The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-27-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Deadpool 3

Deadpool will (probably?) be popping up here and there (maybe first in "Thor: Love and Thunder") before Deadpool 3.

https://alongtheboards.com/2019/09/2...e-and-thunder/

https://thedigitalwise.com/2019/09/2...etails-inside/

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-27-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:54 PM   #2
raph27
Mad Scientist

The first link goes to an article about birth control. Was that intended?
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:38 AM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
https://www.sideshow.com/storage/pro...arvel_silo.png

Deadpool will (probably?) be popping up here and there (maybe first in "Thor: Love and Thunder") before Deadpool 3.

https://alongtheboards.com/2019/09/2...e-and-thunder/

https://thedigitalwise.com/2019/09/2...etails-inside/
Wegotthiscovered are the originators of this "rumor" so do not believe this one until a more reputable source brings it up with actual source.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:08 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Reaffirming R-rating (also that Deadpool may be allowed to interact with the MCU):

http://www.darkhorizons.com/deadpool...3-thor-4-talk/
Old 10-15-2019, 08:20 PM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

Just a month ago, there was another spate of articles claiming that there almost definitely wasn't going to be a Deadpool 3 anytime soon, and if there was it was absolutely going to be PG-13 so as not to "go against the proven MCU formula" (which is what I've been predicting since the sale/merger/hostile takeover/whatever it is - They will NEVER make an R-Rated MCU movie in this lifetime, there's absolutely zero upside to it).

The most likely truth right now is, they don't have anything set up yet, they're just leaking rumors every few weeks to see how people react.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:42 PM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

I actually do think Deadpool could work fine as a "hard" pg-13. I'd like the guarantee of "R", but I don't think that will make or break the film.

What they really need to focus on is getting back to a somewhat heartfelt, focused story. I love Deadpooo 2, but I think it can be improved upon.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:03 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Just a month ago, there was another spate of articles claiming that there almost definitely wasn't going to be a Deadpool 3 anytime soon, and if there was it was absolutely going to be PG-13 so as not to "go against the proven MCU formula" (which is what I've been predicting since the sale/merger/hostile takeover/whatever it is - They will NEVER make an R-Rated MCU movie in this lifetime, there's absolutely zero upside to it).
Seems that a Deadpool 3 will not be an MCU movie or branded as such... but MCU characters can still show up in them. And Deadpool can show up in MCU movies.

And they don't value Deadpool so that they can run him through the MCU formula... they value him because they can utilize the Deadpool formula. Individually Deadpool 1 and 2 did better than ANY OTHER X-Men movie, even more than Days of Future Past... and at a fraction of the budget and hard R ratings. Basically a billion dollars a film, why mess with that?

Quote:
The most likely truth right now is, they don't have anything set up yet, they're just leaking rumors every few weeks to see how people react.
They're definitely pitching ideas still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I actually do think Deadpool could work fine as a "hard" pg-13. I'd like the guarantee of "R", but I don't think that will make or break the film.
Maybe to some extent, but the fanbase would rightly feel betrayed and that'd be that for anyone caring about Deadpool anymore or Deadpool having the same marquee value.

There's really no point in seeing a PG-13 Deadpool movie, IMHO. The draw of Deadpool is super crass humor, gore, and potty-mouthed dialogue at an R-level that makes fun of your run of the mill PG-13 superhero fare by comparison. If you know you're getting none of those things, why go?

Quote:
What they really need to focus on is getting back to a somewhat heartfelt, focused story. I love Deadpool 2, but I think it can be improved upon.
I dug Deadpool 2 enough, though it seemed a little tired. Like, you can tell they had a long time to refine the first movie... but the second seemed a bit rushed out the door.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:37 PM   #8
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Seems that a Deadpool 3 will not be an MCU movie or branded as such... but MCU characters can still show up in them. And Deadpool can show up in MCU movies.

And they don't value Deadpool so that they can run him through the MCU formula... they value him because they can utilize the Deadpool formula. Individually Deadpool 1 and 2 did better than ANY OTHER X-Men movie, even more than Days of Future Past... and at a fraction of the budget and hard R ratings. Basically a billion dollars a film, why mess with that?

