The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #141
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'm not sure I follow. Foot #1 was supposed to be December yet here it is. Would #18being there mix up the rankings that much anyways?
I can't remember so much what was and wasn't impacted by the Long Beach strike but I'm pretty sure Foot Clan #1 was and so that put it with #2 in January.

Regardless, it's kind of hard to explain and I'm not doing a very good job of it.
I was just saying that the numbers themselves are accurate but they aren't being compared in the correct months. Foot #1 should be in December's (which would put it in comparison with ongoing #17). #18 should be in January's (which would put it in comparison with Foot #2).
In most other months TMNT ongoing is selling 16-18K copies and, without the data for the ongoing in the January report, Foot #1 and #2 look to be higher than they are. In addition, who knows what else is missing from the January report that will appear in February's.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #142
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

The numbers most likely go by pre-sales, so shouldn't matter to much the exact week (and by extension, month) that the book landed in.

That Foot Clan number looks closer to the ongoing number, so maybe they go switched?

Or maybe some orders came out of nowhere, that I don't know about. Doubtful though.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #143
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sprite posted this on the IDW forums sales thread:

Quote:
Sales for January:

108 TMNT Secret Foot Clan #1 18,315
147 TMNT Secret Foot Clan #2 13,180

119 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Vol. 3 941
Is this accurate? Maybe #1 did sell 18,000 and it was #2 that dropped to 13,000....?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #144
Martin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
very good sales for the new tmnt comics books but sales would have been lot higher if it was released worldwide and not onl in few country. Does IDW realise that they lost thousands of sales by not releasing it in all countries?
Amen to that. I live in Argentina and the only reasonable way to get the comics is to order trades from amazon. It's cheaper than the alternatives, but it's still a lot of money for a bunch of 20 page comics

And don't get me started on getting individual issues... shipping costs are off the roof!
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #145
frank_one
Mad Scientist

You have just to be patient. IDW ongoing TMNT comic is coming in Europe through Panini Comics before the end of this year (Italy and Germany are confirmed, as far as I know). I'm sure they'll release it soon in other countries around the world as well.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #146
ToTheNines
[sic]

February numbers:

129. TMNT #18 - 16,172
131. TMNT #19 - 16,125
157. Secret History of the Foot Clan - 12,868

Good month, I'd say. Only IDW book that sold better than the ongoing was GI Joe #1. Which has a movie coming out and, obviously, is a #1.

Also the "Sins of The Fathers" TPB ranked 46th and sold 1,615 copies.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #147
CyberCubed
Overlord

Good numbers, although its a shame the sales aren't in the 18,000-19,000 range like they were last year.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #148
ToTheNines
[sic]

I wouldn't say "a shame", but then again I'm not a drama queen like you.

Like I said, TMNT is basically IDW's hottest selling book. Unless Viacom's licensing fees are astronomical, we're still looking at a very long run for this title.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #149
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I wouldn't say "a shame", but then again I'm not a drama queen like you.

Like I said, TMNT is basically IDW's hottest selling book. Unless Viacom's licensing fees are astronomical, we're still looking at a very long run for this title.
Agreed. The book has already passed the length of Volume 2, and will soon over pass Volume 3, and 4's in length. Anyone think it will surpass Volume 1 in length?

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #150
frank_one
Mad Scientist

It has already passed Tales of TMNT vol.1 as well
The ultimate goal is to pass Tales of TMNT vol. 2 (70 issues).
Old 03-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #151
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

I would say it definitely has the staying power to make a long run, but I can see it being relaunched (still with a continuous publishing schedule) similar to IDW relaunching the GI JOE, Transformers, and Ghostbusters ongoing series all within the last year.

I could see if a major change happens, say like the death of a major character, whether that is Splinter, Shredder, or another character, that I could see the series being relaunched. It might cause a rift between the turtles and they may pair off & go their separate ways for a while before being reunited. I personally hope we get one continuous series with multiple tie-in minis & Micro-Series volumes, but you can't deny the #1 selling power, diamonds sales numbers over the past 2 years certainly back that argument up.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #152
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:

Like I said, TMNT is basically IDW's hottest selling book.
Good news!!!!! the numbers aren't amazing, but they are holding and hopefully we will have many more to come!!!!!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #153
Hardshell
Foot Soldier

Losing just 3000 readers over the course of the year shows great stability for the comic considering how some of the bigger titles will shed 3000 a month. There is no "shame" in the numbers. The book is doing great. I actually expect sales to increase a little bit with the upcoming mega-arc.
Hardshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #154
liugeaux
Hench Mutant

These last few issues have done well probably because of the good reviews both The Krang War and The Secret History were getting.
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #155
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

yeah i really wish more people would jump on board with this series. it's such a great series.

I think the sales figured are good, but not dominating obviously. I think we should be in the top 100 comics though.

it is possible that some fans from earlier years are turned off by this reboot because they think it is similair to the cartoon that is out now.

which I don't like at all. I don't know, this new series is really good, but nothing like the cartoon in style or content. I hope the word gets out more. We're barely 1.5 years in
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #156
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I would hope we get back up to a steady 18,000 with #22. That number just looks better than 16.2. Though it is nice to see it was not even 50 less between #18 and #19. I would think the strike and three week shipping delay for most of us hurt the sales a little bit. Also being a concluding chapter, #20 should score a bit better in total copies sold.

How is this series selling compared to Archie's Adventures line?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #157
HeroTurtlesFan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
You have just to be patient. IDW ongoing TMNT comic is coming in Europe through Panini Comics before the end of this year (Italy and Germany are confirmed, as far as I know). I'm sure they'll release it soon in other countries around the world as well.
Hi, small correction: The Panini comic is NOT reprinting the IDW ongoing series. The Panini comic, which launches in May, features all new exclusive comic strips (stand by, you completists!) alongside games/fact files/free gifts etc, similar to the company's recently-cancelled "Thundercats" title.

Obviously, it is centred around the new cartoon series.
HeroTurtlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #158
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan View Post
Hi, small correction: The Panini comic is NOT reprinting the IDW ongoing series. The Panini comic, which launches in May, features all new exclusive comic strips (stand by, you completists!) alongside games/fact files/free gifts etc, similar to the company's recently-cancelled "Thundercats" title.

Obviously, it is centred around the new cartoon series.
Panini IS reprinting the IDW ongoing series as well, I'm sure about it. The first issue, containing IDW ongoing series #1 and #2 has been already announced here in Italy and I'm sure they're going to release this series in other European countries too. It is part of their deal, they say.
They're gonna publish some kind of magazine based on the new cartoon series as well, like you said.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #159
Chris
Mad Scientist

The numbers are still really healthy. The book's had some good word of mouth recently, hopefully that combined Kevin Eastman doing art for the next issue and the start of City Fall (and the online promotion that's had) will give the numbers a bump for 21 and get more people reading the book.

What surprised me are the numbers for TMNT Adventures Vol. 3, I know the Adventures collections are over priced for 4 issues (and we aren't at the really good stuff yet), but below 1k? I just hope IDW keep putting them out, I'd hate for them to stop before they reach the stories everyone wants.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #160
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
What surprised me are the numbers for TMNT Adventures Vol. 3, I know the Adventures collections are over priced for 4 issues (and we aren't at the really good stuff yet), but below 1k? I just hope IDW keep putting them out, I'd hate for them to stop before they reach the stories everyone wants.
Below 1k? Wow, I didn't know it was going so bad. The fact is that this series is based on an universe of the franchise most people doesn't care about anymore, the old cartoon. I know, actually only the first issues were strictly related to the cartoon and most of the stuff was new but a lot of people doesn't know it.

Tags
comic discussion