The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Old 08-21-2018, 10:03 PM   #1
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

NECA TMNT 1990 Figures Exclusive SDCC 2018 Set

Sold. This thread can be closed now.

Last edited by Turnstone; 08-24-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #2
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
My buddy just lost his job and he is forced to sell his SDCC NECA set. He tried to join as a new member here to post them but the moderators have yet to approve his new account even after a week.

I told him I would set up a post for him to see if there are any takers. He does not want to go to eBay as he does not want to lose any profit from auction listing fees or paypal fees. He’s only looking to ship within the US and the only issue comes down to payment as he doesn’t take PayPal so you’ll have to work out something with him.

If you are interested, PM me your e-mail and I will put you in contact with him so he can send you pics unless anyone knows of a free hosting site (now that photobucket is useless) so I can post the pics for him here in this thread.

He is asking $250 plus $15 for shipping. That price is fair and competitive based on current buy it now prices on eBay. Remember, he lost his job so he can’t sell it for cost. He can ship within 24 hours and provide a working UPS tracking number once everything has been arranged.
I use postimage.org for free image hosting ever since Photobucket went south.

A friendly piece of advice that I'll put in spoiler tags...you can choose to read it or not.

Spoiler:

I think everyone would prefer to not pay listing and final value fees for ebay, but it's not all downside when using the site. That fee pays for both the exposure of the item you're trying to sell as well as the security of the transaction. If something goes wrong, ebay and Paypal both have methods of making things right. You're asking people to waive that fee for someone they don't know who has never had a presence on these boards before. It could work out fine, but I can't tell you how many of these scenarios I've seen play out badly...especially when it involves someone caring for an ill loved one, getting a divorce, or losing a job.

I think you'll get more hits if you ask your friend to be open to using paypal even if it means asking for a little more money to cover the fees. This would give your friend instant access to the money and the buyer would have peace of mind.

Just putting it out there...the optics on this aren't great.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #3
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

I probably would be interested since I'm looking for another set but no PayPal no sale

That's the only way I do business online

Not trying to plug another site bit your friend might get better results on TMNT lives 4ever facebook page

Last edited by go_ninja84; 08-24-2018 at 02:41 PM.
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:09 PM   #4
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

SOLD. This thread can be closed now.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote