The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #2101
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Well, Sophie, that's pretty much how the majority of returning characters in the Nick Show can be described. If it makes you feel any better, the next show will probably pretend it's immediate predecessor never happened, so most likely you won't see Skele-Rahzar anymore.
And that's fine, any character is valid regardless of the inspiration or whatever. It's true that most of the Nick incarnations are that way, you're right. Rahzar, Tokka, Alopex (at least she's some type of fox), Mona Lisa, Wyrm... Lots of weird choices. It's like they make up a new character and then throw the old fans a bone by re-using names.

Quote:
Just wait a little less than one month and the show only has three episodes left to release, which are most likely going to get dumped on DVD soon after as well, the show is probably going to be over this year for all practical purposes.

Anyway, what about Gamera-Tokka? How do you feel about that?
I haven't watched the show since around season 2 but I've seen snippets since then, Nick Tokka seems cool, I like the design, but it has nothing to do with the original Tokka, haha. Which again is fine, it's a new character, and I'm sure the show's target audience has no idea about the old 1991 movie Tokka.

Anyway, my point was that there's definitely room in IDW TMNT for a spin on the original Tokka and Rahzar. I don't want to derail this thread any more than I have!
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:10 AM   #2102
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are there any plans for Wingnut/Screwloose or Scumbug to get a story? We only saw quick cameos of them in the Rocksteady/Bebop Destroy Everything Mini but nothing since.

Would be nice to get a Universe issue or two about them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:20 AM   #2103
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
And that's fine, any character is valid regardless of the inspiration or whatever. It's true that most of the Nick incarnations are that way, you're right. Rahzar, Tokka, Alopex (at least she's some type of fox), Mona Lisa, Wyrm... Lots of weird choices. It's like they make up a new character and then throw the old fans a bone by re-using names.

I haven't watched the show since around season 2 but I've seen snippets since then, Nick Tokka seems cool, I like the design, but it has nothing to do with the original Tokka, haha. Which again is fine, it's a new character, and I'm sure the show's target audience has no idea about the old 1991 movie Tokka.

Anyway, my point was that there's definitely room in IDW TMNT for a spin on the original Tokka and Rahzar. I don't want to derail this thread any more than I have!
I'm not a fan of the Nick TMNT versions of Mona Lisa, Rahzar, & Tokka, they are just new characters who been slapped the names of the originals, I hope you guys can bring the original characters in the IDW Comics, it would be interesting to bring Mona Lisa into the comics, she could be a new member of the Mutanimals, but if I'm not mistaken, Old Hob is not a fan of human born mutants, I hope at some point he changes his views on that, the original Mutanimals were a combination of human born, and animal born mutants.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #2104
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are there any plans for Wingnut/Screwloose or Scumbug to get a story? We only saw quick cameos of them in the Rocksteady/Bebop Destroy Everything Mini but nothing since.

Wingnut/Screwloose is definitely a mutant I want to see more of.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #2105
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
Wingnut/Screwloose is definitely a mutant I want to see more of.
They were actually aliens in the Archie comics, and also part of the Mutanimals, but would love to see those two show up too.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #2106
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

No plans at this time.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #2107
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm not a fan of the Nick TMNT versions of Mona Lisa, Rahzar, & Tokka, they are just new characters who been slapped the names of the originals, I hope you guys can bring the original characters in the IDW Comics, it would be interesting to bring Mona Lisa into the comics, she could be a new member of the Mutanimals, but if I'm not mistaken, Old Hob is not a fan of human born mutants, I hope at some point he changes his views on that, the original Mutanimals were a combination of human born, and animal born mutants.
Once Lindsey mutates, she is going to become Mona Lisa (I don't like this name!) and Hob is going to change his opinion on human born mutants.

Sophie, than you for your input! It's really interesting to know that one of the IDW creators doesn't like the current cartoon. For me it's exactly the opposite. I've grown up with Fred Wolf one and REALLY despise the original Mirage, FW, Archie and the movies. I think the ideas were great, but they needed the grown up execution. Therefor IDW IS PERFECT, as was 4Kids and Nick now (love both shows!!!). I understand that most ideas originated from the 80-ies and I am thank-/respectfull for them, but I see them mostly as a fantastic quarry. To stay by this metaphor Mirage/FW/Archie found a marmor quarry, but IDW/4Kids/Nick are the real Michelangelo!!!

Long live Skeleto-Rahzar! And Sophie, THANK YOU for AMAZING "Karai's Path" right now! And for Pepperoni. And for Northampton. You are great and keep it up!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:34 PM   #2108
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Hey Bobby, I hope this question isn't too nosy, but is TMNT universe in any trouble right now sales-wise? I really hope this series will be able to continue!
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:43 PM   #2109
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Hey Bobby, I hope this question isn't too nosy, but is TMNT universe in any trouble right now sales-wise? I really hope this series will be able to continue!
You guys are spazzing over nothing. Universe is still a top 5 IDW book. In July it was only beaten by MLP, a new #1 (Diablo House), and 2 other TMNT comics.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #2110
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

What's the minimum order quantity for creating a variant cover?
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:05 PM   #2111
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
IDW Slash and Tokka are both big turtles but they're different characters with different roles
For a second I read this as IDW Tokka as well, not Tokka in general, and thought that it was a subtle hint.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:08 AM   #2112
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Generally 1000 but some places (Jetpack especially) have been able to get away with less. Rich Horn is probably best placed to answer that here
Old 08-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #2113
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Yeah, it's doing fine. I'd like to see it stick where it is, but it's fine for the time being.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #2114
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
1200 for new art, 1000 for art that already exists. At least that what it was when we ran these things individually as editors... we have someone in the company that handles these orders now, so my info might be out of date.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:10 PM   #2115
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Generally 1000 but some places (Jetpack especially) have been able to get away with less. Rich Horn is probably best placed to answer that here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
1200 for new art, 1000 for art that already exists. At least that what it was when we ran these things individually as editors... we have someone in the company that handles these orders now, so my info might be out of date.
Thanks guys! I would really like to get something setup. If anyone has any contact info to get this kicked off, let me know. I'll also hit up Jet Pack and see what they can do.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:14 PM   #2116
Powder
So tired of this place

Hey Bobby, re: Cryin' Houn-

He was an Elvis parody, obviously, but the issue was released on the 40th anniversary of Elvis' passing. Did you guys actually plan for that? 'Cause that'd be one hell of a coincidence, if not.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:08 PM   #2117
neatoman
Emperor

Why are you publishing Robotanimals? Is there a contractual obligation to release a certain number of Nick themed issues? Did you decide the Nick Turtles were worth one more series after the Batman crossover sold so well? Did you simply have a few completed issues that were postponed due to the crossover? Did you simply feel like it?

It just seems a little strange to me that you would publish a comic tie-in to show that's basically over when the last issue hits, especially when the previous tie-ins ended up getting outright cancelled. Don't mean to be rude, just a little confused
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #2118
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Bobby,

Obviously in regards to Cryin' Hound, you got a lot going on with Houndamania being a play on Hulkamania, and the whole Elvis/Honkey Tonk Man gimmick, but it would totally make my day if when Cryin Hound is picking out his partner that part of his dialogue is in homage to Ric Flair's iconic promo from Royal Rumble 1992 after he wins the title..."a tear in my eye". Am I reading too much into that?
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:01 PM   #2119
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Hey Bobby, re: Cryin' Houn-

He was an Elvis parody, obviously, but the issue was released on the 40th anniversary of Elvis' passing. Did you guys actually plan for that? 'Cause that'd be one hell of a coincidence, if not.
Complete coincidence.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #2120
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
Bobby,

Obviously in regards to Cryin' Hound, you got a lot going on with Houndamania being a play on Hulkamania, and the whole Elvis/Honkey Tonk Man gimmick, but it would totally make my day if when Cryin Hound is picking out his partner that part of his dialogue is in homage to Ric Flair's iconic promo from Royal Rumble 1992 after he wins the title..."a tear in my eye". Am I reading too much into that?
That's a question for Aubrey Sitterson. He's a big wrestling guy, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz