The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #2741
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Maybe! It'd be cool to see our characters in upcoming stuff. We were never told about Alopex in the 2012 cartoon, so we don't get any sort of heads up on that stuff.

And can't give any possible spoilers about future stuff in our comics, sorry!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:47 PM   #2742
ChosenOne
Banned

One question I hope isn't too spoilery: after #50, the pace was considerably slowed down for the first couple of arcs and it took a while for the story to fire up again. Can we expect the same slow boil immediately after #100, or do you want to hit the ground running with whatever the new status quo will be?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:43 PM   #2743
Igglet

Tying into ChosenOne's question, can we expect the status quo to change on a drastic scale like it did with #50 or should we not expect something so gamechanging?
Old 01-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #2744
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
One question I hope isn't too spoilery: after #50, the pace was considerably slowed down for the first couple of arcs and it took a while for the story to fire up again. Can we expect the same slow boil immediately after #100, or do you want to hit the ground running with whatever the new status quo will be?
Can't say, sorry!
Old 01-28-2019, 02:49 PM   #2745
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Tying into ChosenOne's question, can we expect the status quo to change on a drastic scale like it did with #50 or should we not expect something so gamechanging?
And yeah, I know you guys are looking for vague answers, but anything vague would reveal a lot at this point, I think.

We're still figuring out the loose ends of this year, regardless, so even if I wanted to, nothing concrete to be said now anyway.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #2746
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Why more often than not the IDW team doesn't give names to the stories in separate issues? We find them out mainly later, when the TPB comes out? Why not name the child right away? For example if issue 90 is not City at War #1, what the name of the story is?
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:38 PM   #2747
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

The only time we really name a story is if it serves some sort of specific purpose: usually marketing. For self contained issues, or for issues that aren't part of a specific story arc structure, there's usually no name because there's no need to name.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:59 PM   #2748
phillytmnt
Thug

Hey Bobby,

Is there going to be any time of promotional stuff ( interviews, previews, ect.) kicking off soon for the upcoming City at War story-line? I remember there being a lot done before the City Fall story-line. It seems like with a story potentially being as massive as City at War, IDW will start hyping it up and promoting it soon? I know I'm excited to here more about it!
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:42 PM   #2749
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

What made you guys want to switch the turtles' masks from red (like they were in Mirage) to the multicolored ones for later issues?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:10 AM   #2750
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
And yeah, I know you guys are looking for vague answers, but anything vague would reveal a lot at this point, I think.

We're still figuring out the loose ends of this year, regardless, so even if I wanted to, nothing concrete to be said now anyway.
Fair, I get what you mean exactly, no worries. Excited to see what you come up with!

Here's another somewhat related question that should be easier to answer- how far into the development of the run's story past #100 are you? As in, have you decided on what the arc after City at War is going to be, how far into it are you, any long term plans etc. Might be a dumb question but I'm just curious as to how much of the story you've got planned out in advance at this time, how far into figuring it all out you guys are and how much you'll be making it up as you go.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:10 AM   #2751
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytmnt View Post
Hey Bobby,

Is there going to be any time of promotional stuff ( interviews, previews, ect.) kicking off soon for the upcoming City at War story-line? I remember there being a lot done before the City Fall story-line. It seems like with a story potentially being as massive as City at War, IDW will start hyping it up and promoting it soon? I know I'm excited to here more about it!
I know we have various promotional items going out to comic book stores over the next couple of months, and I suspect there will be some interviews. But I think we'll try and keep as much of the plot a secret as we can...
Old 01-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #2752
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
What made you guys want to switch the turtles' masks from red (like they were in Mirage) to the multicolored ones for later issues?
You'd have to ask Tom specifically I think, as I believe it was primarily his idea. But I think he just wanted to give a nod to the all red at the start of the run to acknowledge the importance of those stories in the past.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:41 AM   #2753
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Fair, I get what you mean exactly, no worries. Excited to see what you come up with!

Here's another somewhat related question that should be easier to answer- how far into the development of the run's story past #100 are you? As in, have you decided on what the arc after City at War is going to be, how far into it are you, any long term plans etc. Might be a dumb question but I'm just curious as to how much of the story you've got planned out in advance at this time, how far into figuring it all out you guys are and how much you'll be making it up as you go.
Not very much, though now that we're getting into the final details of #100, more possible story routes are opening up. The best I can do is say about how much we had in mind at this point before #50: we knew Splinter was going to kill Shredder and would take over the Foot. I think we knew Mike would go on his own for a bit. We knew we wanted to introduce Leatherhead. And I think we had a faint inkling that we'd do some sort of Trial of Krang storyline at some point.

Aaaand I think that's about it. We didn't know the particulars of those plot points or how we'd execute them. Just some general direction that we thought would make for some good story opportunities when we got to that point.

I'd say we've got about the same amount of stuff in mind now as we did then.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:03 AM   #2754
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Not very much, though now that we're getting into the final details of #100, more possible story routes are opening up. The best I can do is say about how much we had in mind at this point before #50: we knew Splinter was going to kill Shredder and would take over the Foot. I think we knew Mike would go on his own for a bit. We knew we wanted to introduce Leatherhead. And I think we had a faint inkling that we'd do some sort of Trial of Krang storyline at some point.
Asking as someone who dabbles in writing and is intensely curious about others' work methods, when you mention you guys knew plot point A or B, do you sometimes think of specific details (like, say, how Splinter would kill Shredder, Leatherhead's vendetta against Krang, that Krang would die after his trial, etc) and possible even develop the rest of the story around them sometimes, or is it all just broad strokes at that preliminary stage?
Old 01-29-2019, 11:04 AM   #2755
Igglet

Quote:

Aaaand I think that's about it. We didn't know the particulars of those plot points or how we'd execute them. Just some general direction that we thought would make for some good story opportunities when we got to that point.

I'd say we've got about the same amount of stuff in mind now as we did then.
That's very interesting to think about! Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:02 PM   #2756
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

So after city at war splinter won't be the leader of the foot anymore?
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:20 PM   #2757
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
So after city at war splinter won't be the leader of the foot anymore?
Don't think they can answer that question here.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:35 PM   #2758
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Don't think they can answer that question here.
Maybe around this time next year? Seriously though, there are only three ways this can end: he either keeps his position, steps down, or is forced down. Odds don't look too good for the rat man.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #2759
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

If I had spare money lying around to bet, I'd put $5 on death. Save for Slash breaking form, the "major-ist" deaths have been 25 issues apart from each other, so I don't see why #100 isn't going to have a devastating murderlation somewhere.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:39 PM   #2760
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
If I had spare money lying around to bet, I'd put $5 on death. Save for Slash breaking form, the "major-ist" deaths have been 25 issues apart from each other, so I don't see why #100 isn't going to have a devastating murderlation somewhere.
I can't believe you of all people are forgetting Krang.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz