The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Uh... dumb that down a notch?
The heart is a soft muscle... squish. 43 46.24%
That is so adorable, and sad. It's... sadorable. 22 23.66%
Kraang is that which is called Idiotic. 22 23.66%
Listen to the silence... find a giant pearly ball thing. :\ 2 2.15%
....did Raph fart on Don in the opening scene? 4 4.30%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #261
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
we'd just have to keep him away from some of the more...opinionated technodrome go-ers
how would we do that T^T.....that sounds impossible...(oh wait...is there an ignore list!?)

but It would be nice if he came back! I would have loved to chat with him :3
Old 08-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #262
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The fundamental difference of opinion here is that everyone seems to be coloring their views on Newtralizer on his potential, and how he may or may not be a pretty compelling character 5 episodes from now, or 20. I'm just saying his introductory episode painted him as entirely one dimensional -- I'm not hedging my bets on what I think he will be later on because those episodes don't exist yet.

That's a pretty nonsensical statement. Vader is one of the most iconic screen villains there's ever been, even without Episodes V and VI. Cold, calculating, yet also in the pocket of guys like Grand Moff Tarkin... and we're given just enough about him (he killed Luke's father somehow, at some point in the past) that our imagination can run wild.

Newtralizer... um... he just attacks everything and everybody for no reason. And has some blasters that he wanted to get back. He doesn't even appear to be sentient.
I agree. He was awesome but basically mindless minster # 47. If he can talk why didn't he speak in some alien language? Growls are just growls. Like I said they better come up with some reason why he couldn't talk before. Maybe he has no voice and the voice actor is just doing the growls. Idk.

Yeah this episide's 'look he's fine' thing was the worst. The turtles just left. Why didn't he just blow the door down and chase them? Is he gonna just growl like an idiot in the car shop for another 20 minutes allowing the guys that dropped a car on him get away??

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #263
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

This was a pretty good episode! I enjoyed how they portrayed Raphael in this episode, in which the show finally displayed Raph's genuine concern for Donatello's well-being and happiness rather than the previous episodes where Raph was much cruder to him.

I'm getting the impression that the version of Kirby O'Neil that was rescued was a robotic drone version of the human Kirby O'Neil or sometype of brainwashing. (I kind of guess that before reading the thread here because Kirby's emotional reactions were blunted somewhat and off-key.) He'll probably have some secret transmitter on him to alert the Kraang and Shredder on where exactly the lair is and thus, probably lead into the Season 1's finale.

As for the speculation as to whether Kirby and April are not really human at all, I hope that's not true. With so many aliens (the Kraang) and mutants around in the series, it seems as if the humans in the show are significantly underrepresented.

As for the Newtralizer, its position (ally/villain) was clearly ambiguous for suspense, but I'm sure the character will develop. But for now, it just seemed like another imprisoned mutant of the Kraang, almost like Leatherhead, but as for this episode by itself, Newtralizer was a bit forgettable and unknown. ...But again, I'm sure the character will develop.

I'm glad they showed Shredder and the Kraang collaborating together at a much deeper level by having Shredder being permitted to enter the TCRI building to thicken the plot and suspense of just how deeply involved their plans are in destroying the Turtles. But then it begs the question if either one has a plan to backstab the other if they think they destroyed the Turtles, or if a particular agreed plan doesn't work. Hmm....

The episode worked well in setting up for the Season 1 finale, with Kirby O'Neil being rescued since he was kidnapped in the Season 1 premiere, but of course adding some mystery to it, if its truly him.

Let's see what develops now.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #264
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYX View Post

As for the speculation as to whether Kirby and April are not really human at all, I hope that's not true. With so many aliens (the Kraang) and mutants around in the series, it seems as if the humans in the show are significantly underrepresented.
That's why Casey Jones would most likely be the sixth ranger in season 2 to represent the badass normal human, complete with he has no ninja training.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #265
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

I got it! April and Kirby are an alien species from Dimension X that are similar to humans (like Superman) who came to Earth with no memories and now the Kraang are hunting them down due to a long standing grudge they had.

