The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #381
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

In other words
Spoiler:
t
Spoiler:
his reboot brings back Devimon,
Etemon, Myotismon, and The Dark Masters. We only see Biomon and Tentomon take on half of the Dark Masters in their mega forms.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:11 PM   #382
Allio
Foot Elite

pretty much.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:52 AM   #383
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I haven't seen part 5 yet. I couldn't get a movie ticket for Saturday's showing...but Tri is truly turning out to be a huge letdown anyway. I'll just watch this part online...eventually.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:30 AM   #384
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I haven't seen part 5 yet. I couldn't get a movie ticket for Saturday's showing...but Tri is truly turning out to be a huge letdown anyway. I'll just watch this part online...eventually.
Yes, yes it is.

So many unexplained plots, why even use the 02 kids in the first place if they aren't even going to do any thing with it? Did they die? Why don't the kids care about the 02 kids well being? Oh goodie, T.K and Karie knocked on Ken's door than nothing. Davis is connected to Ken, why not ask about him too?

Not to mention the lack of Tai, the leader and I always thought the main character of the adventure series? Part five spoilers sound horrible, I think it was a mistake to due this series and they should just left things as was.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:23 PM   #385
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Of all of fiction both Tai and Matt are absolute favorites. Layered conflicted characters with the coolest partners.Their greatest trait is also their weakest. The leader and the guy who is equal to the leader. They made Digimon for me in their love/hate relationship. Its disappointing that something in which the two are the centerpiece of is dragging through the mud. I have only gotten through two episodes at this point.

Spoiler:
So Genai is infected by Alphamon and is disguising himself as the Digimon Emperor?

I thought it would be cool to see the four villains return and it appears that Apoclaymon is not involved. I take it its a one off battle and excuse to digivolve the other six to mega? It was special having Agumon and Gabumon as the mega evolutions.

Devimon and Puppetmon were the most interesting on the Adventure villains. What about you all?
Old 10-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #386
Allio
Foot Elite

We find out that

Spoiler:
Meicoomon has some data of Apokarimon, and like Apokarimon she is a mutation instead of Evolution.

at this point we have no idea what party that Alphamon is in. Considering he is fighting Jesmon we can obviously tell they aren't on the same side. I can only assume that Alphamon is on his side alone for whatever it is.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #387
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Is VenomMyotoismon or MaloMyotismon stronger or are both forms equal to each other?

I am sure I asked this before, but I do not remember, is Imperialdramon Paladin Mode supposed to be stronger than Omnimon or is it vice versa? Imperialdramon Paladin Mode getting to be the one to defeat Armaggedmon instead of Omnimon made me curious.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #388
Allio
Foot Elite

Malo is strongest.

Paladin mode is stronger. While Omegamon is the power of "The End" and it's pure destructive, Paladin has that as well as the ability to recreate.

Think of it this way. Omegamon is pure destruction while Paladin mode slices through reality in of itself. Paladin's oneshot against Aramggedemon wasn't so much because he was stronger but because he literally ripped his data apart and returned him back to Kuramon.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:27 PM   #389
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Malo is strongest.

Paladin mode is stronger. While Omegamon is the power of "The End" and it's pure destructive, Paladin has that as well as the ability to recreate.

Think of it this way. Omegamon is pure destruction while Paladin mode slices through reality in of itself. Paladin's oneshot against Aramggedemon wasn't so much because he was stronger but because he literally ripped his data apart and returned him back to Kuramon.
Makes sense with Myotismon. It was just never clearly stated if the forms were equal or if one was greater.

Sucks as I love Omnimon, but I see what you are saying. Omnimon is the most destructive, but Imperliadramon Paladin Mode tears data apart perhaps just below Omnimon's capability, but is able to reconfigure it while Omnimon does not. I was thinking, "oh, this is based on the second season so they will be the ones to save the day instead of Agumon/Gabumon" as the reason.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #390
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

LOL We got a poster for the last film, man does it spoil things

Go look if your curious, trying not to spoil it for people avoiding them.

Still annoying by all the Meiko focus and lack of 02 kids, what the freak heck happened to them? Aaahhh We better get a Tri film for 02 or a film for this. It's messed up in my opinion.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:45 AM   #391
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I much prefer the focus be on the 8 Digi Destined. I never understood the purpose of adding in the three others. I like Tai and Matt getting the focus.

We get the holes filled from season 1's The Ultimate Clash episode it seems in the fifth film.

Spoiler:
Also, why does Leomon ALWAYS HAVE TO DIE? This is getting to a Kenny level! Bring him back and keep him around!
Old 10-09-2017, 01:10 PM   #392
Allio
Foot Elite

Well, atleast Leo from V-tamers will live.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #393
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Its hard to keep up with Digimon after Tamers. It had an unsuccessful season 4 and then was cancelled and then there was a season that brought back group leaders Matt and Ken. Some are Japanese exclusive. Was Digimon's success exclusive to Adventure at least internationally? I am just curious as I just basing the question over the push the franchise received and interest of myself and friends. Adventure is my kinda thing. Not really the rest of it.

Thoughts on Devimon? He was visually intimating and seemed to be quite a threat however it was over just one island. Not the Digital World as a whole like the rest of the villains(Etemon can be arguable). Also, I remember a sequence which Devimon could have murdered the DigiDestined however he just broke the island into pieces and separated the group from each other. There was also the fact he merely a champion level Digimon and all of the other villains got to their respective mega levels. Devimon had potential and seemed to have gotten the short end. I know he was allegedly the Digimon that the Digmon Emperor sucked up to make Kiaramon,but I doubt it. Even if it was what kind of return is that? 30 seconds of randomly showing up and being torn to pieces?
Old 10-22-2017, 03:50 PM   #394
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Is there any reason for the six older kids wearing gloves? In the second season Davis and Yolei do as well,but as the older kids transition into school uniforms they lose the gloves. T.K. never wears them,but Karai has these odd long fingerless gloves. Was this a Japanese fashion or was it
Old 10-24-2017, 12:13 PM   #395
Allio
Foot Elite

Probably just aesthetic reasons.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:51 PM   #396
Allio
Foot Elite

So Sistermon Noir is getting censored in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's memory?

https://twitter.com/habumon/status/923044835791028229

Quote:
ノワールは宗教的イメージを想起させるとのことで、北米での扱いがNGとなりました。シエルは設定としては ノワールやブランとは姉妹という扱いとなりますので別個体となります。
"As it is apparent that Noir carries religious imagery into mind, it became No Good for North American consideration. As for Ciel in regards to her backstory, considering you would call ones like Noir and Blanc sisters, she would be a separate individual."
Don't get me wrong, i'm good for new monsters, but I do hate it if it is for the wrong reason (aka. Censorship)

Hopefully Ceil gets an actual background, we know that Noir and Blanc were guardians of Huckmon when he was training with Gankoomon

Last edited by Allio; 10-30-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:24 PM   #397
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I just finished part 2 and it struck me odd that Izzy is attracted to Mimi. I thought it was Joe that was interested in Mimi. At least the main part of the movie and the two having more interaction made it seem that way.

So does Leomon get revived again?

It is interesting that everyone's greatest strength is also rheir weakness. Joe running from responsibility while having rhe crest of reliability, Matt the lonevwolf takes crap from bo one yet has rhe crest of friendship, Mimi the vain priss is the most sincere and compassionate, etc.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:56 AM   #398
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I just finished part 2 and it struck me odd that Izzy is attracted to Mimi.
Koushirou x Mimi was a fan favorite in Japan years ago...that's probably why they're hinting at it in Tri. Remember,
out of the Adventure kids, Koushirou and Mimi was the only pairing to get a drama done on them just because of fan requests.
Quote:
I thought it was Joe that was interested in Mimi.
He's never shown an interest in her. He's always treated her like a younger sister.
Quote:
At least the main part of the movie and the two having more interaction made it seem that way.
Still can't see it. Just because they interacted doesn't mean there's an attraction between them.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:09 AM   #399
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Koushirou x Mimi was a fan favorite in Japan years ago...that's probably why they're hinting at it in Tri. Remember,
out of the Adventure kids, Koushirou and Mimi was the only pairing to get a drama done on them just because of fan requests.He's never shown an interest in her. He's always treated her like a younger sister.Still can't see it. Just because they interacted doesn't mean there's an attraction between them.
Didn't Joe try to deliver flowers to her in the My War Games segment and miss her because she was in Hawaii?

Fan request drama?

Going by the first season it seemed like Tai was interested in Sora yet in the second season Matt hooked up with her unexpectedly. Yet it was something that Japanese audiences expected as whatever they had was lost in translation to English. I was wondering if something like that happened with Mimi be it Joe or Izzy.

T.K. and Kari are best friends who happened to be the opposite sex nothing more to to it.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:13 PM   #400
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Didn't Joe try to deliver flowers to her in the My War Games segment and miss her because she was in Hawaii?
No. He was focused on his exams.
Quote:
Fan request drama?
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...1&postcount=98
Quote:
Going by the first season it seemed like Tai was interested in Sora yet in the second season Matt hooked up with her unexpectedly. Yet it was something that Japanese audiences expected as whatever they had was lost in translation to English. I was wondering if something like that happened with Mimi be it Joe or Izzy.
I liked the concept of Tai x Sora, but Taichi x Sora in the first season really wasn't there. Sora's friendship seemed to be the most emphasized. It did subtly show how her relationship with Yamato changed. By the end of Adventure, she no longer used an honorific with him.

Tags
digimon