The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #2681
IMJ
Emperor

So I found a Triceraton and Roadkill pack today but the story that comes with it is littered with nonsense.

On everyone's recommendation here, I set the two-packs up to be notified when in stock from the Target app. When I got up this morning I saw the convo here and checked the app on my own. To my surprise it says that the Triceraton pack is in stock at my store.

The BS that comes with it - no notification from the Target app even though I set it up. Supreme bull $#!(.

So I get in my car and question myself for even bothering with this stuff anymore, and I go to the Target. I walk in and there's nothing on the NECA shelf. Behind me I can hear two Target employees talking (one of them is the same guy I've known for years from an LCS who told me that the employees are buying this stuff as they drop into the store). I strike up lighthearted convo with them laughing about how the app said these were in stock, but of course they aren't. They say to each other that they saw "Bob" (or whoever) removing the old inventory and taking it into the back. I don't know what this means but I ask if they can check. The younger kid asks me which one's I'm looking for and I tell him "hey thank you for looking, man. I'm looking for any of them. I haven't found a single two pack in a year". He looks a little annoyed by me not having specifics. He goes in the back and comes back out with the Triceraton set - one of them and that's it. I tell him thank you and ask with a laugh - "that's all we've got back there?" He says that's it, I thank him and leave.

The BS that comes with it - why are these being stashed in the back? If it's evidence of employee scalpers, that's BS. If it's evidence of the store manager trying to stop employee scalpers that's still BS because it leaves it to too many nonsense variables for a consumer to extract one from "the back".

So a few miles away and on the way home is another Target. I stop there to test my luck. There's nothing on the shelves there although the girl that works in electronics and by the NECA stuff is there talking about one-per-customer baseball card packs or something like that with another shopper. She and I start chatting and she tells that she's pretty sure there isn't any Ninja Turtles stuff left. She says that they are expecting a "big" shipment on Friday though and she makes a big animated to-do about the word "big". Right away I'm feeling that she's basically full of $#!( because of the manipulative exaggeration, but I roll with it. Although I can't help but ask - "well that sounds great... um... but I thought a NECA rep managed this inventory independently of big shipments". Her response and....

The BS that comes with it..... is that they don't even have a NECA rep anymore. She says that she hasn't seen a rep in their store in weeks and that she thinks the last NECA rep quit because he was sick of getting into fights. I ask her what that means and she says that apparently people would see the NECA rep and cause him trouble and some people would just walk up and shove him and pick fights. I'm dumbfounded by this, but at the same time nothing surprises me anymore, although I can't help but wonder about the 360 degree total sum of whatever that was about.

I don't know. I got a Triceraton pack. I'm not even excited. This whole thing feels like ******** and it's not worth basically any negative energy. It's another fifty I could've thrown into the stock market. Honestly I don't even know why I'm hanging in there with these anymore - and I feel this way sitting here amidst a minor consumer success. I found a two pack.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #2682
teemu
Stone Warrior

That's why I have no problem paying extra to "scalpers" to not have to deal with let down after letdown in every retail store. The bottom line is if you are not at the store at the right place and the right time, you get nothing. I don't like paying more for things at all,but it beats the head ache of wasting my time, gas, wear and tear on my car to come up empty handed (and it happens every time). RETAIL sucks anymore. It will NEVER be like the glory days of the 80's and 90's of finding things in the store. So, sadly most of my buying these comes through, what you guys complain about, Scalpers. They do me a service for not having to deal with other collectors chasing everything out there and the retail stores.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:06 PM   #2683
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Apologies, as I can't figure out how to link it on mobile, but NECA just posted an update on Instagram. Basically, everything is pushed back and they apologized for the Target drop and will update us as soon as they have more info.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:07 PM   #2684
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
On everyone's recommendation here, I set the two-packs up to be notified when in stock from the Target app. When I got up this morning I saw the convo here and checked the app on my own. To my surprise it says that the Triceraton pack is in stock at my store.

The BS that comes with it - no notification from the Target app even though I set it up. Supreme bull $#!(
I'm not sure what you're saying here. The notification for the app is to alert you when things come instock online, not your local store. Granted it doesn't always work for THAT, but they haven't come online yet, and it will never notify you when a store gets something.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:09 PM   #2685
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Starting to think this one isn't going up online at all.
Came here to post the same. I think we missed the window for these to actually get online stock.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:13 PM   #2686
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Photos courtesy of Aleks over on Fwoosh.

Kinda bummed that Splinter/Baxter and Krang were pushed all the way to 2021. Heck, I'm even bummed we have to wait another few weeks for the next 2-pack. I've been having good luck though, I can understand that some people are getting burned out big time.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:21 PM   #2687
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
Oddly enough, Target by me showed nothing in stock and had 3 Traag and Grantior packs on the shelf... which I have already.

