The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-14-2005, 08:24 PM   #161
Super Moderator

This will satisfy me for now, but what about tomorrow? It could be cold tomorrow, too. And I have Programming in C tomorrow. What if I forget my password for my computer? Maybe my pencil will break when I am taking notes. And what if my program doesn't run the first time I code it? I'll have to fix the errors! I don't think I can face tomorrow...
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:29 PM   #162
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

The ladies work in the building next door. They'll just be a phonecall away...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:31 PM   #163
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Takahashi
This will satisfy me for now, but what about tomorrow? It could be cold tomorrow, too. And I have Programming in C tomorrow. What if I forget my password for my computer? Maybe my pencil will break when I am taking notes. And what if my program doesn't run the first time I code it? I'll have to fix the errors! I don't think I can face tomorrow...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Classic!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:16 PM   #164
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Oh don't get me started on the cold. Hell, all of nature is a huge downer. Whose idea was it to put a giant ball of kick ass fire in the sky, and then make it so we can't stare at it? My optometrist gave me the 3rd degree today about "the dangers of solar radiation." Who would have thought that themain source of life on earth was also a source of death? Way to zing me on that one, God.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:20 PM   #165
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

I sometimes get down during the winter. You cant really go outside much without worrying about freezing a body part off. The only time I like winter is when I can walk out on our property when its about midnight and there's a full moon and clear sky... everything looks bluish... *dreams*
Old 02-14-2005, 10:56 PM   #166
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

aha... just be glad you guys don't live in Nebraska. It gets to about oh... 110 out side with a 70-90% humidity index in the summer.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:09 PM   #167
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

...A kid at the school I work at killed himself today. This is the second one in, like, 6 months. And we're a tiny school (632 kids in K-12).

*sigh* My God... I just don't understand why...
Old 02-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #168
kyabetsu
Foot Elite

i'm sorry to hear that, JD. And my condolences to both student's family and friends.

Did you know either of those students very well?
kyabetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:22 PM   #169
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Oh my god...
*hugs JD*
You know where you can find me if you need to talk...
Old 02-16-2005, 01:37 PM   #170
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyabetsu
i'm sorry to hear that, JD. And my condolences to both student's family and friends.

Did you know either of those students very well?
I knew the one from before more than this kid. The other boy, he helped out where I work all the time. Every day. Nicest kid you could ever meet. Never showed a sign of depression or anger to anyone.

This kid, well, when you live in as small a town as I do... you KNOW everyone. I don't know that I spoke to him, besides working... but it's... just so sad. He was a junior. The other one was a sophmore. So much ahead of them... So, so much...

It's not the knowing them or not that makes me sad. It's the loss... the parents and brothers and sisters and all that, too.

Quote:
Oh my god...
*hugs JD*
You know where you can find me if you need to talk...
Thanks... I'm just in a bit of shock right now... so sad...
Old 02-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #171
Super Moderator

What is wrong with the world today. I probably won't be any comfort, but if a kid thinks suicide is going to solve all of their problems, well...I guess it does, but that's cowardice. Life isn't that hard, you know. How old was this kid, anyway, and do you know anything about him/her?
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:22 PM   #172
kyabetsu
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn
It's not the knowing them or not that makes me sad. It's the loss... the parents and brothers and sisters and all that, too.
i guess i was trying to answer your question really. the first one... about why they did it.

thing is? when you're suicidal, you're NOT thinking straight. You're sick in the head. Logic SEEMS sound to you, but to the rest of us, we're not going to understand what you were thinking. To shake your head and say "kids these days" ... no... it's not a trend...those were very CONFUSED individuals.

hell... i can't make heads or tails of what the hell *I* was thinking during my more self-destructive periods... and i'm ME. Some one else? let alone someone healthy? is not going to understand it.

JD?
It doesn't help anything, but it wasn't just their lives. It wasn't something you could have done or undone or fixed. It was how they REACTED to their lives. Something was broken inside... and THEY thought it was normal... so they didn't look for help.

People who aren't looking for help? You can't blame anyone for that. Not their family, friends, teachers, yourself, or them. b/c until the troubled person saw there WAS a problem and had the strength to face it? there was nothing anyone on this earth could have done.

i hope you find balance again, and a better place to be emotionally... but know that just like the victim of any illness... they're not in pain now.
kyabetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:36 PM   #173
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
What is wrong with the world today. I probably won't be any comfort, but if a kid thinks suicide is going to solve all of their problems, well...I guess it does, but that's cowardice. Life isn't that hard, you know. How old was this kid, anyway, and do you know anything about him/her?
I have to disagree. Life can be very hard and I don't believe that the boy was a coward for what he did. I just hope that now, after all thats happened, he finds the peace he's been seeking.

Death, though we laugh about it and crack our jokes, is not really funny. I've seen what it does to people; it's not pretty. Especially in these cases, when its someone whose gone before their time. You need to have some respect for the dead.

My condolences.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:44 PM   #174
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Well, whether suicide is cowardice or not... Good question. I for myself could never kill myself. I have yet so many things to do, so many goals to achieve,...

But, I can imagine, that when you absolutely can't see the point in life, can't get a purpose, can't see what tomorrow could change, then I could imagine that someone kills him or herself.

Parts of my attitude towards this issue and my general feelings about being fine and never showing weakness can be found in my "Fine" column.

And JD: I feel for you. I really do, I knew quite a number of people who killed themselves or at least attempted to do so (and one that still should finish herself of in due time). It is hard, but time heals wounds. That's all I can say.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:39 PM   #175
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Well... he was a junior in high school.

...I'm not trying to understand. I know I never can. I know it'll, like the last boy, get better with time. No, I didn't know him well. But that doesn't matter. What I DO know, is that these kids in the school, who have had to go through this once already in a year, are hurt again, and they're not old enough to understand why.

Plus, the way he did it was horrifying. Completely horrifying... I don't even know if I can get over that.

Anarky... I could never kill myself either. I have too much to do. Too much I want to do.

...Tomorrow will be bad. My mom said that when they found out, you could hear the whole school sobbing. *sigh*
Old 02-16-2005, 09:50 PM   #176
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

Oh, JD, that's really sad news. It's even more sad for his family members. I'll admit I've had suicide thoughts many times, but I've never been pushed all the way to doing 'the deed.' I just can't. Life is hard, sure, but I'm not ready to go anywhere, especially to a trip six feet under. I hope you can make it through the day tomorrow, JD. I know it's going to be really hard. *HUGS*
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:11 PM   #177
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Well, life does suck, and losts of people think about suiscide from time to time (me included), but if you cave in and do it, you're just saying "You win, I quit" to the people giving you hell.

Oh, BTW, my family is giving me hell, using my room for a storage room, saying "you're not allowed to have a girlfriend unless we clear her first, and we believe you need to get over this video game thing, or at least limit yourself".

That's it, I'm starting saving now so I can move out. This sh*t has finally reached the breaking ponit. It might take a few months, but I'll do it.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:03 PM   #178
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Just hang in there TMB and dont change who you are for other people , I hope you can find a place soon
Old 02-17-2005, 06:07 PM   #179
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

Suicide has come to mind for me more than once. A few months ago I was even about to kill myself... I was getting the knife and everything. But then my mom knocked on my door saying the phone was for me, so I shoved the knife in a drawer and answered the phone. It was Shadow. Talking to him made me... not want to die. I felt so much happier talking to him.

What I'm getting at is that I noticed how much some people care for me. And I wish that those kids who passed away had reflected on the people who cared about them too before deciding their fate like that.

You work at a school, though, you say? Maybe you could organize a speech or something for the students about suicide?
Old 02-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #180
Peanut
Second Gear

What the f*ck has the world come to when KIDS are even thinking about killing themselves? It pisses me off so bad that all this bullsh*t has become so wide spread. It seems like people just like to say they're going to kill themselves to have people notice them, it's f*cking ridiculous. Why the hell has everyone in the world become despressed about worthless ****?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip