The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 02:01 AM   #201
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Nice.

Though now I gotta ask who has [what appears to be or resembles] pink post-it notes and why are they on the actors. Here, too: http://36.media.tumblr.com/483e1b279...n80o2_1280.jpg
It's distinguish left and the right side of the wire-frame skeleton the motion capture is going on to. So that the animators won't mistake the left arm for the right arm when animating. Red is left side and green is the right side, while yellow is the torso.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:20 AM   #202
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Actually I meant on their helmets. (I realize the marks on the suits are for that purpose.)

Link I included there seriously looks like Alan has a Post-It/sticky note on his helmet. Never paid much attention until the newest pic, but only the second pic I've noticed that it appears to be slapped on there. Just a curiosity. Someone sticking production notes on the actors? lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-07-2015 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:49 AM   #203
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

ah, didn't notice those.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:08 PM   #204
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Alan (raphael) Richardson posted this on twitter

Alan Ritchson ‏@alanritchson 31s31 seconds ago

That's a wrap! Very proud of this film. It looks bigger and better than the first and features way more turtle power. #Raphael #TMNT2 #2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Wow they are done.

I wonder the filming on Thursday is just for stunts.
Something I saw yesterday still said they were looking for a body double for Rocksteady, so betting you're probably right about that. Maybe it's just moving on to stunt guys now?

Little sad that the Turtles' actors are done, they're the ones I enjoy seeing pics of.

Alright Alan, since you guys already have one under your ninja belts, going to trust that there really is more Turtles in this - hopefully Turtles focus/perspective - but ultimately that's up to editing... so trust you, but won't hold it against you.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #205
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Stephen Amell just posted this on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamel...83754605043141

Facebook. It happened. I played Casey Jones. The movie is going to come out in theaters - JUNE 3rd, 2016!!! - and everything. What a surreal experience. Went from an all nighter in Vancouver to finish up Arrow straight to New York via Calgary and the adventure began. I'd like to thank some people: Drew and Brad at Platinum Dunes showed a lot of faith in a guy who'd never done a studio feature film. Liz at Paramount followed through on a great meeting over a year ago and we got to work together. All the cast: Laura, Megan, Will, Stephen, Gary, Brian and of course, The Turtles: Noel, Pete, Jeremy and Alan. You guys had me at ease on Day 1. Thanks for being so welcoming. To Dave, Dave again, Pablo and Alex... that's a great directing quartet right there. And of course Dennis: You are one of a kind. Matt helming the A Camera, you are a tour de force my friend. And Lula... you just make **** look cool. To Eve & Gary, I'd simply be wretched without you. And to Pete, Chris, Randy and Tim, thanks for knocking with just the right amount of authority. Lastly, thank you to Spiro & Jim for what was - undoubtedly - the greatest professional week of my life. When you see Casey's final action sequence just know that it's stunt man free save for one small shot because these two put their trust in me. Also, because they're insane. I lost 8 pounds over the course of five shooting days. So there we have it. The list could go on but this will have to do for now. I'm so proud of the work we put forth over the last three months. And just like that, production begins on the 70th episode of Arrow this Monday. Now that's what I call a hiatus! SA
Old 07-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #206
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

When did this start shooting? I want to say it was in May but that could be wrong. That's a pretty short principal photography shoot for a movie this size unless they have a bunch of stunt shooting to go.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:13 PM   #207
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
When did this start shooting? I want to say it was in May but that could be wrong. That's a pretty short principal photography shoot for a movie this size unless they have a bunch of stunt shooting to go.
They started shooting in April, I think.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #208
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I read that filming is done on July 19, So that's like what 4 months of filming?
Old 07-07-2015, 06:23 PM   #209
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
They started shooting in April, I think.
Yep, you're right. They started filming at the beginning of April. That's a more realistic shoot.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:26 PM   #210
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Yep, you're right. They started filming at the beginning of April. That's a more realistic shoot.
I heard they are gonna be filming more stuff, Possibly action scenes with stunt doubles, and then July 19 will be the final day of filming for the sequel.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:33 PM   #211
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, actually it was later April, just before my b-day so it's been easy to remember. So, around/almost three months.