Ok, that was joke. At any rate, I just got done finally viewing this episode. It was pretty cool but I agree that Newtralizer seemed to be overhyped. He reminded me of a less interesting Leatherhead with no personality and a lot of anger and guns.

As for Kirby, I don't think he could be a Kraang robot. They can't even make their own robots have emotions or eye expressions. Unless Baxter Stockman had combined his knowledge with the Kraang and made the robots able to express emotions and dialogue better? But for now, I am agreeing with the "brainwashed" theory.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #266
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Copyright issues would make sense for the different spelling for Krang.

I hope he is being mind controlled and a not a clone/copy or has been working for them.
Or to keep up a good distance between taking influences from the 1987 show, but still show people that the 2012 show is standing more independent on its own.

But this episode rocked.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #267
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I got it! April and Kirby are an alien species from Dimension X that are similar to humans (like Superman) who came to Earth with no memories and now the Kraang are hunting them down due to a long standing grudge they had.

Ok, that was joke.
That theory is among some others that are actually plausible tbh.

Other than that, April could be a subject of experimentation by Kirby that made her different from other humans.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #268
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
That theory is among some others that are actually plausible tbh.

Other than that, April could be a subject of experimentation by Kirby that made her different from other humans.
Having seen Monkey Brains several more times, I don't think it's a coincidence that the plot of modified mutagen giving someone physic abilities is the same episode we first discover April's ability of sensing feelings and emotions.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #269
Martin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
Having seen Monkey Brains several more times, I don't think it's a coincidence that the plot of modified mutagen giving someone physic abilities is the same episode we first discover April's ability of sensing feelings and emotions.
Or that kirby's eyes were blood shot at the end of op break out just like the eyes of whatshisname doctor from monkey brains. I still don't know how, but they might be related.

PS: I love your sig xD
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #270
victory_angel
Foot Elite

April could be a Neutrino because we don't know much about her mother other then the fact her mother is supposedly dead.

Probability 1: An as yet unknown Neutrino woman escapes to Earth from Dimention X. The said woman meets a young Dr. O'Neil, they fall in love, marry, and have a young daughter. Knowing that her family is in danger of being discovered by the Kraang the Neutrino Woman leaves her husband and child to prevent the Kraang from finding them. She is supposedly killed sometime after this. However the Kraang later discover April is a cross breed of Earth and Dimention X after she sends in her DNA sample to the WGP.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #271
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

I don't know if its been mentioned yet (sorry), but could we assume what April found was The Turnstone from Archie Comics?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #272
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
I don't know if its been mentioned yet (sorry), but could we assume what April found was The Turnstone from Archie Comics?
Assuming anyone at Nick ever read the Archie comics.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #273
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
Probably not. The Turnstone is pretty obscure and I'm not sure anyone working on the show has ever seen it.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #274
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I have read some of the Archie Comics and I know Donatello becomes fairly obsessed with it there. It seems April might be the one who becomes rather obsessed with it in this incarnation.

But the Kraang do call it a communication device, and I have a feeling it wasn't in the sewers by accident.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #275
Raphaeline
Foot Soldier

What is the Turnstone? is it like the Arkenstone?
Old 08-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #276
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Probably last one in world to see the last chapter ...bur absolutely enjoy them!

Adorable...and NOT sadorable chapter Don centric!

Most interesting points to comment:

1) We had seen a small pink brain eaten by Newtralizer! ...until now ...If Im not mistake...always those were stuck on wall and run away....this time...: deathly end for the one kraang!! Newtralizer is going to be a hard oponent!

2) Why Donatello almost faint when he was huge by April this time??...(he was huge previously)...because this time HE was the Hero that saves the day...as Lovely Raphael show her/everyone!!!

Oops: also....yea...I think about mind control when I saw the red eyes...similar to Monkey Brains chapter...!

ADORABLE DONATELLO!!!!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #277
Sumac
Banned

Awesome episode!!
Donatello was awesome as befitting my favorite turtle.
Newtralizer reminded me about Punisher for some reason.

Generally very good episode with good action scenes.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote