The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Where can I find some 4Kids series merchandise?

The last time I saw a 4Kids series t-shirt was around 2009 for the 25th anniversary. It was neon green with the logo printed in black. Nowadays, if you want a t-shirt with the 2003 Turtles on it, you have to make your own or buy a custom design from a place like Redbubble. The halloween costumes were still using the 4Kids design until the Nick show premiered. I also bought a popsicle with the 2003 Turtles on the wrapper in 2013. Surprisingly enough, Heroclix released Sliver and Cyber Shredder game pieces in 2017. I'd like to see more posters too. In 2003, I used to have this cool poster of Raphael, two Foot Ninjas, and Shredder and I would like to buy it again, but I can't find it anywhere. Will we see more 4Kids series merchandise in the 2020s or will it continue to remain in obscurity?

The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
Will we see more 4Kids series merchandise in the 2020s or will it continue to remain in obscurity?
It depends on in which directions Nickelodeon will take the turtles during the upcoming years, and how much 4 Kids nostalgia will kick in.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:27 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

You'll just have to resort to copping old stuff on ebay, yo.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:12 PM   #4
Roseangelo
Emperor

Nickelodeon has a weird aversion to that series. I would not count on anything new happening.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:59 AM   #5
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

They're not shy about putting clips and videos from the series on their social media sites, and it always ends with a screen that says "See more TMNT on Nick".

I don't have cable, so I'm curious, by "more tmnt" do they just mean TMNT in general, or do they show the 2k3 series at all?
Old 03-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Nickelodeon has a weird aversion to that series. I would not count on anything new happening.
No Krang, Beebop, or Mutagen Man? Then it doesn't count!
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

They've never done anything more with this series (not that I've come across at least), so the clips on social media are so strange. I wish they'd embrace that version more, and it's a shame they probably won't. I'd love to see another series like it someday. (Or heck, pick up where it left off but that level of art detail of the first several seasons just doesn't seem to be a thing cartoon producers are willing to do much anymore.)

But, yeah, eBay. Never know what may turn up eventually. I enjoy looking from time to time to see if anything interesting has turned up.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-06-2019 at 12:22 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:13 PM   #8
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

I know this is off topic, but is/was it available on US cable/streaming sites out of instance? Up until last week Nick put it on Sky (the UK's main satellite tv company) for streaming/digital download with a subscription. Would seem weird for it to be on UK streaming sites and not US ones.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:48 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nope, have one of the major cable services and it has never been available through it. Weird indeed. I envy you guys.

No Netflix either. Maybe it's available via something else I don't have?

(Heck, even 2012 was only available for a short time, maybe for about one season mid-series. Looks like 'Rise' is though, go figure.)
Old 03-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #10
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

I think you need to check eBay for old 2K3 items, I don't think we'll see new stuff based on that series, and if they release something, maybe that will be the full DVD set. My wish if that Neca released accurate figures of that show.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:55 AM   #11
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

After 7 years, I finally found it!

I have been looking for this poster since 2012! I got it at Walmart in September, 2003 during Hurricane Isabel, along with the Raphael/Foot poster I already mentioned. It's the four Turtles on each corner posing with their respective colors and the logo in the center. You can find high quality images online of each Turtle in that style, but not the logo. However, the posters must have gotten trashed or lost in a move a few years afterwards. After the 2012 Nick show was announced, I wondered if I could still buy them online, but I could only find low resolution pictures. I was looking on eBay a few weeks ago and I finally found one, sealed and new! It arrived today, but I haven't opened it because I don't have a frame for it yet. For something that must have been in various storage conditions for 15 years, it looks like it has held up pretty well, so hopefully it's not too wrinkled when opened.

Here are some pictures.

Spoiler:

Old 03-19-2019, 02:33 PM   #12
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Nice find, the-shredder! I wish i could add some 2K3 to my collection
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #13
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

I've got a TMNT shirt that I bought from a site called Qwertee. It's an original design, but judging by the poses and the overall designs, they definitely resemble 2k3:

Spoiler:
Old 03-19-2019, 04:51 PM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
I got it at Walmart in September, 2003 during Hurricane Isabel, along with the Raphael/Foot poster I already mentioned.
Now I wanna say 'screw it' and go buy Turtles stuff in a hurricane. lol Sadly our close pass and rough time with Isabel was overnight.

Grats on finding it, pretty cool poster!
Old 03-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #15
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Now I wanna say 'screw it' and go buy Turtles stuff in a hurricane. lol Sadly our close pass and rough time with Isabel was overnight.

Grats on finding it, pretty cool poster!
Our power went out for several days, so we went shopping to stock up. I think it calmed down by then. We weren't hit as bad. It was mostly just fallen trees and broken fences from what I remember. Luckily, it came back just in time for Saturday morning cartoons.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:58 PM   #16
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Maybe times will change once those who grew up with the series enter the company boards in larger scales.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:47 PM   #17
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

How did I not know about these?

Where do I get these?!

Old 04-06-2019, 08:00 PM   #18
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Around the time 2k12 was coming out I was finding 4kids toy auctions at incredible prices on ebay. i'm sure with some patience you can still find some really good deals. Keep on eye out for lots of figures, that's where you can get the best deals
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #19
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Around the time 2k12 was coming out I was finding 4kids toy auctions at incredible prices on ebay. i'm sure with some patience you can still find some really good deals. Keep on eye out for lots of figures, that's where you can get the best deals
There are some pretty cool stuff out there, but it doesn't help that I'm strapped for cash for the next few years and the cheapest ones always have to be heavily worn figures with missing belts and accessories.

Right now, what I really need is a 2002 pair of nunchakus (I went through two pairs of those things) and a single 2002 sai. There was a website where you could specifically buy TMNT accessories, but I forgot what it was called and chances are those are out of stock.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Are we talking figure accessories or role play accessories?

Got me wandering off to browse through 2003 stuff on ebay, searched clothing and just saw one random RP sai among them for some reason. Going to assume not that one, but figured I'd toss it out there.