Sounds so short for something so big, but three months I guess is about average for a regular film (or so it has usually seemed to me), and of course that doesn't include the months of post production still to come. Now our boys can go on to get added in courtesy of their awesome actors.

Edit: If we want to get technical, they did those early things - the basketball stuff - in March, I believe. Though there was space between that the rest of the filming.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #212
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, actually it was later April, just before my b-day so it's been easy to remember. So, around/almost three months.

Sounds so short for something so big, but three months I guess is about average for a regular film (or so it has usually seemed to me), and of course that doesn't include the months of post production still to come. Now our boys can go on to get added in courtesy of their awesome actors.

Edit: If we want to get technical, they did those early things - the basketball stuff - in March, I believe. Though there was space between that the rest of the filming.
Not to mention, They film a lot of stuff in the studios.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #213
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Alan (raphael) Richardson posted this on twitter

Alan Ritchson ‏@alanritchson 31s31 seconds ago

That's a wrap! Very proud of this film. It looks bigger and better than the first and features way more turtle power. #Raphael #TMNT2 #2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I saw that, Gotta take his word for it, if he says its better then the first, and more Turtle Power? Could mean the movie has more Turtles this time.
https://twitter.com/alanritchson/sta...02507862564864
Boy, this all sounds super familiar!

I wonder what else they're going to promise us that won't be in there this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #214
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post

I wonder what else they're going to promise us that won't be in there this time?
I doubt he's lying when he says this will be better than the first one. Seriously, this movie has Bebop and Rocksteady... that already makes this better than the first. May not be a good movie, but it's gonna be "better."
Old 07-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #215
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post

And a month into shooting they were saying they still weren't 100% sure if a few Major Characters would be in it, or what the plot was.

What the hell were they pointing the goddamn camera at for half the shoot, if they had neither a script nor a basic plot?

WHAT are these f*cking people DOING?!

They should NOT be making movies. They are Not Good At It. Every Single Thing that they do, is done WRONG. And it's INFURIATING.

And this POS is gonna make twice what the first did. Talk about failing f*cking upwards.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 07-08-2015, 05:28 AM   #216
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And a month into shooting they were saying they still weren't 100% sure if a few Major Characters would be in it, or what the plot was.

What the hell were they pointing the goddamn camera at for half the shoot, if they had neither a script nor a basic plot?

WHAT are these f*cking people DOING?!

They should NOT be making movies. They are Not Good At It. Every Single Thing that they do, is done WRONG. And it's INFURIATING.

And this POS is gonna make twice what the first did. Talk about failing f*cking upwards.
Still trying to fit all YOUR favorite characters into this goddamn train wreck! Won't you love that!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:59 AM   #217
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Yea That's an awfully short filming timeframe even if the are doing stuff in the studio. Plus why would you wrap all your main actors if you still have studio shooting to do? And didn't we only see like 3 major shots filmed? Most if thenpics insaw where them doing nothing for a solid 3 months ...i knkw they dont release alot but still.....Funny how they wanted actors to portray the turtles so they could get look alike expressions but are now using stunt doubles
Old 07-08-2015, 06:18 AM   #218
HeroTurtlesFan
Hench Mutant

So filming has finished. Liked the Arnell post quoted above.

There's plenty of negativity around here. But I am looking forward to this!
Old 07-08-2015, 07:21 AM   #219
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, of course Alan is going to say that. He's not going to say anything negative, but they said that sh*t the first time how it was awesome and people were going to like it. Yeah, that was a load of sh*t. The only redeeming feature we're gonna get is that Bebop and Rocksteady are in it, and that's not saying much.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #220
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

The short filming doesn't really bother me. I guarantee you they filmed half of this **** in front of a green screen, so that's why it was quicker than the last one. Why build a set when you can have a green screen? -_-
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation