The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2017, 03:41 PM   #21
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,508
IDW could go back to all red bandanas, maybe when they off Splinter and then future generations of Turtles could DEFINITELY pick up on that.... :Lol:
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #22
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,557
Going back to red masks would be an insult at this point.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #23
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Going back to red masks would be an insult at this point.
How do you figure it's an insult? It's terrible so many people like something that was changed only because the cartoon people felt kids were too stupid to tell them apart otherwise...
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:58 PM   #24
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,557
Red evokes thoughts of Mirage, & the IDW series, while still very dope, has strayed very, very far from Mirage. I don't wanna see red masked turtles dealing with Krang or whatever Playmates mutant they decide to bring in. That would only further cement the idea that those sorts of things are all TMNT is or should ever be, as casuals would by extension even associate the original comics with Fred Wolfisms.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #25
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior
 
tmntfannumerouno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Red evokes thoughts of Mirage, & the IDW series, while still very dope, has strayed very, very far from Mirage. I don't wanna see red masked turtles dealing with Krang or whatever Playmates mutant they decide to bring in. That would only further cement the idea that those sorts of things are all TMNT is or should ever be, as casuals would by extension even associate the original comics with Fred Wolfisms.
I understand your disdain for all things fred wolf but damm even God took a day off.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:51 PM   #26
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
I understand your disdain for all things fred wolf
Not quite well considering I have autographs from the cast, hand-painted production backgrounds, complete series on DVD, virtually all the toys, walls collaged in posters, a tattoo of them... I'm a bigger fan of the OT than most people. Just 'cause I'm sick of its influence doesn't mean I hate it.

Zaps & I are talking. Move along, son.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:59 PM   #27
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not quite well considering I have autographs from the cast, hand-painted production backgrounds, complete series on DVD, virtually all the toys, walls collaged in posters, a tattoo of them... I'm a bigger fan of the OT than most people. Just 'cause I'm sick of its influence doesn't mean I hate it.

Zaps & I are talking. Move along, son.
Yeah man. For real. I'm the one that doesn't care at all at the Wolfs continued degredation of all further versions of Turtles.

I'd like to see Krang go away, never see or hear "Kraang" again...
Bebop & Rocksteady left naked on some animal planet, forever....
Shredder stay dead for a good, long time...
The creation of a villain or villains that have more substance...
Triceratons.
Utroms more and more... name one Krang but zero focus on him if you must.

Serious tone to the stories... Lets have some focus on the Ninja part, grow them past the Teenage part and stop mutating the masses for fun... Just throw a random two part comic stpryline of a future Raph, alone, grumpy as heck kicking small rodents and grumbling... of Mikey writing or drawing (and maybe mimick some of the current writers/artists lives)... Give Donnie a big invention that changes things but he has to let April or someone else take the credit for it... Leo get more training... Exile for something crazy.

I like linear tales.... but I also like short bits and pieces that don't otherwise add to the long game other than telling a great story. Which is why I dig the randomness of the Mirage tales... Tales of had some great stories, even if not all of them had proper conclusions...
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:14 PM   #28
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Yeah man. For real. I'm the one that doesn't care at all at the Wolfs continued degredation of all further versions of Turtles.

I'd like to see Krang go away, never see or hear "Kraang" again...
Bebop & Rocksteady left naked on some animal planet, forever....
Shredder stay dead for a good, long time...
The creation of a villain or villains that have more substance...
Triceratons.
Utroms more and more... name one Krang but zero focus on him if you must.

Serious tone to the stories... Lets have some focus on the Ninja part, grow them past the Teenage part and stop mutating the masses for fun... Just throw a random two part comic stpryline of a future Raph, alone, grumpy as heck kicking small rodents and grumbling... of Mikey writing or drawing (and maybe mimick some of the current writers/artists lives)... Give Donnie a big invention that changes things but he has to let April or someone else take the credit for it... Leo get more training... Exile for something crazy.

I like linear tales.... but I also like short bits and pieces that don't otherwise add to the long game other than telling a great story. Which is why I dig the randomness of the Mirage tales... Tales of had some great stories, even if not all of them had proper conclusions...
This would be great for another comic incarnation be like this down the line, but I never want to see any of these things happen to IDW continuity. IDW is it's own thing now, Fred Wolf elements and all. It's far more lighthearted and full of hope than mirage, and turning it into Mirage-lite at this juncture would be an insult to both Mirage and IDW.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 09-05-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:48 PM   #29
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
I understand your disdain for all things fred wolf but damm even God took a day off.
Ha, ha!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:04 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 11,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Red evokes thoughts of Mirage, & the IDW series, while still very dope, has strayed very, very far from Mirage. I don't wanna see red masked turtles dealing with Krang or whatever Playmates mutant they decide to bring in.
Yes, agreed.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cybercucked, panda_cuck_fan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.