The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-04-2016, 06:44 PM   #1121
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
i know you aren't very much involved in these decisions but do you know if you'll re-release the mirage 2007 movie comics/prequel comics?
I feel pretty confident that stuff isn't on anyone's radar, so I'll say no.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:15 PM   #1122
snake
Disgusting

Bobby, this may be a spoiler question, but is anything planned for Bludgeon? I haven't kept up with the most recent issues so I may be missing out on something. Thank you
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:07 PM   #1123
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Bobby, this may be a spoiler question, but is anything planned for Bludgeon? I haven't kept up with the most recent issues so I may be missing out on something. Thank you
Same, both Koya/Bludgeon have been absent since issue 50. Wondering if that duo will get anything in the future or anytime soon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:42 AM   #1124
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
There's no real reason for the TMNT Infestation two-parter not to be in canon, and that's not in there. Did we get that short "Ready, Set, Go!" in there? I can't recall. Maybe that. So-- it's not exhaustive, but everything that has an impact in later stories is included.
Thanks for answering! If I, hypothetically, happened to be a lunatic completist, where could I find "Ready, Set, Go!"? I don't know if it's in any of the collections, I'm yet to open the first one. Infestation seems to be easily obtainable.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:52 AM   #1125
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Thanks for answering! If I, hypothetically, happened to be a lunatic completist, where could I find "Ready, Set, Go!"? I don't know if it's in any of the collections, I'm yet to open the first one. Infestation seems to be easily obtainable.
"Ready, Set, Go!" is in the 30th anniversary book. In that its listed under the Mirage universe though, so its not an IDW-universe story.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:06 PM   #1126
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
The short and sweet answer is yes, though unlikely to see him in a significant way until late 2017.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:29 PM   #1127
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
The short and sweet answer is yes, though unlikely to see him in a significant way until late 2017.
Ah. Thank you for answering! Glad to hear.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 03:52 PM   #1128
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
"Ready, Set, Go!" is in the 30th anniversary book. In that its listed under the Mirage universe though, so its not an IDW-universe story.
True but it first came out in that Heroes Comic 2012 and was said to be part of the IDW universe at the time so I guess a case could be made either way for this one.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #1129
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
True but it first came out in that Heroes Comic 2012 and was said to be part of the IDW universe at the time so I guess a case could be made either way for this one.
Thanks. If it's up to my decision, then I deem it not-IDW-canon and don't worry about it.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:59 AM   #1130
nimajneb
Stone Warrior

A bit late to the game but Tom, Bobby; TMNT Universe is a great read! Really enjoyed it and I think its really going to sit well with the main series.
Speaking of, I hope we get to see Mikey reunited with his brothers soon. I am team Mikey, I think Splinter is becoming a little militarized by the responsibilities of running the foot. i like the muddying of the waters between friends and enemies in terms of seeing the foot change hands.

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:19 PM   #1131
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Thanks very much! That's always nice to hear.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #1132
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Hey Bobby, I have a question regarding Universe. I read the first issue and so far it's off to a great start. I noticed the book seemed more high end with the cardstock cover which I thought was really nice. Is that going to be the standard moving forward with Universe or was that just for the first issue? I do see in Previews the next issues are back to it's regular price so maybe it was only for issue 1? Thanks!
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #1133
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Future issues will also be at $4.99. I hope we can continue to use that same cover stock, but I can't promise it will be forever.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #1134
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Future issues will also be at $4.99. I hope we can continue to use that same cover stock, but I can't promise it will be forever.
It doesn't really matter in the end. I've enjoyed the IDW series regardless. Top notch writing, handling of characters, and art. I'm thoroughly pleased. Thanks for answering, Bobby.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:44 AM   #1135
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hi Bobby, a few questions related to everyone's favorite pair of henchmutants:

#1. When can we next expect to see them pop up? Assuming late 2017 or early 2018?

#2. I think most of us have assumed that Bebop and Rocksteady are unstoppable monsters capable of surviving collapsing buildings, electrocution, and direct gunfire to the face because they are human/mutant hybrids. Is this correct?

#3. By my count, Bebop and Rocksteady are so far the only two mutants who were humans prior to mutation. Is that going to potentially change later down the road?
Old 09-07-2016, 10:05 AM   #1136
nimajneb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

#1. When can we next expect to see them pop up? Assuming late 2017 or early 2018?

#2. I think most of us have assumed that Bebop and Rocksteady are unstoppable monsters capable of surviving collapsing buildings, electrocution, and direct gunfire to the face because they are human/mutant hybrids. Is this correct?

#3. By my count, Bebop and Rocksteady are so far the only two mutants who were humans prior to mutation. Is that going to potentially change later down the road?
I assumed Koya and Bludgeon were ex Foot, though i could be wrong.

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:17 AM   #1137
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
I assumed Koya and Bludgeon were ex Foot, though i could be wrong.
Koya started out as Shredder's pet hawk (seen in City Fall), and I assume Bludgeon started out as a shark as well. It'd be interesting to learn more about his mutation, though. Maybe he's a product of the Null Group?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:43 PM   #1138
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

1. Not any time in the immediate future is about as much info as I can give away there, sorry!

2. Other mutants like Slash are about as powerful, so I don't think it has anything to do with them being human/mutant hybrids. Could be extra elements went into their laboratory mutation elements, or perhaps the base DNA used is extra hearty. Not something we've delved into a lot, so any guesses are valid.

3. Potentially, potentially not!
Old 09-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #1139
neatoman
Emperor

So most of the villains introduced pre-50 have either been written out of the story or downgraded in terms of threat level, I assume this to give the spotlight to the more recently introduced villains such as Bishop and Dun. Can we look forward to even more or will you pretty much focus on the ones you've already introduced for a while?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #1140
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

We'll be introducing more new villains, but not necessarily in the immediate future.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz