The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #8401
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, it was long ago for me. Will always be one of the most missed though, he was something else.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #8402
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

aaaaaaaa worst nightmare of "female problems" happened at work.

Overfilled...no fresh protection...and worse...no replacement pants.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:42 AM   #8403
Vegita-San
Emperor

Giving Google Chrome a try.

Firefox used to be my go to....but ever since the last year, it's gotten slower and laggier. and sometimes tabs don't even load.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:37 AM   #8404
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That stinks. I remember a few/several years ago it was like that for a year or more, a massive ram hog, until they finally improved it and was a lot better. Sucks to hear it may be back to that, if not worse.

No issue here. I guess there is in fact an up side on being "left behind" on their final XP compatible version.

Maybe I was getting a lot more game pieces the last two times, or maybe it's just less luck this time, but I swear the grocery store Monopoly thing isn't as generous as it previously was. The freebies are definitely fewer than those I got the last times. Esp miss my free fresh baked French bread (well there's a tongue twister) I'd previously gotten a time or two each year.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-05-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:39 AM   #8405
Vegita-San
Emperor

lucky. I found also in the last year, even if you choose not to install updates, it installs them anyway :/. go fig

Old 04-05-2019, 02:21 PM   #8406
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Does about:memory (typed into the url bar) still work for the present version? Maybe the "free memory" options might help, if that still exists.

Found out today that when you combine the traits of someone who talks to themselves with a person who talks too much, every damn breath and never shuts up (which tends to give me a headache as it is), and then add in the habit of being the sort that complains nonstop... it is a really annoying personality flaw.

While working I was stuck listening to this woman drone on and on and on for way too long, never silent for even a moment... and then by the time I got around to closer where she was I could hear that the constant talk was nothing but complaining, moaning and groaning over everything and anything while she was shopping.

If life it really THAT hard that you can't deal with shopping in a small store, then maybe just stay home. lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-08-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:39 AM   #8407
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Once again, irresponsible reptile owners rears their head, if one voices their opinion another pops up.

So some people think it's okay to house Hermann's tortoise and Red-footed tortoise together, and it's absolutely moronic. They need completely different husbandry, if it's dry enough for Hermann's the Red-foot will get eye problems, if it's humid enough for the Red-Foot, the Hermann's will suffer from respiratory issues, feed the Hermann's fruit and protein-rich vegetables and it'll get digestive problems and MBD, give a Red-Foot grass and weed and it'll starve. And the Hermann need cooler evenings and nights, if the temperatures maintain high the Hermann will get sick, and the Red-foot will get sick by the cold night time.

And they'll claim they got the information by professionals in the US, which is almost like a "I have a girlfriend but she lives in Canada so you can't see her" kind of argument, cause wherever people with actual expertise asks for source and who are these American experts, suddenly they have no answer, or they name a reptile youtuber which one did. And of course one of our country's leading experts about reptile husbandry chimed in that this youtuber have never claimed this as long as she've followed them. And even then, like the US side of the hobby have done a lot of legwork for keeping reptiles, but damn there's a lot of weird ideas going, like it was popular trying to keep Bearded dragon and Spiny-tailed lizard together a few years back. And shock and surprise they don't mix well, just as bad as a Iguanas and Boa constrictors in the same cage.

What's even more annoying the the attitude these people get when being told you can't house two completely different tortoise species together, saying they are being harassed and bullied. Nah, man. people where pretty calm despite seeing the attempts of animal cruelty. I do laugh at the one guy who wrote a lengthy drama queen post on a facebook group that he's leaving for a more positive and friendlier group

I just hope he changes his setup and separates the torts before something bad happens to them.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:21 AM   #8408
Powder
So tired of this place

When someone is very obviously only boosting their post count so they can sell something.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #8409
Vegita-San
Emperor

the friggen source button on a tv remote is nowhere NEAR the power or other more used buttons usually. how do people over 60 constantly keep on hitting it to get the tv off the proper hdmi setting? or do they do it on purpose just to get attention?

Old 04-14-2019, 05:57 PM   #8410
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh wtf Zazzle...

Anyone have any shops on there? Just found this.

Quote:
Non-Contributing Account Fees

The following is a list of the fees deducted from Earnings on a monthly basis for Non-Contributing Accounts. Non-Contributing Account Fees will only be deducted from existing Earnings in your Account until your account becomes contributing or your balance becomes zero - your account balance cannot go negative because of Non-Contributing Account Fees, and Zazzle will NEVER charge your credit card or PayPal account for these fees. The currency used is based on the payment preferences as displayed in your Payment Settings under the Earnings tab of your account. The fees listed are effective as of April 1st, 2019.

https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/art...g-Account-Fees
(See link for the fee list, it varies by country/currency.)

So they've come up with a "reason" to steal your earnings.

I had only a little over $6 in current royalty earnings in my account and hadn't done much with the site in quite a while... so it appears that the SAME DAY this new bright idea of theirs went into effect they stole $2 from me. Geezus frigging gumdrops...

That ain't right. It's not like sites like them don't already set their own base price to make the money they want and need in order to profit, while users can only up the cost by a small amount else good luck selling anything.

Luckily, I'd had finally hit the $50 minimum to actually receive some earnings for once and that got transferred to me in Feb. I guess if I can't treat Zazzle like a damn job and ensure to remain "contributing" (whatever the hell that really means since they don't seem to explain) I can forget about ever managing to receive that currently remaining $4 and some change that I earned. Instead get to see it in there and wait for them to steal it as a reward for coming up with ideas that now made only them money, not me. Grr.

If they're going to pull this then they need to lower that minimum, at the very least cut it in half. Most people can't quickly make $50 if you're just earning a little pocket change now and then. I'm not even sure at this point how long it took me to actually make the minimum and actually get anything from it. Prob a few years... Think it may be my first time actually getting any of my earnings.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-14-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:51 AM   #8411
Vegita-San
Emperor

we really need a mod overhaul at some point. glad jester finally got around to being upgrade though. nice to have someone level headed.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:27 AM   #8412
Ninjinister
無問題

I've had crap for dealing with illnesses for pretty much my whole life, but this year so far has been the worst. While it's nothing been anything at the high levels yet, it's just been non-stop. Get over a stomach virus just in time to get a killer headache that won't go away into pneumonia into god knows what's next.

Frankly I'm sick of it, pun fully intended.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #8413
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm sorry about your reoccurring situation, Ninjinister.

I hope you'll make it through. My best wishes are with you.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #8414
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Maybe not so much a grind, but I can't help but spend Easter watching the clock a little because it had to go and be the day before the day I lose my 30s... (After a decade it's down to 11 hours left. Help me. How did this happen...) I can't even speak that next number, yet. In the past year I've said it all of once to someone just recently who was complaining that he was a few days later (now a week ago) going to be turning 24. lol

Me trying to escape it like...

Keep trying to tell myself that the 30s and all those other years don't go away, they're still there... it's simply like a tree, just adding another layer.

edit: And thank you forum for putting this appropriately right on page 422...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-21-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:34 AM   #8415
Vegita-San
Emperor

dear usps. you suck.

says delivered, but no delivery. sigh.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:03 PM   #8416
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Any sign of it?

Have done that to me twice, luckily the second time my mailman got it back after it being mistakenly delivered to the same house number but on an adjoining road.

Things happen, so I don't really fault the old guy, however the homeowners that get the wrong frigging mail and don't bother to return it are the ones that piss me off. Why do people think it's okay to just keep it? "It came to my house so it's mine"? Eff that. So ignorant anymore. I'm sorry, but if I got someone else's mail I'd certainly either put it back in the mailbox or simply drop it off on their doorstep if it was a neighbor. The only thing we don't bother with is if it's genuine junk mail.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #8417
Leo656
The Franchise

There is only a finite amount of Twin Peaks to watch. This displeases me.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:30 PM   #8418
Vegita-San
Emperor

it finally showed up two hours late.r not sure what happened, but at least it finally got here. sigh.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:47 PM   #8419
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Cat Town is back in the house and it is...neutral chaos

- Three 8 week old semi ferals. Been here less than a week, barely touchable, crabby as all get out
- 3 year old that should be back in the adoption center, but she has a hairball that I need to clear.
- Our own house cat wants to get in my room and chase her, and this time did manage to attack her. I thought he had injured her, but she's fine. Hair literally flew though.
- 3 week old baby. Will. Not. Poop. I always forget that it takes bottle babies a while to poop, but this is worrying. It was recommended I give him a drop of mineral oil, but I need to look into that first.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:13 PM   #8420
Leo656
The Franchise

My cat 'Nique passed away this afternoon. It was so sudden. She was 19. I raised her from the day she was born.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote