The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-25-2015, 02:09 PM   #41
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://instagram.com/p/0qVuAKxDxJ/

Jubilee has been cast
Old 03-25-2015, 05:59 PM   #42
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Jubilee in the 80s? Should've used Dazzler.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:43 AM   #43
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I wonder if the new film will explain his origin? In the comics, He was the son of Mystique and Azazel, But given that the movie version of Azazel is dead, Based on what happened in Days of Future Past, They are going to have to go a different route for his origin, Perhaps Mystique can still be the mother, But had a different father?
Or maybe they can make Mystique the father like she was originally going to be in the comics.

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:50 AM   #44
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Jubilee in the 80s? Should've used Dazzler.
Which is interesting because, Jubilee is more of the 90s, I remembered her from the X-Men 90s cartoon.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #45
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
I wonder if the new film will explain his origin? In the comics, He was the son of Mystique and Azazel, But given that the movie version of Azazel is dead, Based on what happened in Days of Future Past, They are going to have to go a different route for his origin, Perhaps Mystique can still be the mother, But had a different father?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Nah, Mystique as the mother just doesn't pan out, really (though on the other hand, it's clear that no one at Fox gives a damn about continuity anymore).

I'd rather the father be Azazel and the mother be... anyone else, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
well Mystique could have had Nightcrawler in between the events of DOFP and Apocolypse. Maybe she didn't realize she was pregnant by Azezal.
If Mystique had the baby while Magneto was in prison, the timing works out just fine for teenage Nightcrawler in the 80's. Ya'll make it sound difficult, but the setup is perfect.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:22 PM   #46
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
If Mystique had the baby while Magneto was in prison, the timing works out just fine for teenage Nightcrawler in the 80's. Ya'll make it sound difficult, but the setup is perfect.
Even though it was hinted in the movie that, Quicksilver is Magneto's Son, But it was more of a nod then an actual thing for the movie.

But if Magneto knocked up Mystique, then it would make sense.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:54 AM   #47
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Even though it was hinted in the movie that, Quicksilver is Magneto's Son, But it was more of a nod then an actual thing for the movie.

But if Magneto knocked up Mystique, then it would make sense.
Why... do you think either of those things?
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:48 AM   #48
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Why... do you think either of those things?
Gotta explain why Nightcrawler is around, He was the son of Mystique.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:23 PM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Which is interesting because, Jubilee is more of the 90s, I remembered her from the X-Men 90s cartoon.
I remember her from X-Men 1, 2, and 3... in which she was a teenager. Which makes her appearance in the 1980s in Apocalypse pretty much bullsh*t.

First Class is the only X-Men movie worth a hoot. Knowing Singer, I wholly expect Apocalypse to be another very small movie, and Apocalypse himself to just be the actor in a leather jacket and maybe some face paint... not anything close to this:

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:36 PM   #50
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

First class was horrible. X-men Days Of Future past is the best movie.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:50 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
X-men Days Of Future past is the best movie.
It should have been. But Singer delivered a very small, very forgettable movie whose only highlight is the Quicksilver scene... which seems pretty disconnected from the rest of the movie (and why did they send him away afterward, exactly?).

I mean, we finally get the Sentinels, and apart from some brief fighting segments with unrecognizable Sentinels in the future bits, the 70s ones don't even do anything.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:00 PM   #52
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Andrew dropping some truth in here.

Singer is terrible and turned one of the best comic storylines into a very forgettable movie. Vaughn's First Class is the only movie that really feels like an X-Men movie.

Get ready for more black leather costumes.

Also, apparently Angel is going to be in this movie. Amazing how Logan changing things in the 70s made it so Warren was born 2 decades earlier.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:07 PM   #53
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I liked Days of Future Past, but only because I was relieved to finally get a look at Iceman, Kitty, Colossus, etc. in a new film (I'm terribly excited for the "Rogue Cut" for the same reason). I was getting really sick of Wolverine solos.

The sentinel fights in the future were kickass, but yeah, aside from Quicksilver the '70s were extremely unforgettable. Singer isn't a very good filmmaker, but at least he's shown that he cares about the franchise a little.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:13 PM   #54
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm looking forward to X-Men: Apocalypse, With how Days of Future Past ended, with a new future timeline, We have to see how we got to that point with this sequel.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:18 PM   #55
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Hopefully with the time change, we can get an proper Nightcrawler, and not the embarrassment from X2, second worst movie in the franchise.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 04-01-2015 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Forgot about Wolverine Origins...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:26 PM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

X-2 the worst in the franchise? Are you being serious?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:50 PM   #57
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
First Class is the only X-Men movie worth a hoot. Knowing Singer, I wholly expect Apocalypse to be another very small movie, and Apocalypse himself to just be the actor in a leather jacket and maybe some face paint... not anything close to this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...essiahwar1.png
First Class was the best film as well. The whole theme of conflicting morals and ideologies was always supposed to be in the films, but I feel that Vaughn did a much better job of showing it than just having actors mouth it. You could FEEL the conflict between Xavier and Erik much better...

Quote:
First class was horrible. X-men Days Of Future past is the best movie.
Days of Future Past should have been better. I give it a 4 out of 5. Too much Mystique, no Rogue (not that Anna Paquin is any good in the role anyway), not enough of the original Sentinels, not enough of Dinklage, NOT ENOUGH BISHOP AND BLINK.

I think my main problem with it is that the future cast gets dropped for so long in the middle third of the movie. It needed more from them to truly be a "Days of Future Past" movie blending both casts.

Quote:
I liked Days of Future Past, but only because I was relieved to finally get a look at Iceman, Kitty, Colossus, etc. in a new film (I'm terribly excited for the "Rogue Cut" for the same reason). I was getting really sick of Wolverine solos.

The sentinel fights in the future were kickass, but yeah, aside from Quicksilver the '70s were extremely unforgettable. Singer isn't a very good filmmaker, but at least he's shown that he cares about the franchise a little.
Are they ever even going to release the so-called "Rogue Cut?" I haven't heard anything on that in MONTHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Hopefully with the time change, we can get an proper Nightcrawler, and not the embarrassment from X2, worst movie in the franchise.
I'm gonna guess you're a huge Nightcrawler fan and that's why you didn't like X2? 'Cause it was the best of the trilogy... Brian Cox was an AMAZING villain.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:27 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'll give the "Rogue Cut" a watch but I'm not overly optimistic that it'll dramatically change the film.

Quote:
Singer isn't a very good filmmaker
The sad part is that's not true. He's made some excellent movies. The Usual Suspects? Awesome! A classic. Apt Pupil? Chilling! I even enjoyed Valkyrie though it didn't do all that well.

You have a comic book movie, though? He's not your man.

Quote:
but at least he's shown that he cares about the franchise a little.
He cares about it as his franchise. And it's the last bastion he's got after dropping bomb after bomb (Valkyrie, Jack the Giant Killer)... X-Men is the only thing studios will trust him with anymore. If Jack the Giant Killer hadn't put him in director's prison, he wouldn't have needed to do X-Men: DofP and Matthew Vaughn would have tackled it. Properly.

How much do you guys want to bet the X-Men have to fight Magneto again at the end of Apocalypse? For about the 20th time now, in the movie series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
X-2 the worst in the franchise? Are you being serious?
I'd personally place it... as second worst. It's a very small movie with very small set pieces and really nothing on the page but Singer's own agenda.

My scale, from greatest to worst:

1. X-Men: First Class
2. The Wolverine
3. X-Men: DoFP
4. X-Men 3
5. X-Men 1
6. X-Men 2
7. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

But really there's a huge chasm in quality between First Class and all of the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Andrew dropping some truth in here.

Singer is terrible and turned one of the best comic storylines into a very forgettable movie. Vaughn's First Class is the only movie that really feels like an X-Men movie.
Agreed.

Quote:
Get ready for more black leather costumes.
You know it. Whatever's currently in style at his underground little boy diddling club.

Quote:
Also, apparently Angel is going to be in this movie. Amazing how Logan changing things in the 70s made it so Warren was born 2 decades earlier.
Jubilee too, as has already been mentioned. She was in all 3 first X-Men movies... now she's a teen again 20+ years earlier.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-31-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:43 PM   #59
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I love Jubilee so I'm happy she's finally an important character, with the way they've f-cked up the timelines with Beast/Emma Frost/First Class/etc it's far from the first inconsistency in the movies, besides didn't the last movie fix the inconsistencies with the alternate timelines or something? I remember reading about it but never saw the movie.

As far as the X-Men franchise it's been alright and I rather have Fox make movies than Marvel, they can't possibly handle more characters than they already do so it would just mean other worthy heroes of movies wouldn't get theirs made. My favorite movie is definitely First Class, heck I enjoyed it more than Avengers which I saw right after watching First Class. Now I've only ever seen each movie one time but here's my opinion on them. The first movie is pretty decent for being one of the first superhero origin movies that basically started it all. X2 was definitely an improvement and was a lot of fun. X3 I didn't think it was that bad in fact i enjoyed as I watched it. Origins was nothing special but far from the mess people make it out to be, if Origins is really that bad then so is every other X-Men movie. First Class I already mentioned was a lot of fun and only one I'd recommend to normal people. Sadly I didn't see DoFP even though I was hyped for it at first, I lost interest when it was on cinema, didn't care to watch The Wolverine at all. I'll defintiely re-watch and watch the movies that I'm missing when Fox is ready to reboot the franchise or I have a lot of time and get an X-Men kick in the coming years but I don't see that happening I'm all Marvel superhero'ed out for the moment, I can't even get myself hyped for Avengers 2 anymore or any Marvel movie. I would say superhero movies in general but I'd definitely watch some non-Marvel superhero movies and I'm ok with DC since we don't get those movies too often they still feel "fresh" at the moment.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:49 PM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
My favorite movie is definitely First Class, heck I enjoyed it more than Avengers
I would say that First Class is a better movie than Avengers... but Avengers is still more fun.

If that makes sense.