First time I've seen the Cartoon packs on shelf since early August with the Casey and Foot.
Which Target in Wisconsin?
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:37 PM   #2688
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Photos courtesy of Aleks over on Fwoosh.

Kinda bummed that Splinter/Baxter and Krang were pushed all the way to 2021. Heck, I'm even bummed we have to wait another few weeks for the next 2-pack. I've been having good luck though, I can understand that some people are getting burned out big time.
I missed all that news, NECA post that on Facebook? Did they say anything about the Rodney set going live on Target?
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:02 PM   #2689
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I sent a message to NECA yesterday for the online release and asking if they had any idea and no response
Old 10-27-2020, 04:28 PM   #2690
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
I missed all that news, NECA post that on Facebook? Did they say anything about the Rodney set going live on Target?
Posted on Instagram. Apologies I didn't link this in my earlier post as I was on my phone.

They also apologize for the Triceraton/Roadkill Rodney drop, but essentially say they're not sure what's going on with Target and will let us know when they have more information.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:51 PM   #2691
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasneeded4pain View Post
I'm not sure what you're saying here. The notification for the app is to alert you when things come instock online, not your local store. Granted it doesn't always work for THAT, but they haven't come online yet, and it will never notify you when a store gets something.
Okay. Point taken. Yet this somehow also solidified even further how it's still BS either way....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:27 PM   #2692
Tyrannozord27
Mouser

Greetings fellow turtle-heads,

I'd like to present myself, a long-time lurker involved in another turtles forum but wanted to enter the conversation here. I detect the presence of level heads (mostly lol) and conductive to sharing this very particular interest.

For a quick bg, I am a collector of both the cartoon and movie lines, which I am mostly caught up with (still seeking out a super shredder and film foot soldiers).

Quote:
Okay. Point taken. Yet this somehow also solidified even further how it's still BS either way....
I would not be surprised at all if next year, early next year even, Neca puts the 2 packs on their site. At least the more in-demand ones like Splinter and Krang-Android. There's been simply too much bull-s-h-i-t and angry fans from Neca to feign ignorance. There might be a contract with target for a limited run of store preorders, who knows, but I hope its not the last time we see the one-week PO system. At least that is my hope. Perhaps some of you guys know how well those particular sales did, though I suspect they weren't terrible.

Quote:
I don't know. This whole thing feels like ******** and it's not worth basically any negative energy.
I feel ya brother; it's become a stressful hobby (by choice) but you start to wonder if the effort/anger/patience is warranted given Necas cockiness around the issues with distribution/online sales. I give them credit for some things they did very well (the aforementioned 1 week PO system) however I suspect there is some hesitation to "preserve brand value." Who knows.
Tyrannozord27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:00 AM   #2693
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

I'd love the rock soldier set, since those characters never got a proper treatment from Playmates, but I'm simply not going to drive around to random Targets, especially when COVID numbers are spiking again, in search of them. It's really a shame that NECA and/or Target can't get their crap together--it's not even like these are some kind of numbered, ultra-limited release. At least then it would make sense why it's so difficult for so many people to get hold of the figures. But my goodness, even Bebop and Rocksteady, among the best known and most beloved characters outside of the turtles themselves, have been difficult to get. It's just not worth the hassle anymore.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:48 PM   #2694
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I gotta be honest. That Krang Android body isn't doing it for me. I don't really know why. If they put it up for preorder I will probably pick one up, but I won't be too upset if I don't find one otherwise.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:53 PM   #2695
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I gotta be honest. That Krang Android body isn't doing it for me. I don't really know why. If they put it up for preorder I will probably pick one up, but I won't be too upset if I don't find one otherwise.
For me, it's because his legs are way too thin and the stomach cavity is way too wide. Makes it look much fatter than it should be.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:30 PM   #2696
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
For me, it's because his legs are way too thin and the stomach cavity is way too wide. Makes it look much fatter than it should be.
He's going to fall over like crazy. The proportions work ok for me though. I remember his body varying wildly in the cartoon. I'm sure someone will post a frame where the figure isn't even close but I bet there are also plenty of frames where it's great.

What's funny is people went freaking nuts for that First Gokin Krang, yet it was much less accurate (for obvious reasons) and cost a lot more than I'm guessing this will. It's definitely not perfect but as long as it articulates and stands ok I'm going to be very happy.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #2697
djmajin
Thug

I hope we get a 2 pack with the brown and gray Rock soldiers, one of each in the pack

djmajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #2698
Tyrannozord27
Mouser

It looks like the Triceratons are nowhere to be found here on the West Coast. All the sightings have been Midwest, Southwest and East coast for some reason. We got the rock soldiers first, but soon after the were in other parts of the country. Hopefully the Triceratons show up over here soon.
Tyrannozord27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:23 PM   #2699
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post

Well thanks for that...now I cant unsee it.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #2700
ninjaduck
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Well thanks for that...now I cant unsee it.
They're up go gogogogo
ninjaduck is offline   Reply With Quote