The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Does Eastman's view of the new movie help change your viewpoint?

Do you trust in Kevin Eastman's word that the new movie will be enjoyable? I'm curious to know what you guys' opinions are.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:11 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Not in the slightest. Kevin is just happy to be a part of things again, plus he's being paid. Of course he's gonna say nice things. But that aside, he's so passionate about his creation, the turtles, that seeing them in the limelight or re-imagined in any capacity seems to thrill him. Rightfully so, but still, he's far too objective with the property for my tastes. While I am a fan of The Next Mutation, and concepts for the never made 4th live action film, I realize others hate them, so y'all should remember he was the dude developing and backing these ideas.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Nope. Until I see images and a trailer, my opinion on this film stays the same.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Even a trailer could be highly deceptive, but I'm dying to see what the designs will be.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Maybe a little. That, and the fact that Scott Mendick and Galen Walker are still onboard as producers are pretty the only things really giving me hope.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Maybe a little. That, and the fact that Scott Mendick and Galen Walker are still onboard as producers are pretty the only things really giving me hope.
I'd say they're there due to viacom honoring the contract they made with Pete, rather than being around for creative input.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:48 PM   #7
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
what significance do these guys have?

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #8
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not in the slightest. Kevin is just happy to be a part of things again, plus he's being paid. Of course he's gonna say nice things. But that aside, he's so passionate about his creation, the turtles, that seeing them in the limelight or re-imagined in any capacity seems to thrill him.
this right here, Kevin loves the turtles, they are his babies. think of it like a happy parent. he is open to letting the turtles expand grow and go off and do new things..sure somethings its cringe worthy but it happens, Kevin just wants what is best for his "Kids"

not i am not saying Laird didnt like them, but he always seems more reserved to go past a certain point in ideas. from what i have heard people kinda have to fight and push him to try new things with the turtles

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #9
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
this right here, Kevin loves the turtles, they are his babies. think of it like a happy parent. he is open to letting the turtles expand grow and go off and do new things..sure somethings its cringe worthy but it happens, Kevin just wants what is best for his "Kids"

not i am not saying Laird didnt like them, but he always seems more reserved to go past a certain point in ideas. from what i have heard people kinda have to fight and push him to try new things with the turtles
Hmm... I guess then that...

Eastman is the happy parent that encourages his 'kids' to go out and do different things whether they be good or bad for them.

Laird is the parent that feels his 'kids' should not branch out too far from what they are in his eyes and what they're good at being.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #10
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Eastman seems like the Bob Kane of the franchise (except Eastman's co-creator also got credit--poor Bill Finger).

Kane was always super enthusiastic about Batman film projects, even the obviously sucky ones. I can't say I blame either one of the dudes.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:31 PM   #11
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not in the slightest. Kevin is just happy to be a part of things again, plus he's being paid. Of course he's gonna say nice things. But that aside, he's so passionate about his creation, the turtles, that seeing them in the limelight or re-imagined in any capacity seems to thrill him. Rightfully so, but still, he's far too objective with the property for my tastes. While I am a fan of The Next Mutation, and concepts for the never made 4th live action film, I realize others hate them, so y'all should remember he was the dude developing and backing these ideas.
I trust Peter Liard's opinion a lot more, even though he seems quite ..pessimistic ? I guess you could say. Bitter would suit it more. I still got a lot of love for Kevin respect the hell out of him can't say anything bad but this whole thing powder said is just so on the money.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #12
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

I don't get why Powder used the word "objective"; seems to me Kevin Eastman is the exact opposite!

Tags
kevin eastman, live action films