They're definitely pitching ideas still.

Maybe to some extent, but the fanbase would rightly feel betrayed and that'd be that for anyone caring about Deadpool anymore or Deadpool having the same marquee value.

There's really no point in seeing a PG-13 Deadpool movie, IMHO. The draw of Deadpool is super crass humor, gore, and potty-mouthed dialogue at an R-level that makes fun of your run of the mill PG-13 superhero fare by comparison. If you know you're getting none of those things, why go?

I dug Deadpool 2 enough, though it seemed a little tired. Like, you can tell they had a long time to refine the first movie... but the second seemed a bit rushed out the door.
Yeah, that is how Deadpool 2 felt, in comparison to the first. It's odd though, because it does improve upon the first in some ways, like action choreography and set-pieces. It leaves me feeling like each are missing a little something.

I think you make a good point about the rating. A lot of the two Deadpool films so far have been special because of the boundaries they're been able to break, in large part due to rating. But also due general irreverence, and fourth wall breaking.
Maybe it's that I feel the films can actually be more than that. I think a strong appeal of Deadpool 1 actually was the genuine love story aspect, as well as Deadpools charm. You could build off those elements and still deliver a lot of kick-ass action. Perhaps that's enough for a great Deadpool film. I'm not really sure.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:47 AM   #9
Leo656
The Franchise

"It did better than the other X-Men movies" is the logic everyone falls back on when trying to explain why Disney/Marvel "needs" Deadpool, and "needs" to do it exactly as it's been done.

They absolutely don't. Why not? Because they made a billion dollars with a talking raccoon and a bunch of other guys nobody had ever heard of. That's why none of that other stuff matters. They can snap their fingers and manufacture another "billion-dollar franchise" with anyone from Speedball to Squirrel Girl, if they want to, and they don't have to risk pissing off the soccer mommies by making an R-Rated "Super-Hero" film, OR the "hardcore Deadpool fans" who'd inevitably be pissed off by a neutered version of the character.

"Deadpool made more money than any other X-Men movie, they're not gonna mess with Deapool". Feh. And the very first MCU X-Men movie is going to make even more money than Deadpool, and it's gonna be PG-13. Deadpool, as-is, is too much of a risk for a notoriously "safe" corporation as Disney. That was the entire point of the PG-13 re-release of Deadpool 2, whether anyone wants to admit it or not: just to see if they could still make a few bucks on a "censored" version, and whether or not it would be worth anyone's time to try and do more stuff like that with the character going forward.

I can absolutely see Deadpool popping up as a background character in future MCU X-Movies, but R-Rated Deadpool solo movies are almost certainly over with and done. Disney "corporate" would have nothing to gain and everything to lose by putting out more movies like the first two.

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong on this one, by the way, but they've worked very hard to establish a "brand" with their Marvel films, and that brand is based on a consistent and "safe" product. Deadpool doesn't fit that, and having him exist outside of the MCU just so it can be R-Rated makes no sense at all for their business model.

We'll see. I personally think they'll just re-cast it when Ryan Reynolds refuses to go along with the grand plan, and ultimately nobody's going to complain too much; so long as there's a lot of the goofy humor of the first two, they won't miss the violence, no matter what they say now. And then Disney can sell Deadpool toys to kids with a clear conscience, which is ultimately why they're in business, and they won't have to so in a disingenuous fashion. That's what the smart money says. Disney making R-Rated Deadpool movies? Crazy talk! Never happen.

Old 10-18-2019, 04:27 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/...l-news-a171182

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are currently doing the rounds to promote Zombieland: Double Tap, and, as you might expect, they've been asked a lot about Deadpool's possible arrival in the MCU.

"We definitely we want to play in the sandbox," Reese said. "One of the great things about the MCU is how rich and broad it is. For instance, just think about the world of villains, how great the world of villains are. We're never able to use a lot of those villains because they were on the MCU. Well, now we can. So, right away, we're definitely excited about getting the shot to do that."

"I think Ryan is too. I think the MCU people are too, just the idea of throwing Deadpool into the mix is exciting to them. I would not at all be shocked to see a really fun crossover that we're taking advantage of of all the tools at our disposal and all the rich characters at our disposal," Reese concludes, hopefully dropping some hints about what Deadpool will be getting up to in the MCU.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:34 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

They don't even have to acknowledge it was in a different universe. Deadpool could just have a line saying how Disney bought him and leave everything the same, just not show any X-men anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:47 AM   #12
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Aaaaactually.... They just announced on TMZ or Access Hollywood (I forget which) a couple of days ago that YES, Deadpool IS going to show up, and YES, his next movie WILL be R. It came straight from the source, after specifically being asked about. I was pretty happy at the news, given all the speculation that has been done on the subject.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:22 AM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Aaaaactually.... They just announced on TMZ or Access Hollywood (I forget which) a couple of days ago that YES, Deadpool IS going to show up, and YES, his next movie WILL be R. It came straight from the source, after specifically being asked about. I was pretty happy at the news, given all the speculation that has been done on the subject.
I still won't believe it until there's a trailer and official release date.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:02 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, I mean it's not like movie studios ever lie or tell people exactly what they wanna hear, or anything.

"Believe half of what you see and absolutely none of what you hear, because everything, everywhere, is a work." That's Pro Wrasslin' 101. They teach you that before they even teach you how to bump. It's an invaluable life skill.

We'll see. My money says we'll see Squirrel Girl and two sequels long before we see an R-Rated Deadpool movie with the Disney brand on it. If I'm wrong I'm wrong! I just don't see it, though.

Old 12-27-2019, 11:12 AM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Reynolds confirms it's actively being worked on at Marvel Studios:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/12...arvel-studios/
Old 12-27-2019, 11:25 AM   #16
AquaParade
Banned

Wonderful to hear. Deadpool is somehow comforting to me.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:54 PM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Deadpool 1 bored me, and I was so irritated with the cliches in Deadpool 2 that I turned it off 20 minutes into the film.

But I'm in the minority on this, so hey, most of y'all should be happy!

I wonder how adversely Disney will affect/oversee the threequel's production?
Old 12-27-2019, 04:03 PM   #18
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Deadpool 1 bored me, and I was so irritated with the cliches in Deadpool 2 that I turned it off 20 minutes into the film.

But I'm in the minority on this, so hey, most of y'all should be happy!

I wonder how adversely Disney will affect/oversee the threequel's production?
I get this. I don't think the films are perfect and, for movies I love, I actually do have a lot of quibbles. Something about the character just really charms me but I can imagine the exact opposite effect.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:25 PM   #19
AquaParade
Banned

https://deadline.com/2020/11/deadpoo...el-1234617182/

Quote:
‘Deadpool 3’: Marvel Studios And Ryan Reynolds Tap The Molyneux Sisters To Pen The Sequel
Quote:
Writer meetings have been taking place over the past month with Reynolds recently meeting with a handful of writers to hear their pitch for the next installment. In the end, the studio and Reynolds saw the sisters take as the perfect fit for what they wanted. The film is still in early development but the hiring of the Molyneux sisters does mark the first major step in getting the next Deadpool film into production.
I had a feeling the original writers wouldn't be back, but that was before Disney even came into play officially, so it could be unrelated. I just thought the writing in Deadpool 2 was pretty weak, with a lot of recycled jokes and bits that felt sort of pandering or even desperate. Thing is, they had been around from the start, working with Ryan Reynolds to get this thing made, so you couldn't just leave em high and dry. But honestly, for all the things I do poorly, I pick up on social cues pretty well, and I got the feeling during the press for Deadpool 2 that Ryan was trying to shake these guys for the next film, respectively.

Of course, the more interesting bits to everyone else are just the fact that this is being made under the Disney banner and the question of general tone and rating.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:29 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It won't be *literally* under the Disney banner. If not just under the Fox banner (which they can do), then I bet they'll make some other one for movies like it and maybe the new Blade. Like "Marvel Dark" or something.

A little bit sad that they're just trying to crack the script/story now... so many years into things. They've had all this time to be looking at pitches and whatnot, even if the production would be far off.