The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #2421
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandraDC View Post
Loved the TMNTU that came out today! I saw that one of the future issues will be Mikey and Mondo, which will be really cool I'm sure. Just wondering if there will be any TMNTU stories focused on Leo in the near future?
Yes, Universe #25 will focus on Leo!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #2422
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefan27 View Post
Will we get to see woody any time soon?
Woody has a back up story all to himself in TMNT U#21!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #2423
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Woody has a back up story all to himself in TMNT U#21!
Wonderful, are we going to finally find out why he looks like the lovechild of Andy Dick and Matt Stone?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #2424
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,251
Haha, Woody Dirkins was created in honor of our former head of marketing, Dirk Wood. You can google pictures of him to see the resemblance.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #2425
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Haha, Woody Dirkins was created in honor of our former head of marketing, Dirk Wood. You can google pictures of him to see the resemblance.
Huh, Woody does pretty much look like a younger version of Dirk. I assume he's flattered?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:23 PM   #2426
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,251
Yes, I think so.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:30 PM   #2427
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 821
Hey Bobby, this has nothing to do with the TMNT and I know you really had nothing to do with the HC collections but I'm getting desperate here...

What happened with the Ghostbusters Mass Hysteria HC? I can't find it anywhere and yet I have no trouble finding the Total Containment one that came out long before it (places like Amazon are even getting hold of more stock for it).

I'm getting paroanoid and don't wanna miss it, but I really don't want to pay scalper prices for it, I mean, up to 200$ for a used copy is just bonkers...
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:44 PM   #2428
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Woody has a back up story all to himself in TMNT U#21!
Sweetness!! Thank you
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #2429
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,692
Hey Bobby, very excited to hear that Woody and Leo will be getting some limelight in TMNTU soon.

Also, really freaking excited to hear about the new Bebop and Rocksteady miniseries coming this August! Is there anything else you're allowed to say this far out? I'm guessing it's still in the early stages, scripting and page layouts and all that? I'm really curious what the article means by their powers acting up but I know plot details like that are best left to see when the story comes out.

I do have one question I hope you'll be able to answer now though: is Anchovy still with them??
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:13 PM   #2430
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,516
Bobby, I know that you can't go into any detail on this, nor am I asking you to, but is there an end in sight for the Null storyline? Have you guys worked out where it's going? And might we some day see her in the main ongoing?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:46 PM   #2431
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Hey Bobby, this has nothing to do with the TMNT and I know you really had nothing to do with the HC collections but I'm getting desperate here...

What happened with the Ghostbusters Mass Hysteria HC? I can't find it anywhere and yet I have no trouble finding the Total Containment one that came out long before it (places like Amazon are even getting hold of more stock for it).

I'm getting paroanoid and don't wanna miss it, but I really don't want to pay scalper prices for it, I mean, up to 200$ for a used copy is just bonkers...
Sorry, I know nothing!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:47 PM   #2432
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Hey Bobby, very excited to hear that Woody and Leo will be getting some limelight in TMNTU soon.

Also, really freaking excited to hear about the new Bebop and Rocksteady miniseries coming this August! Is there anything else you're allowed to say this far out? I'm guessing it's still in the early stages, scripting and page layouts and all that? I'm really curious what the article means by their powers acting up but I know plot details like that are best left to see when the story comes out.

I do have one question I hope you'll be able to answer now though: is Anchovy still with them??
I can't say much other than Ben and Dustin are currently set to do all of the art themselves, which is a real treat I wasn't expecting.

And yes, Anchovy is with them!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:48 PM   #2433
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Bobby, I know that you can't go into any detail on this, nor am I asking you to, but is there an end in sight for the Null storyline? Have you guys worked out where it's going? And might we some day see her in the main ongoing?
I wouldn't say we know the "end" of her storyline but we know what her role will be in the overall story leading up to #100. I think it's very likely we'll see her in the ongoing eventually.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #2434
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,406
This is slightly unrelated, but just saw IDW is ending their Transformers run this year:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...on-18-unicron/

Quote:
The comic will start with an issue #0 on Free Comic Book Day (May 5), and then begin proper in July, shipping twice monthly. The series will be “the epic conclusion to the current Transformers comic book universe” that IDW and Simon Furman began back in 2005: at the panel, Barber candidly spoke about he and the other creative teams on the Transformers/Hasbro books – including “Lost Light” writer James Roberts – decided to pull the trigger on the universe, giving it a finale that readers could not experience somewhere like Marvel Comics.
Is IDW losing the license to Transformers after this year? Last year in 2017 IDW posted a 91% loss in net income:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...ancial-report/

Should we be worried about the future of TMNT? Or is Nick still content with sales? I hope IDW TMNT has a lengthy future ahead of it still post-issue 100.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:59 PM   #2435
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I wouldn't say we know the "end" of her storyline but we know what her role will be in the overall story leading up to #100. I think it's very likely we'll see her in the ongoing eventually.
Thanks for that!

Especially in the wake of the new B&R mini being announced, every time I ask myself if this comic can get any better, the answer is always "Yes!" and the fact that you guys keep outdoing yourselves month after month, year after year, is nothing short of incredible. Keep up the amazing work!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 04:24 AM   #2436
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This is slightly unrelated, but just saw IDW is ending their Transformers run this year:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...on-18-unicron/



Is IDW losing the license to Transformers after this year? Last year in 2017 IDW posted a 91% loss in net income:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...ancial-report/

Should we be worried about the future of TMNT? Or is Nick still content with sales? I hope IDW TMNT has a lengthy future ahead of it still post-issue 100.
I read somewhere that the head of IDW did something that really ticked Hasbro off, I can't remember what it was though or even where I read it. If this sounds familiar, just point out what it was.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #2437
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This is slightly unrelated, but just saw IDW is ending their Transformers run this year:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...on-18-unicron/



Is IDW losing the license to Transformers after this year? Last year in 2017 IDW posted a 91% loss in net income:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...ancial-report/

Should we be worried about the future of TMNT? Or is Nick still content with sales? I hope IDW TMNT has a lengthy future ahead of it still post-issue 100.
We're not losing the TF license as far as I know, no one has said anything to me about it. And that 91% drop of net income is because we sold two TV shows the year prior (which was the result of years of work), and sold no TV shows in 2017, resulting in what looks like a major drop. Yes, comic sales were down too, but in line with the industry average. Keen eyed observers will note that we have kept our market share and #4 publisher spot.

As far as I know Nickelodeon is very happy in all respects.

I realize that as an employee of the company it is expected that I defend the company in some respect, but these are the things I know. I have an active dislike for the business side of things, so try and avoid getting too involved in it. As such, I may be mistaken in some way.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:31 PM   #2438
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I read somewhere that the head of IDW did something that really ticked Hasbro off, I can't remember what it was though or even where I read it. If this sounds familiar, just point out what it was.
I can absolutely confirm that's not the case.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:50 PM   #2439
phillytmnt
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 49
Hey Bobby,

When can we expect to hear some news about Mateus Santolouco's TMNT mini- series that got approved by Nick? Also, will we be seeing more of Kitsune and what she is plotting sometime soon?


Thanks!
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:21 PM   #2440
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,251
Can't say anything about any rumored Mateus project yet!

We'll touch in with Kitsune before the end of the year.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.