Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > Introductions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 05:58 PM   #1
CrypTonight
New Recruit

Just saying hello

Hi; new to The Technodrome.

Ninja Turtles were probably my favorite thing growing up. I related most with Leonardo and Donatello (tied?), followed by Raphael; which is ironic since I dressed up as Michelangelo for Halloween once (I think I liked his weapon the best). These days I relate strongest with Raphael, but I'm still a think-tank like Donatello, and admire (plus sometimes borrow from) Leonardo's leadership, and am conscious to act responsibly like him. Still not a wild party-animal like Mike - and probably will never be; it's just not in my blood :p.

I used to wear Ninja Turtles t-shirts and baseball caps to school before it was popular to do so. (In other words, I got picked on for it.) I would always watch the cartoons, and collected the toys, and some comics. Oh and I loved the arcade & NES games.

I remember being captivated by the ambiance of the first live-action movie. The more recent ones are actually good, but the magic of movie-making - in general, is just not what it used to be. Human hands had to figure out how to create things to look good on screen. Now it's all CGI, so it almost feels cheated in a way, but I gotta give the animators credit for extraordinary work & patience to produce the eye-candy that I tend to take for granted. At the same time, it removes any limitations on what could be done decades ago. Everything just feels overdone and over-the-top in every action flick now, and nothing I see on screen can make me go "Wow, I can't imagine how they did that." (because how they did that is by spending countless hours in front of a computer), so the sense of wonder is almost gone.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by CrypTonight; 04-09-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:03 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Welcome to the technodrome forums, enjoyed reading your post and hope you enjoy your stay

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Hi there .

Good to see you coming by; seems you've taken a while, but it's good that you've joined us.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:11 PM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Welcome LeoDon87 or is it Cryptonight? J.K. Going by what you wrote. What brings you onboard the Technodrome, home of all that is evil? Looking forward to a lot of insight from you!
Closed Thread