The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-13-2007, 04:31 AM   #1
Hellboy
Thug

New Playmates' TMNT site

Click here.

Be sure to check out "contests & promos" where you can order the exclusive Bigfoot monster!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:50 AM   #2
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Wow that's awsome!
And I wonder what the new mini mutants are going to be!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Wow that's awsome!
And I wonder what the new mini mutants are going to be!
I hope they're the ones they pictured in the box set. They have different ones sold in the Family Dollar 1 dollar assortment.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:44 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Wuh, the only way to get the Bigfoot monster is through that promotion! Crap.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 AM   #5
Roseangelo
Emperor

Buying three more figures is easy enough, but time your purchases carefully! The Bigfoot promotion doesn't start until September 1.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
Splinter's Iroonna
Hench Mutant

OOOO! I'm swiping your link!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #7
mattmanw54301
Foot Soldier

Looks like Shredder, Sloth Monster, and my extra Foot Ninja will have to wait till September!!!
mattmanw54301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

So wait, can we use our UPC proof of purchase from the old wave of movie figures?

I still have the cardboard backs of all the basic movie figures released so far. So can I just cut out three UPC's from like Karai, April and Casey and mail those in? Or do the UPC's have to be from the new wave of movie figures like the Sloth Monster, Shredder and the new Turtles?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see they want proof of the date on the receipts.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #9
Leonardo19
Foot Soldier

Glad to see they finally did something with the site. I like the look. Can't wait to send off for my Bigfoot Monster!
Leonardo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Wow...cool promotion...fortunately, we don't have to wait too long before the contest begins...
Old 08-13-2007, 09:48 PM   #11
Krueger
Hench Mutant

Cutting the boxes is a big 'No No' for me. I gotta do it to three of 'em? Blah! I guess I have no choice. I want this figure.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #12
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Actually, the proof of purchases are on the bottom of the inset, not the card. So it shouldn't be that bad, so long as you use a good sharp scissor and do a clean job. That's what I'm gonna do.

Is there a limit to how many of these you can send for, and do the UPCs actually have to come off figures bought after September 1st?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:46 AM   #13
ferret
Thug

Thumbs down

Check out the new "Auto-Attack" figures. Ugh. I think I'll pass on those.
ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #14
Krueger
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_CJJ View Post
Actually, the proof of purchases are on the bottom of the inset, not the card. So it shouldn't be that bad, so long as you use a good sharp scissor and do a clean job. That's what I'm gonna do.

Is there a limit to how many of these you can send for, and do the UPCs actually have to come off figures bought after September 1st?
Hmmm...you may hoave to do it for me to then. It only says one "One per envelope" in the fine print. I'm sure as you keep buying and sending the checks, they'll be fine.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #15
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
Check out the new "Auto-Attack" figures. Ugh. I think I'll pass on those.
Yeah it's funny those where Fast Forward toys and now that they arent doing that series anymore they just ploped movie figures down into them.
Really doesn't make sence now.....
Old 08-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #16
ferret
Thug

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Yeah it's funny those where Fast Forward toys and now that they arent doing that series anymore they just ploped movie figures down into them.
Really doesn't make sence now.....
Yeah instead of all these turtle variants they should do new characters, like...the other monsters maybe? That would be cool to have all 13 of them. The monster that chased the van in the movie would be nice.
I dont think any of the turtle variants ever were really as good as the orig ones. But of course the variants are what the turtle line is all about. I mean (when you're a kid) you dont go top the store to buy Ace Duck and Mondo Gecko (atleast I didnt.) You go for skateboarding Mike! It would be nice if the new turtle variants were half as good as the old ones...
Old 08-14-2007, 04:57 PM   #17
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I thought Big Foot comes with Splinter in a two pack?

I love how not one of those toy store links leads to a site that has the new figures on them.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #18
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
Yeah instead of all these turtle variants they should do new characters, like...the other monsters maybe? That would be cool to have all 13 of them. The monster that chased the van in the movie would be nice.
I dont think any of the turtle variants ever were really as good as the orig ones. But of course the variants are what the turtle line is all about. I mean (when you're a kid) you dont go top the store to buy Ace Duck and Mondo Gecko (atleast I didnt.) You go for skateboarding Mike! It would be nice if the new turtle variants were half as good as the old ones...
I must of been a differnt kid then because I always went after all the brand new characters every time a new one was released if was sort of a game with my cousin and I to see who could find the new characters first man I miss those days.
I was a poor kid growing up so I always passed on the countless ninja turtle veriants I liked them to have bad guys and new friends allot more.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #19
Head Spinnin' Bebop
Foot Soldier

Awesome! Though, yea, Big Foot is supposed to come with Splinter? I guess that was nixed.

Playmates sucks though with the way the handle stuff among some other things, they're one of the only ones I know that wont at the very least off their promotions to Canada too. I mean geez, I can see some overseas and international places, but its still North America here, same box office, same region. They did the same thing with Simpsons. I'll have to get some help with Bigfoot like I did last time with the Simpsons.

Oh and when I was a little kid, I always went for the new guys too, I didnt buy variants unless they were really cool. That always turned me off lines when there were not enough secondary characters.

Last edited by Head Spinnin' Bebop; 08-14-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Head Spinnin' Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #20
ferret
Thug

I guess i was just a wierd kid then. I always went for the nice new bright displays. Mind you I was only like 5 or something. I barely knew what a Ninja Turtle was. The only episodes I had watched was the first two that my brother taped for me. I wonder how many variants Playmates will dish out this year from the movie? LOL I can see Wind-Up I.T. Tech Support Don. Wind him up and watch him bang his head on his desk in frustration. Complete with Mutant Coffee Canister and Turtle glazed doughnut.