The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-04-2019, 06:37 AM   #6461
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by propguy View Post
You explained my concerns better than I did!
Sometimes things just look "off" or something doesn't feel quite right...and that feeling is usually what I stick with. Sounds like many of us experienced that when we saw this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger_eater! View Post
As for the reason why the back did not say “fan club details inside” was (in my opinion) due to the fact that there was never supposed to be a fan club flyer with splinter thus not needing to put that phrase on the card. I believe only the 4 turtles had that phrase on the back.
I do believe you're correct and that only the four Turtles were supposed to have the Fan Club Form (as well as the statement on the back of the card).

Quote:
Originally Posted by propguy View Post
Yeah, hopefully whover gets it didn't bid wanting it to be real so bad. It's 50/50 whether it's legit or not.
It looks to be a real Fan Club Form...so I suppose that's something. But, something that could probably be easily forged. If it's not forged and is real, makes me sad that someone would open a Turtles figure with Fan Club Form just to take out the form and stuff it into another figure...for a bit of extra cash.

Too many red flags on this figure for me.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #6462
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Ok, which one of you was it?!

I was bidding on a loose Undercover Leo and was sniped right in the end. Whomever it was, congrats! I seriously wanted that figure. The paint was excellent and it's a truly awesome looking figure with the original coat. Just had to wander in here because it had to have gone to a dromer...considering how much it went for. At least I have an Undercover Raph on the way, but the hunt continues for my coveted grail, Leo.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:21 PM   #6463
Booger_eater!
Foot Soldier

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Teenag...oAAOSwHSdcrT~g

Is this legit? I thought figures never had rubber Limbs. If not how can this be graded as rubber limbs?
Booger_eater! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:50 PM   #6464
Powder
So tired of this place

It's not legit, no. Sometimes the plastic degrades or is otherwise compromised, be it by light, means of storage, chemical exposure, etc, & changes color or texture (at least in appearance) to look that way. The 88 wave had its soft head versions, naturally, but nothing else was produced in that vein beyond stuff like the Sewer Spitters, for example, which featured rubber packs on the back to hold water.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:16 AM   #6465
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
Ok, which one of you was it?!

I was bidding on a loose Undercover Leo and was sniped right in the end. Whomever it was, congrats! I seriously wanted that figure. The paint was excellent and it's a truly awesome looking figure with the original coat. Just had to wander in here because it had to have gone to a dromer...considering how much it went for. At least I have an Undercover Raph on the way, but the hunt continues for my coveted grail, Leo.
Out of curiosity, what did it go for?
I Crave Pizza No More is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #6466
Vintage
Random Punk

I wonder if you would of just gone ahead and bid, and if putting in a higher range of acceptable bids for Ebay to bid on your behalf, would in the end outgun a snipers much lower bid. I think it would.

Anyone know?
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:22 AM   #6467
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Out of curiosity, what did it go for?
The particular Undercover Leo I missed out on (no weapons but had the original coat), went for exactly $476.77. That honestly isn't super bad for that particular figure and the condition it was in, but I just wasn't willing to spend that much at the time. Kudos to whomever got it, but man that's pretty much the last grail I seriously want in my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
I wonder if you would of just gone ahead and bid, and if putting in a higher range of acceptable bids for Ebay to bid on your behalf, would in the end outgun a snipers much lower bid. I think it would.

Anyone know?
I put in an ultimate bid of the max amount I was willing to spend. It kept increasing as other bidders went in, but when it's a snipe war in the end...I'm not all that great. However, I try and not play that game anyway which is why I put in my max limit amount to begin with. If it goes over that, I'm out.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:59 PM   #6468
Vintage
Random Punk

SNIPER VS Ebay

I hear you but my question is would Ebay always favor an EBay's members maximum bid if it was higher, than a maximum bid of someone who uses a sniper program or website.

Last edited by Vintage; 04-12-2019 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 04-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #6469
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That stinks. Don't think I've seen a Leo one on there, would have at least been nice to see the listing and watch it rack up the dollar signs.

And this... anyone need a "folk art" Turtle doll for their next indi horror film...?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mut...QAAOSwajRchXpi

Feels rather... I dunno, Blair Witch-ish to me. o.O No offense to someone's attempt at folk art, but...no.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:05 PM   #6470
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
The particular Undercover Leo I missed out on (no weapons but had the original coat), went for exactly $476.77. That honestly isn't super bad for that particular figure and the condition it was in, but I just wasn't willing to spend that much at the time. Kudos to whomever got it, but man that's pretty much the last grail I seriously want in my collection.

Holy cow! That's insane. Back in 2011, I bought the entire set MOC for $425. Wow.
I Crave Pizza No More is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #6471
Vintage
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That stinks. Don't think I've seen a Leo one on there, would have at least been nice to see the listing and watch it rack up the dollar signs.

And this... anyone need a "folk art" Turtle doll for their next indi horror film...?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mut...QAAOSwajRchXpi

Feels rather... I dunno, Blair Witch-ish to me. o.O No offense to someone's attempt at folk art, but...no.
I would not want that thing under my roof while I'm sleeping. There is a reason why Leo's hands are tied up.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:27 PM   #6472
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I would not want that thing under my roof while I'm sleeping. There is a reason why Leo's hands are tied up.
Forget Dark Leo, Folk Leo is the real one to watch out for.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #6473
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I hear you but my question is would Ebay always favor an EBay's members maximum bid if it was higher, than a maximum bid of someone who uses a sniper program or website.
I have not used a sniper program. I do my own sniping. That said, my understanding is they bid for you using your ebay account. I don't think ebay knows the difference.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:21 PM   #6474
Vintage
Random Punk

Good point
Old 04-16-2019, 05:03 PM   #6475
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Went scrolling through the site for any recently added TMNT pins that might be unusual and newly added. How is this even a thing??

Read: NSFW.

Grabby hands Turtles, messy pizza, and, er, nekkid lady (April?)... Huh?

Yeah, I'll pass, but if anyone else likes cool pins and that theme is your sorta thing, well there ya go...

On the topic of sniping, I'm kind of surprised that eBay never curbed that, but maybe allowing it is too profitable. I've done it (I've also at other times tried to and failed), but not a fan of it. Any more I rarely bid and mainly stick with buy now whenever possible.

edit: Leo with Stormtrooper helmet? Too bad it's got to be that much for two when I only like the one.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-16-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:40 PM   #6476
Vintage
Random Punk

Quote:
Went scrolling through the site for any recently added TMNT pins that might be unusual and newly added. How is this even a thing??

Read: NSFW.

Grabby hands Turtles, messy pizza, and, er, nekkid lady (April?)... Huh?

Yeah, I'll pass, but if anyone else likes cool pins and that theme is your sorta thing, well there ya go...

On the topic of sniping, I'm kind of surprised that eBay never curbed that, but maybe allowing it is too profitable. I've done it (I've also at other times tried to and failed), but not a fan of it. Any more I rarely bid and mainly stick with buy now whenever possible.

edit: Leo with Stormtrooper helmet? Too bad it's got to be that much for two when I only like the one.

As a sniper did you get to place your bid in at let's say something like .001 of a second. And if you lost was it the possibility that the winner was not using a sniper? i think of the scenario of the winner was the highest bidder before your sniper bid, and because his maximum bid was still higher then your sniper bid, that Ebay bidded on his behalf at .0000001 of a sec. If so this would conform to what member inaheap said that Ebay does not know the difference between a sniper bid and a regular bid.

As for that Ebay item. Why why why?

Last edited by Vintage; 04-16-2019 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 04-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #6477
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, generally when I've lost the bid (after placing it in the last several seconds) the bid history often showed one or more final bids from other people hitting it either right before or right after me, at least one of which bid higher than I did.

Even after losing though I at least always felt a little vindicated at making the winner pay more than they probably hoped.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:26 PM   #6478
Leo656
The Franchise

Leo gets 10 points for going straight at the "bullseye". Fantastic.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:14 PM   #6479
Vintage
Random Punk

Quote:
Yeah, generally when I've lost the bid (after placing it in the last several seconds) the bid history often showed one or more final bids from other people hitting it either right before or right after me, at least one of which bid higher than I did.

Even after losing though I at least always felt a little vindicated at making the winner pay more than they probably hoped.

Leo is a savage sniper. Makes them pay no matter what.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:54 PM   #6480
mikey22
Stone Warrior

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K:ME:LNLK:MESX

here is what i have up on ebay it ends sunday

green news van april- android krang shooter leo tmnt movie star set all loose movie cards from the 1992 series as well

50 accesssories. bundled up all my tmnt surplus enjoy
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote