The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-06-2020, 07:55 AM   #1361
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Hmmmm, so Tyson Hesse, the guy who did the redesign for Sonic in the movie, confirmed the leader of the echidna tribe in that one scene (his design is different than the other echidnas, and he fires the arrow that kills Longclaw) Was Pachacamac, the echidna chief from Sonic adventure. I wonder if he will be the big bad in this version, allying with robotnik, and trying to obtain the power of the Chaos emeralds for conquest, only to unleash Perfect Chaos on the world.
I don't think Longclaw got killed. We only see the portal close and that's it. I suspect Longclaw lived after the portal closed. And she's the one who sent Tails in that after credit scene.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:18 AM   #1362
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I don't think Longclaw got killed. We only see the portal close and that's it. I suspect Longclaw lived after the portal closed. And she's the one who sent Tails in that after credit scene.
Notice how I said 'killed' in quotations, we don't know if she died, you're right. But that wasn't my point anyway. My point was about Pachacamac being the big bad for a possible first trilogy.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:07 PM   #1363
Jazzfox
Thug

I am happy to think like you guys say that Sonic managed to just hit the right moment of release that it got plenty of love before things went sideways out there

Having so quick a digital release to boot is a big thing in itself, I'm hoping it picks up on its success and we do get to see more. I know the biggest cheer in the theater (besides the opening shot of the Paramount logo replaced with gold rings, lol) was that surprise appearance in the mid-credits

As for my own thoughts on the movie... I think I'm one of the folks who didn't get much out of it, the humor just didn't quite hit my funny bone, but, I like the movie overall

Maybe it's not the perfect idea of 'my' childhood Sonic? But I love seeing the reactions it received and I love seeing how much new kids are seeing this Sonic and enjoying the movie

I think I spent so long wondering about how a Sonic movie could be that I was never gonna be satisfied, lol, but what can I say? All the pieces are here, and with everything positioned as it is at the end of the movie between Carrie, the possibility of new characters and perhaps even more from the echidna as villains, heck yeah I wanna see this go further!

And I promise as a new person not to pester Aqua not to watch if he doesn't wanna, I think it's the excitement of having something enjoyed you wanna share that experience, and, even if you find someone that dislikes it, at least you get to talk different viewpoints

But, then finding someone else who decides not to look at the material can feel like hitting a brick wall, and trust me, lol, I've seen several people in that situation take sledgehammers to that wall just to try and get reactions

I know similar happened to a friend who never watched Game of Thrones, who was a big dragon fan and I wanted their input on what they thought of the portrayals of the dragons in battle in the show, but, he'd been badgered by folks SO much to watch the show he just straight up refused to watch it at that point

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 04:09 AM   #1364
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
So many of these movies do this nowadays and it's generally pretty dumb. "You guys aren't paying to see the characters you know, you're paying to see them BEFORE they become that character! That's what you want, right?
Finally, somebody gets it. Thank you sooo much!
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:31 AM   #1365
Slade
god status

I liked it fine. I'm not a huge Sonic fan so I don't much about the lore as others. I don't think it's a must see though.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:35 AM   #1366
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

This is very funny and clever.

ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #1367
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I have no idea what Jim Carey characters are those robots supposed to be after The Riddler, The Mask and Ace Ventura appeared. Count Olaf?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 04:02 PM   #1368
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I have no idea what Jim Carey characters are those robots supposed to be after The Riddler, The Mask and Ace Ventura appeared. Count Olaf?
One of the characters was Vera De Milo. a character he played on In Living Color. And another was Truman Burbank from The Truman Show. There was also Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber. He was the one that goes. "Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" that dude.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 04-23-2020 at 04:10 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:22 PM   #1369
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
One of the characters was Vera De Milo. a character he played on In Living Color. And another was Truman Burbank from The Truman Show. There was also Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber. He was the one that goes. "Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" that dude.
Don't forget Fire Marshall Bill, also from In Living Color. "let me show ya something!"

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:30 PM   #1370
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Well that was funny.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:53 PM   #1371
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

That video was great.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:59 AM   #1372
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
This is very funny and clever.

That was hilarious

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:38 AM   #1373
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Old 04-28-2020, 12:24 PM   #1374
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Another funny honest trailer.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:04 PM   #1375
oldmanwinters
Overlord

See also: Pitch Meeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mzjSwl-Ow4

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #1376
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Just saw this

Sonic Movie Director: No Official Plans For Sequel Yet
https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/04...for-sequel-yet

Hopefully they come up with something at the end of the year because the mid credits scene definitely left it open.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #1377
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Just saw this

Sonic Movie Director: No Official Plans For Sequel Yet
https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/04...for-sequel-yet

Hopefully they come up with something at the end of the year because the mid credits scene definitely left it open.
I would bet that the only reason talks haven't started yet are because the entertainment industry is kind of a mess due to the pandemic. It's the highest-grossing video game movie of all time, I would be shocked if there wasn't a sequel down the road.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:09 AM   #1378
Jazzfox
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
I would bet that the only reason talks haven't started yet are because the entertainment industry is kind of a mess due to the pandemic. It's the highest-grossing video game movie of all time, I would be shocked if there wasn't a sequel down the road.
Ditto, it seems like it managed to hit all the right buttons between general approval over a videogame-to-movie adaptation and despite it's flaws, seems to be kind of cementing itself as well-humored enough to be fun to point out any of those plotholes and such, lol

I can see the movie having a plenty future ahead

And now also need to rewatch the section of the movie where Carrey is enjoying himself with Robotnik's playlist choices, lol

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:36 AM   #1379
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I happened to come across this.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:28 AM   #1380
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just caught this movie on Amazon Prime. Eh. It was OK. Very safe, for sure. It's definitely a kids movie and of course it should be. I didn't chuckle even once yet was still mostly entertained. You know those "Secret Agent" M&M commercials they've been making for years? Where they go on missions and get strapped to a missile and all that? This feels like an hour and 30 minutes of something like that, come to life.

A little weird with Marsden's character and his wife in the movie. Was there some kind of problem on set? It's isn't that there's just not chemistry there... they seemed like super awkward together, like even as actors. There is even the one scene where it looks like it calls on them to kiss (the only time), and it just becomes this weird "buddy hug" instead. Very weird.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote