Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 02:08 PM   #3581
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
THAT is why I call it a gimmick..
The word gimmick is overused, especially when people don't like new features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Hm... Time to upgrade GTX 970 then? Since it is the minimum requirement for VR... But i dont care at all for VR and will never use it . Unless all movies and games becomes VR only but this will never happen!

GPUs are incredibly expensive rightnow because of cryptos like bitcoin so you might want to hold off not to mention the VR tech is still in in its infancy. It's the future but it'll take a while for it to get to a must have level for the majority of people, think of the tech like what BlackBerry was in the early 00's before the iphone came out, still awesome but mostly for a certain crowd and it hadn't reached mainstream prices yet.

I doubt they're going to do anything that requires an expensive video card, any VR and AR will be done through a smartphone and/or tablet. Their target audience is kids, not adults with tons of disposable income and that like Nickelodeon.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:16 PM   #3582
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
You are not much better 'cubed. You also complain about cartoons for kids, so...
Trying to point out the obvious to the deranged is like trying to get the dollar bill attached to the end of mr.burns street string before smithers pulls away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The word gimmick is overused, especially when people don't like new features.

You'll note I didn't say I didn't like it. I said they are USING it to prop up a show that they think needs an extra help push. If a show doesn't need help, it doesn't get the extra VR push.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 03-07-2018, 02:33 PM   #3583
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He's about 10 years older than me, still works in fast food at the age of 40, and gets angry about kids cartoons. Who knows.
At least he has a job and leaves the house, right?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #3584
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I didn't know I was upgraded to the Fast Food industry. nice. Free Fries. I can quit my job as a lawn care taker.

Old 03-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #3585
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Are you being serious? I've been working full-time since I was 25. (I'm now a little over 30).
Old 03-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #3586
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
He's about 10 years older than me, still works in fast food at the age of 40, and gets angry about kids cartoons. Who knows.
There is nothing wrong in working in a fast food restaurant, it's still a job and helps you pay the bills.

I've worked for McDonalds for 14 years and i'm lucky i've got a job, as a lot of other shops and businesses have gone into administration/closed down leaving a lot of people unemployed. I can't imagine it happening to McDonalds so I reckon it's one of the safest jobs to work for.

Last edited by Vicky82; 03-07-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:38 PM   #3587
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
IIRC Cubed works at the airport. That’s what I thought Katie or someone said in a different thread. So he does leave the house.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #3588
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Assuming it's not the old Fisher Price airport, right?

Spoiler:
Old 03-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #3589
Shark_Blade
Emperor

What's with the personal attacks in here? Calm down, any law abiding profession is good enough for living, get off your high horse.

Talk about turtles, that's what we're here for.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #3590
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
What's with the personal attacks in here? C

I think it's cubeds profession.
He never lets up and never gives an inch and always strikes first.

Imagine if he gave that much dedication to something actually worthwhile. then I wouldn't have to report him so much, hoping for his banning one glorious day.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #3591
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
not seein it

Old 03-07-2018, 07:46 PM   #3592
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Are you being serious? I've been working full-time since I was 25. (I'm now a little over 30).
I feel so bad for any casual who happens to mention anything remotely tmnt related in your presence as you go to and from work.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #3593
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I feel so bad for any casual who happens to mention anything remotely tmnt related in your presence as you go to and from work.
Nobody in the real world knows anything about TMNT.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:22 AM   #3594
Xav
Foot Elite

So you admit you don't live in the real world.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:29 AM   #3595
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nobody really knows about TMNT beyond the basics, or some show/movie they watched 20 years ago.

Maybe its a bit more mainstream with kids who grew up with the 2012 Nick show, but they're still early teens now so you have to wait until they age into early 20 year olds.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:47 AM   #3596
Vicky82
Emperor

Character descriptions have been released on Nick.com. Someone posted them on Tumblr with the website but as i'm from UK I can't go on there, so someone else needs to post the link.

Just found out the info is from a hidden page on the playmates site and can't get a link for it.

Quote:
Leonardo “The Trickster”

A red-eared slider turtle, Leonardo is intelligent and quick-witted. He uses his sharp skills to beat opponents and find shortcuts around obstacles. And he always knows the perfect time to land one of his many one-liners!

Donatello “The Tech Whiz”

Donatello is the coolest tech whiz ever! Being a soft-shell turtle may be a drawback in the ninja world, but with his series of battle shells and transforming bo staffs, Donnie can take on any foe!

Michelangelo “The Wild Card”

Youngest of the group, Michelangelo has a wild and colorful personality. He’s an artist and spends his time tagging the Turtles’ lair—and his own box turtle shell—with graffiti. He’s an eternal optimist and an absolute natural at ninjutsu.

Raphael “The Muscles”

As the biggest and oldest brother, Raphael is the self-appointed leader of the group. He thinks he can use his fists to get himself out of any situation. But while Raph’s mucles are bigger than his brain, his heart is bigger than his muscles.

Baron Draxum “The Maker of Mutants”

An alchemist warrior mutant from the Hidden City, Baron Draxum is the self-proclaimed protector of all mutant-kind. Using ooze, he plans to mutate all of humanity with his insect-like creatures called Oozesquitoes.

Splinter “The Chill Master”

Once human and now a mutated rat, Splinter is an eccentric mentor to his turtle sons, training them in the art of ninjutsu. Well, when he’s not watching game shows and Lou Jitsu move marathons, that is! His tail is a weapon that can take on any TV remote!

Origami Ninja “The Confetti Commandos”

The Foot Clan is a group of evil ninjas bent on taking over New York City! They have the power of teleportation through hidden gateways and the ability to create and control Origami Ninjas.

April “The Street-Smart Best Friend”

April is a true New Yorker and a real firecracker: upbeat, wisecracking, and confident. As the Turtles’ only ally, she loves them like brothers—and along with her pet, Mayhem, joins them on all their epic adventures.

Meat Sweats “The Tenderizer”

Once a human celebrity chef, Meat Sweats is now an incredibly strong mutant pig with a menacing meat tenderizer hammer and arms made of strange tendrils that latch onto other mutants to absorb their power!
So it's been confirmed Splinter used to be Human.

Last edited by Vicky82; 03-08-2018 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:52 AM   #3597
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm excited for this wackiness.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 03-08-2018, 06:47 AM   #3598
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post

Nice. He still looks like a rabid rat though.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:40 AM   #3599
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Sounds like Splinter was once Hamato Yoshi in this continuity too.

Are they recycling Pizza Face's backstory for Meat Sweats?
Old 03-08-2018, 08:15 AM   #3600
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Character descriptions have been released on Nick.com. Someone posted them on Tumblr with the website but as i'm from UK I can't go on there, so someone else needs to post the link.

Just found out the info is from a hidden page on the playmates site and can't get a link for it.

So they are trying to built Baron Draxum as a Magneto.

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters