The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #81
pennydreadful
trash

Does anyone have any opinions on whether it's worth getting the boxed Turtle Van set if you already own the single season sets?

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #82
Powder
So tired of this place

Well, there have been many complaints that the van does not keep the discs too safe. They're just in foam slits, easily scratched because of that. So as far as durability is concerned, meh. If you really like the look of the thing, and wanna have back ups of the discs, I guess it's worth your time. But I can't see any reasons otherwise.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #83
GodzFire
Hench Mutant

Lionsgate doesn't give a crap about the TMNT franchise anymore. They put out their half-assed releases with subpar VHS quality picture which took almost a decade to complete and paltry extras (fullscreen and 2.0 mono as extras? Please!), and then said, 'meh, good enough, LAWL forget about fixing the 3 episodes' when they did the Van release.

I look forward to the day the rights expire from them and someone deserving like Shout can pick it up.
GodzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:12 PM   #84
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Oh, be happy you got a dvd release.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:09 AM   #85
pennydreadful
trash

Hmmm. Thanks Powder - I think, based on that, I'll just stick with what I've got for now.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:11 AM   #86
Leo656
The Franchise

I want it, but seriously can't justify the expense at the moment. Hopefully, one day.

I mean, I have all the individual sets, I'm just one'a those nitwits who has a lot of stuff laying around to show off. Like The Sword of Omens. I'unno what I'm ever gonna do with it, but I have it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:26 AM   #87
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Well, there have been many complaints that the van does not keep the discs too safe. They're just in foam slits, easily scratched because of that. So as far as durability is concerned, meh. If you really like the look of the thing, and wanna have back ups of the discs, I guess it's worth your time. But I can't see any reasons otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Hmmm. Thanks Powder - I think, based on that, I'll just stick with what I've got for now.
I don`t think its that bad. As long as you`re careful when putting the discs in their slot. They`re actually very secure once in place. At least in mine.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:48 AM   #88
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingclang View Post
I don`t think its that bad. As long as you`re careful when putting the discs in their slot. They`re actually very secure once in place. At least in mine.
I'd also suggest minding the way you put the lid back on too. The outer edges of the lid could come in contact with the underside of the discs and scratch if you're not careful enough. I remember almost doing that.

The one thing I liked about the set is how it came with a booklet that gives and episode-to-disc breakdown.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #89
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I'd also suggest minding the way you put the lid back on too. The outer edges of the lid could come in contact with the underside of the discs and scratch if you're not careful enough. I remember almost doing that.

The one thing I liked about the set is how it came with a booklet that gives and episode-to-disc breakdown.
Good point but yeah, just be careful. I'm cautious with discs and their boxes anyway so as long as you're careful it'll be fine. I still say the set is worth having.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #90
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingclang View Post
Good point but yeah, just be careful. I'm cautious with discs and their boxes anyway so as long as you're careful it'll be fine. I still say the set is worth having.
I take care of my things too, but **** happens. Lord knows that **** happens especially to me.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #91
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I take care of my things too, but **** happens. Lord knows that **** happens especially to me.
Trust me, I understand. I`m careful but still human. Dropping and breaking stuff happens.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #92
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

My set arrived today from Lionsgate!! I am SOOOO excited to get this thing finally!! Thanks OP for letting us know about it.

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #93
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

My DVD Box set has arrived today.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #94
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Well, it looks like the voting since I compared to the list I provided a couple years back has resulted in a few changes:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40022

You'll notice that Shredderville, Slash the Evil Turtle From Dimension X, and The Missing Map have been replaced by Planet of the Turtleoids (are we getting both parts?), My Brother, the Bad Guy (was #11 when I posted), and Turtles and the Hare (was #12 when I posted). Two of them IMO are decent replacements, though I find that Turtles and the Hare, while an episode with two distinct plots, can't measure up with the first Slash episode. That said, being a random compilation, is for fans who just don't care about having a complete season/series/set in order who just want to casually get some nostalgia. Expect this to lose its value like a sports video game.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #95
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Well, it looks like the voting since I compared to the list I provided a couple years back has resulted in a few changes:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40022

You'll notice that Shredderville, Slash the Evil Turtle From Dimension X, and The Missing Map have been replaced by Planet of the Turtleoids (are we getting both parts?), My Brother, the Bad Guy (was #11 when I posted), and Turtles and the Hare (was #12 when I posted). Two of them IMO are decent replacements, though I find that Turtles and the Hare, while an episode with two distinct plots, can't measure up with the first Slash episode. That said, being a random compilation, is for fans who just don't care about having a complete season/series/set in order who just want to casually get some nostalgia. Expect this to lose its value like a sports video game.
Interesting, Raphael Meets His Match not on the list? I think that episode is popular enough, With being the only one with Mona Lisa in it.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #96
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Collector Guy View Post
JUST RELEASE the full 2003 cartoon in a set, please? This is really getting ridiculous. OK, well, it was already ridiculous, but now it's even more so.
I'd buy the shell out of that LOL!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #97
billbot85
Mad Scientist

For those of you who have received the re-release of the Van Box Set:

Is Planet of the Turtleoids included? Also, are there are any other episodes that were left out?

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #98
tone-master21
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
For those of you who have received the re-release of the Van Box Set:

Is Planet of the Turtleoids included? Also, are there are any other episodes that were left out?
Yes, all the episodes are included
Old 07-01-2014, 10:08 PM   #99
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
Yes, all the episodes are included
In that case, I think it's worth getting, especially since it's a complete series that includes those lost episodes. I have most of the seasons on DVD already, but owning this just gives you the whole deal in one cool box set. I may get some kind of circular plastic cases to protect the DVD's though. Has anyone else here tried that? If so, would they still fit in the case?

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #100
tone-master21
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
In that case, I think it's worth getting, especially since it's a complete series that includes those lost episodes. I have most of the seasons on DVD already, but owning this just gives you the whole deal in one cool box set. I may get some kind of circular plastic cases to protect the DVD's though. Has anyone else here tried that? If so, would they still fit in the case?
The "lost episodes" were also included on the season 10 DVD ad bonus episodes.