box off the truck I was like . No... That's not it, is it? It must just be packed in a hell of a lot of Styrofoam right? Good lord! This thing is a BEAST! You know the dimensions before ordering obviously, but I was not prepared for this massive dude! Nevermind 3 more to follow!

I am more then happy with the quality! Raph has been my favorite so far of the ones shown and worth every penny but where the heck am I going to find a display big enough for him that will also accept the weight of 4 of these monsters? Looks like I am going to be building a custom cabinet! Donnie is charging on Wednesday and I seriously can't wait to see Leo!
__________________

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:57 AM   #208
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Actually, I'd like it if they would just deliver my Raphael statue first.
Fair enough, though some of that might have to do with a payment plan if that's how you paid.

And now that I think about it, this might be the first set of TMNT statues where we actually have any in-hand before all four had already gone up for preorder.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:08 AM   #209
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Fair enough, though some of that might have to do with a payment plan if that's how you paid.

And now that I think about it, this might be the first set of TMNT statues where we actually have any in-hand before all four had already gone up for preorder.
Not sure what happened. They charged me for shipping two weeks ago, but never shipped it. I had to call customer service to ask what the delay was for them to actually ship it.

Also, the Playmates statues all shipped well before the next statue was offered. And the Ikon Collectible statues have been well spaced out as well.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:30 AM   #210
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Not sure what happened. They charged me for shipping two weeks ago, but never shipped it. I had to call customer service to ask what the delay was for them to actually ship it.

Also, the Playmates statues all shipped well before the next statue was offered. And the Ikon Collectible statues have been well spaced out as well.
I'm sorry yours got lost in the shuffle--having bought dozens of pieces from Sideshow over the years, that's uncharacteristic of them.

I didn't get the IKON pieces, but you're right about the Playmates statues--it's been so long that I'd forgotten about that.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:06 AM   #211
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior
 
drag0nfeathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 613
I know some of the Raphael orders had glitches when they transferred from PCS to Sideshow. If your original order was thru PCS and it got transferred electronically to Sideshow like mine was that may be the issue. I had to contact customer service several times when that initially happened because there were a lot of strange glitches with my order that had to be fixed, (for example I had 3 orders of statues and I got a bunch of extra charges they ended up fixing by applying them to my payment plan, it was all a huge pain the a$$ at the time but it eventually got worked out. However, that was way back then when the orders transferred. If you didn't follow up with Sideshow to make sure everything was kosher back then you may have had some glitch as well. Sideshow is usually very good from my experience.
__________________

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #212
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,955
Gotta say, I'm loving the statue. Put in my preorder for the Don and Mikey. Can't wait to see what the next one will be
__________________
Check out my comic art gallery!
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:36 PM   #213
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior
 
drag0nfeathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 613
Donnie has officially shipped to me... now for the hard part. Waiting for him to arrive and then figuring out where on Earth I am going to fit another one of these monsters! I hope they take their time with Mikey because I'm gonna have to build something myself to house these things... not only that but these were the final nail in the coffin storage wise and I had to finally get off my wallet and rent a storage space. Empty boxes have taken over my house! LOL!
__________________

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:38 PM   #214
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Donnie has officially shipped to me... now for the hard part. Waiting for him to arrive and then figuring out where on Earth I am going to fit another one of these monsters! I hope they take their time with Mikey because I'm gonna have to build something myself to house these things... not only that but these were the final nail in the coffin storage wise and I had to finally get off my wallet and rent a storage space. Empty boxes have taken over my house! LOL!
Ugh, storage space for empty boxes?! That stinks. I've got boxes wedged all over the place myself so I feel your pain.

Anybody got the Don in hand yet? Would love to see pics, haven't see any in the wild yet
__________________
Check out my comic art gallery!
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:51 AM   #215
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,281
Anyone get their Donatello yet? I think Raph turned out slightly better, but Don still looks great. I'll be displaying mine with the scowling portrait, but both sets of hands are fantastic and I'll probably change those out from time to time.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #216
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Anyone get their Donatello yet? I think Raph turned out slightly better, but Don still looks great. I'll be displaying mine with the scowling portrait, but both sets of hands are fantastic and I'll probably change those out from time to time.
Mine arrived at the office today. I haven't opened either he or Raph yet though.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:00 AM   #217
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Mine arrived at the office today. I haven't opened either he or Raph yet though.
Make sure you inspect them within 30 days, just in case there are any issues.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:42 PM   #218
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior
 
drag0nfeathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 613
Yes everyone needs to do just that. Seen a few Facebook posts with quality control issues with Donnie, and I unboxed mine to find the body was all scratched up. Everything else is fine thank goodness. I contacted Sideshow and they are sending me a new body. Hopefully it fits into the base properly. I had heard that was an issue as well.
__________________

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:17 AM   #219
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,010
PCS will release 1/8 scale PVC statues in November, just the four Turtles.









SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:23 AM   #220
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,281
That's kind of cool. I'm hoping they put the Leo statue up for order soon, though. The first two statues have been very well done.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.