The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-20-2019, 03:35 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

"Return of the Kraang" is it happening or not?

Greg Cipes has tweeted that he once again will be voicing Mikey in the last couple of months, Ciro Nieli hinted that there was something going to happen.

So is it on then?
Old 11-20-2019, 03:43 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I really hope it does happen.

As it is, I feel that the Kraang didn't get satisfactory closure (unless you count the implications of the Mutagen Bomb being their last ditch effort), which is a shame because they were one of the show's main villains up there with the Foot, but far greater in scale.

Just think of the possibilites that could be explored, Bishop's history with Subprime, what inspired Kraang Prime in the first place, what the Kraang plan to do with the turtles in retaliation for their failures, what their plans are now at this point, etc. etc.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:46 AM   #3
newfan
Mad Scientist

There seems to be a number of these rumour threads now, sadly they are all just that. Okay ignorantly I haven't watched the posted video yet and just assumed it's more unconfirmed stuff. EDIT: (Since watched)
Cipes tweeted about the idea which Ciro threw out there at the SDCC a few months back but I haven't seen anything else from him, this wasn't the Kraang story Ciro had been working on though. This we know he'd done some work on, not sure on how much content there is though. It was shot down once and he was going to pitch again, then the last we heard him mention it sounded like it was just a hopeful 'one day' thing.

Last edited by newfan; 11-20-2019 at 04:11 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:50 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Cool

I always said the 2012 series would likely be revisited with a movie down the line, and with Netflix making movies for Nick it is quite possible it could debut there. Hopefully it happens.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

If this will happen, it must occur now. It is unlikely any producers want to revisit a series years later.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:45 PM   #6
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Would like to see it happen, although the odds don't seem good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I really hope it does happen.

As it is, I feel that the Kraang didn't get satisfactory closure (unless you count the implications of the Mutagen Bomb being their last ditch effort), which is a shame because they were one of the show's main villains up there with the Foot, but far greater in scale.

Just think of the possibilites that could be explored, Bishop's history with Subprime, what inspired Kraang Prime in the first place, what the Kraang plan to do with the turtles in retaliation for their failures, what their plans are now at this point, etc. etc.
In the "Mutant Apocalypse" episodes. As I recall A.) it was never specified who detonated the bomb (and the Kraang never show up anywhere in that episode) and B.) that story was set in a parallel universe to the main show, according to Nick.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:02 AM   #7
AquaParade
Banned

If it's just "more of the same" essentially, then I'm not that interested. I do like the "body-horror" idea he mentioned and the idea of aging the turtles.

If the animation budget can be upped a bit and the tone played with, then I'd be all for it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote