The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

View Poll Results: What should WB do with the DCEU?
Continue 2 33.33%
Reboot 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

DCEU: Continuation or Reboot

It seems as though WB doesn't have a clear route of what it wants for the DC Extended Universe. Even after Wonder Woman, she wasn't enough to reel back in those who saw her movie to see JL.

After Justice League Box Office sales, I'm rather concerned more than ever about the movie. Do you think that the DCEU should continue and try to improve or is it a dead horse that needs a reboot?

I say just reboot. There's nothing more they can do at this point. The fact that they even want to do ma Flashpoint movie is a red flag.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Continue onward. Cancel everything in production except WW2 and SS2 (even "Shazam!"... f*** that movie), though, and get cracking on "The Batman," "Man of Steel 2," and "Green Lantern Corps." Focus everything on those.

Eventually they can circle back around and make a proper Justice League of America movie.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
AquaParade
Banned

I'm really unsure what they should do at this point. Everything has become such a mess.

What I can say is that I watched "The Dark Knight" last week and it blew me away all over again. It made me really ponder whether they should focus any energy on a shared universe.
I think they had it right with the original plan of hiring visionary directors and giving them their way.
Especially now that the brand is so tarnished. You will have a better chance of bringing someone with talent if you let them break free of your shared universe.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Continue onward. Cancel everything in production except WW2 and SS2 (even "Shazam!"... f*** that movie), though, and get cracking on "The Batman," "Man of Steel 2," and "Green Lantern Corps." Focus everything on those.

Eventually they can circle back around and make a proper Justice League of America movie.
I agree with this I want my Green Lantern movie dammit
Old 01-29-2018, 11:35 AM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Continue onward indeed. 3/4 of WB/DC's problems have been trying to dramatically course correct after every freaking movie.

Just pretend lousy parts of the previous movies didn't happen and recast as appropriate. (Looking at YOU two, Ezra Miller and Jesse Eisenberg.)

Let Aquaman, Wonder Woman 2, and Suicide Squad 2 happen (with a much better script for SS2). Heck, let Shazam happen, too... just don't try and tie it into the DCEU, let it be it's own thing and live or die on its own merits.

Make The Batman, Nightwing, and Batgirl (with somebody other than Joss Whedon).

Make Man of Steel 2, Green Lantern Corps, and a new Flash solo movie (no Flashpoint, new lead actor.)

Make those happen. Then Justice League 2, fighting Darkseid. DO NOT COPY/PASTE AN AVENGERS SCRIPT for Justice League 2.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:54 AM   #6
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

well Shazam started filming today

http://collider.com/shazam-filming-b..._medium=social