The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

How do you guys see Leo becoming the leader in this series?

So many signs are pointing it happening. Latest few episodes are a dead give away. When do you think it will happen and how?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's hard to guess with this show. With the amount of eps that could be labeled as filler outweighing the rest, it wouldn't surprise me if some people are right in thinking it won't happen until the end of the season.

Unless they're getting most of that junk out of the way now and it becomes a bit more arc centered in the second half. But have my doubts, though it would be nice.

As to how he takes over the role... At this point in time I'm expecting it to be rather uneventful. This show is too bad about taking things that could have had at least a little depth and meaning to the allover series and just making it nothing. I just hope at that point he's grown up a bit and isn't a butthead about it. If it's just passed off as practically nothing... then I hope at least the Turtles simply came to realize on their own that Leo actually has a good knack for planning and strategizing.

Or maybe Splinter will change the hierarchy and risk a feud...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I could see that last part you said happening after the last episode including Leo himself thinking this.I mean him and Raph fought over leadership in it pretty much. If Raph just keeps making mistakes causing the turtles to get into another mess on his half and doesn't listen to Leo still.

I also don't know how much longer Donnie will handle Raph's leadership, heck in episode 11 which takes place after episode 7 they seem like they are going to crack from it LOL.

Maybe when the actual arc comes to a conclusion ( Hopefully season one final)

Edit;

How many episodes are there in season one?
Old 11-21-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Stop acting like this cartoon has any sort of serious structure or overall arc. If it happens it happen, if not, oh well. And if it happens it'll most likely be done as some sort of joke and not a big deal. This is like the hyper paced version of the 80's cartoon with modern wit and humor. It's not going to be anything like the 2K3 or 2012 show in terms of serious storytelling and world building, so stop pretending it's suddenly going to do that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:57 PM   #5
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Stop acting like this cartoon has any sort of serious structure or overall arc. If it happens it happen, if not, oh well. And if it happens it'll most likely be done as some sort of joke and not a big deal. This is like the hyper paced version of the 80's cartoon with modern wit and humor. It's not going to be anything like the 2K3 or 2012 show in terms of serious storytelling and world building, so stop pretending it's suddenly going to do that.
And your attacking me why? I didn't say it'd be any thing like the 2003 series or 2012 even. It does feel like they are setting up a few things though even if it's not major.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I only see him becoming a temporary leader when Raph doubts himself for a while.

Maybe as the team's second in command?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
There is nothing wrong with taking Rise or the 80s cartoon seriously.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:34 PM   #7
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Maybe Raph would be captured, incapacitated, and/or (crosses fingers) brainwashed turned against his brothers. After all we have seen and heard most of the lines we've seen being recorded in the behind the scenes moments. The only one we haven't really heard or scene is the one where Raph says "If you mess with me, my little brothers come and beat you up."

So let’s say Raph is captured by Draxum. When it initially happens Donnie and Mikey are lost and disheartened because their eldest brother and leader isn't there to lead them. Leo then takes it upon himself to step up to the plate as a temporary leader in Raph's absence. and tells both Donnie and Mikey that he needs both of them to ensure the plan will work. Then at the end of everything when Raph is back with them, even he admits that Leo is more suited for being a leader then he is. And then he says he's going to retire from being a leader, but he would phrase it as taking a vacation from leading the team for a while. Meaning that if there is ever a time Leo can't lead anymore, Raph would take the role back but he will be more prepared for it since he would be subtly learning from how Leo does things.

Last edited by victory_angel; 11-22-2018 at 09:35 AM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:33 AM   #8
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Look at the 2012 episode "New girl in town" in which an exasperated Leo relinquishes command of the team to Raph and the latter finding out to his horror that he isn't up to the challenge.

For those who haven't seen that one, I won't reveal what happens but it's a very likely scenario that the Rise Raph is sure to encounter.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
So many signs are pointing it happening. Latest few episodes are a dead give away. When do you think it will happen and how?
Signs? He is the de facto leader already. Raph may claim the role of leader but they've made it pretty clear he's too stupid and impulsive to be a leader.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:35 PM   #10
Cowa
Random Punk

Location: I'm pretty sure I'm living somewhere inside my mind
I don't even want Leo to become the leader.
While I'm not very fond of their decision of making Raph the leader, it's already done so I'd like to see him improving his leadership skills and finally becoming a good leader.
If Leo really steps up to be the new leader tho, I honestly have no idea how it would happen or the repercussions of this new setup.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:17 AM   #11
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

It's a really tough call.

The likely options are:

A. Raph will likely do something majorly bad that will cause Splinter to take the leadership role away from him and give it to Leo. Regardless of whether Leo has earned it or is just given the role because Splinter says so.

B. Leo could earn the leadership role by showing promise and taking initiative if he sees the obvious flaws in Raph's "plans" or if Raph is in trouble.

C. Raph might realize that strategics aren't in him and might see it in his brother and give him the leadership role.

If it's either A or B, Raph will either be unhappy with this and resent Leo for this (which is how the Leo vs Raph relationship occurs) or he'll be okay with his bro taking over but occasionally be against his ideas similar to how Leo was towards his.

Now given how this show is, it'll likely be option A, unfortunately.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:24 AM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

Raphael gets hit by a barrage of pies, falls into a diabetic coma, and Splinter replaces him with the first Turtle he sees, which is Leo.

You asked.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:45 AM   #13
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Raph self-appointed himself as the leader due to him being the oldest and biggest of the four of them. Perhaps there would be one argument where Raph and Leo are arguing over who would be the better leader. Donnie and Mikey are asked who would be the better leader and both Donnie and Mikey say they feel Leo is the better choice. Either that or an even split with Donnie siding with Leo, and Mikey siding with Raph.

They then proceed to do an A-team and B-team situation against let's say the Foot Clan. During Raph and Mikey's team Mikey openly speculates that maybe Leo is the better leader. This causes Raph to get argumentive and becomes too distracted to notice an incoming attack is coming his way. Mikey freaks out that Raph has been hurt or abducted calls Leo and Donnie tells them what happened.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:04 AM   #14
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I think the biggest question is if Leo is going to become the leader? He may have show signs and it may look obvious that it'll happen but things may not be what they seem. With this show's "anything goes as long as it's funny" approach, who can really tell? I'm not gonna be surprised in the slightest if it either never happens or it happens at the series finale of which by that point, I'll be left apathetic to care. It'd just be throwing a bone to us who bothered watching this show.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #15
miru
Mad Scientist

Only in the very last episode.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:08 PM   #16
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I think the biggest question is if Leo is going to become the leader? He may have show signs and it may look obvious that it'll happen but things may not be what they seem. With this show's "anything goes as long as it's funny" approach, who can really tell? I'm not gonna be surprised in the slightest if it either never happens or it happens at the series finale of which by that point, I'll be left apathetic to care. It'd just be throwing a bone to us who bothered watching this show.
It is nothing like Teen titans go dude just stop when these lame remarks.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:08 PM   #17
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowa View Post
I don't even want Leo to become the leader.
While I'm not very fond of their decision of making Raph the leader, it's already done so I'd like to see him improving his leadership skills and finally becoming a good leader.
If Leo really steps up to be the new leader tho, I honestly have no idea how it would happen or the repercussions of this new setup.
Nah it's actually self appointed leader and he kinda sucks at it.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:29 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Where did he say anything about Teen Titans Go in that quote, and I don't see cause for the hostility.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:31 PM   #19
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Where did he say anything about Teen Titans Go in that quote, and I don't see cause for the hostility.
Sorry the fact he said that this series is funny just reminded me of the comedy ghetto genre.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:43 PM   #20
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Sorry the fact he said that this series is funny just reminded me of the comedy ghetto genre.
Wha...?

Quote:
I said nothing about this show being TTG. You're making yourself to be quite the Rise apologist.