The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2018, 12:47 PM   #561
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,807
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #562
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
... classy...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #563
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,775
Meh, I've seen worse from better.

Back on topic:
Quote:
In a recent interview, Henry Cavill expressed concerns about dating in the #metoo era. But what does it mean when men say they're afraid to flirt now?
https://twitter.com/DrNerdLove/statu...43133462261761
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 07-13-2018 at 01:02 PM.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #564
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,763
Superman star Henry Cavill explains why he's hesitant to flirt or try to date anyone in the #MeToo era because he might be falsely accused of being a rapist or sexual harasser. So of course they call him a rapist and sexual harasser for this "unfounded" fear.



On a more serious note what is sad about all this behavior is that it's causing great harm to a real issue. With all the crazy going on you have the likes of many in this thread who don't take this issue seriously but it's only those extremists that are ruining it for the real victims.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:40 PM   #565
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
On a more serious note what is sad about all this behavior is that it's causing great harm to a real issue. With all the crazy going on you have the likes of many in this thread who don't take this issue seriously but it's only those extremists that are ruining it for the real victims.
I absolutely think there are jerks that still sexually harass people out there. and it's a very real issue that needs to be taken seriously.

on the other hand, you have the online world where people are either one extreme or the other, and when you translate that kind of craziness into real world claims (and there are people just as crazy IRL as there are online in the way people act) ....it's sometimes hard to know what you should take seriously, and what you shouldn't. because there absolutely ARE women who will make stuff up just to get revenge on someone they don't like. hell, men will do that kind of behavior too..and it's probably just as common.


-edit - previous post deleted. when you see half a conversation, you take stuff out of context, cause it does seem bizarre to read.
__________________
'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #566
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,775
Sub-texual apology accepted.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #567
Papenbrook
❍ Omigosh ❍
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ✮ I'm inside my own head! ✮
Posts: 1,716
What's the update on Melanie Martinez?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #568
BartAllen
Stone Warrior
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I absolutely think there are jerks that still sexually harass people out there. and it's a very real issue that needs to be taken seriously.

on the other hand, you have the online world where people are either one extreme or the other, and when you translate that kind of craziness into real world claims (and there are people just as crazy IRL as there are online in the way people act) ....it's sometimes hard to know what you should take seriously, and what you shouldn't. because there absolutely ARE women who will make stuff up just to get revenge on someone they don't like. hell, men will do that kind of behavior too..and it's probably just as common.


-edit - previous post deleted. when you see half a conversation, you take stuff out of context, cause it does seem bizarre to read.
Exactly. There are definitely assholes out there that think they can get away with some inappropriate stuff. That said, the pountmetoo movement feels like a witch hunt at this point. It just does, and I don't blame Cavill for thinking the way he does.
__________________
Presented without comment. Make up your own mind about this situation.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59001
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
autobotbenz=tagabuser

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.